blademaster skills / attribute points

mgjscdhl1
mgjscdhl1 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
I've been playing a while, and while I understand my blademaster prob does need alot or any magic the attribute points still confuse me. This is really my first mmo type game and my most played character, but I'm starting to wonder if I haven't been messing things up this whole time. Instead of redoing I think, if needed, I'll get a reset card from shop.

I was wondering if someone could streer me right and tell me if the purchase would be worth it or even if I'm just nuts

I'm a lvl 26
hp 1525
mp 594

Attribute points
Vit: 48
Str: 60
Mag: 16
Dex: 27

I'd really appreciate any help
Thanks in advance,
Geo
Post edited by mgjscdhl1 on

Comments

• Koyote - Harshlands
    Koyote - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Mag should be left at five. Messing to much with your points won't allow you to use the latest weapons for your lvl. Here's some builds that i know about: axe pve build 3 vit, 6 str, 1 dex (every 2 lvls), axe pvp 2 vit 6 str 2 dex, poleblade pve 3 vit, 6 str 2 dex, pvp 2 vit 6 str 3dex (same as sword). If fore some reason u like fists then go 1 vit 5 str 4 dex every 2 lvls. Dont worry you can restat at anytime using a scrollb:byeb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Koyote - Wizardhunter of Harshlandsb:pleased. (I hate wizardsb:angry)
  • Koyote - Harshlands
    Koyote - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    made a mistake at poleblade is 2vit 5str 3dex for pvp and 3vit 5str 2dex for pve. sorry. for sword is 2vit 5 str 3 dex every 2 lvls.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Koyote - Wizardhunter of Harshlandsb:pleased. (I hate wizardsb:angry)
  • Faeia - Dreamweaver
    Faeia - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As a polearm Warrior, I favour the 2.5 STR / 1.5 DEX / 1 VIT per level build noted above. This gives you the freedom to use swords and a bow should the fancy/occasion take you...I can also use an axe now and then for the sole purpose of stunning. Admittedly, the "PvE" build with additional VIT is very nice for outlasting stuff, but even in PvE I like the greater accuracy, evasion, and flexibility the high-dex build offers - and I don't seem to have the grinding issue some blades complain about around here O__o. Amplify it with a few amber shards here and there and...well, I am one happy amazon. But yes, NO MAG IS A CARDINAL RULE. You don't have to reallocate those points right away, but keep in mind you've three levels worth of warrior stats dumped in something which has very little use for a blade. Mag attack is useless to you; your mp pool and regen can be supplemented with potions easily enough. I've been relying on potions for my mp for 38 levels and never had to buy one from the Apothecary.
  • Faeia - Dreamweaver
    Faeia - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That being said, I do recall putting a lot more into VIT in the early levels, simply because all you're doing in 1v1 PvE *constantly*. Around lvl 25 I started balancing out to the standard build above, but that involved about 5 levels where I put everything into DEX and nothing into VIT or STR. This also goes to prove that you can, with a little patience and effort, change your build midgame ;)

Pardon the double post, I didn't feel like editing ;)
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you haven't spent money on your character. I.E. inventory extensions. I suggest not restating but restarting. Now that you've done the first 26 levels. It will take you a fraction of the time to get back. And if you make another BM. You can transfer your equipment over at the right time via a few methods.

1.) Your first character can send to your second Character Via mail. It takes one hour for delivery and some coin for postage.
    2.) Or if you have a trustworthy friend trade it to him/her so they can give to your other character.

On another note about your stats. I believe in a more high dex build over Vit build. (I like to hit my targets.) I am an axe BM. My stats are as follows;
    Str 207
    dex 102
    vit 36

All my gear is the best I can find (2 star; 3 star)and sharded with HP shards. And I am already making my TT runs to get my TT70 armor.

I hope I helped.b:pleased
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZNartist - Lost City
    ZNartist - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    post Deleted.