need help choosing class

Options
gunner9344
gunner9344 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
hi, i've searched several classes that i'd be interested in (archer, cleric, mage and blademaster) but i need a second opinion on what im searching for.

i was wondering which one of those 4 i've searched is the easiest to play for a first character? or atleast something that will allow me to ease into the gameplay.

i need a character which requires little money but can make alot, good survivability, decent damage, good at low-mid-high levels, is easy to level and can easily be learnt by a beginner. (from what i've read, this is an archer)

thanks
Post edited by gunner9344 on

Comments

• Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Veno b:surrender
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    easy to play and money-making... hmm... i'd get cleric of the list. They burn way too much mp, always need charms, best gear, best weap and skills as high as possible.

archer would be a good deal, high damage, fast attack rate, high crit, not squishy, fast lvler but low hp and low def

BM is what i think it would suit you best. Bit of a tank, good damage, fast lvler (aoe skills and self heal skills allowing you to "solo zhen") still, needs some cash spend on good equips and some hp charms.

As for wiz... can't tell you much. I love casters, but wiz got me bored when i hit lv10 or so b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Cleric -

AoE grind
    Physical and magical damage
    fast levelr
    Can survive purely on Plume shot and Great cyclone + Ironheart blessing = cheap
    can bring back dead people

Fun to play.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Honestly, out of those four you supplied, I think you should make a BM.

That would suit you best, as far as easing yourself into the game. It's also a very decent class too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    People that don't have an opinion are destined to be slaves for life...

Break free of the chain and decide for yourself, noob. Or you will forever be a slave to others who command you. In other words, use your brain and decide for yourself. All classes are nicely balanced.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Koyote - Harshlands
    Koyote - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well i can tell u about my class if it helpes: Cleric is very good early and midgame and it gets even better in endgame. The only bad gap is lvl 30-44 when you dont have enough magic attacks to deal with heavy armor chars. But beside that cleric has it all, very good attack, good survivability, good magic and physical defence (plume shell), endgame you'll have alot of hp if u go balance build, wanted in parties, best paralyze spells (if u chose demon atl lvl 89), and lets not forget cool lightning spellsb:laugh. But its not the richest char because the mana drain is high. But overall its one of the best classes and most versatile (Healer/buffer, backup damage dealer, magic tank)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Koyote - Wizardhunter of Harshlandsb:pleased. (I hate wizardsb:angry)
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics are versatile but expensive and depending on build, will likely need help on most boss fights that sometimes come with quests. Thus far though, I am enjoying my Cleric.

I'd recommend Venomancer ... take it out for a test drive. You get a pet, which is your tank and your repair bill will be fairly low assuming you don't double pull (pet on one, Veno on another).

Blademasters seem cool also, though I've never played one ... Those I've spoken to enjoy their BM.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Papa_bear - Dreamweaver
    Papa_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    has veno been suggested yet
    Executor of Dominion

Papa "Papi" Bear 6x barb of lovin's O_O
    ImaDUDEirl - veno
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    it sounds like u might want a veno

but u dont want a veno so..... bm or archer would be nice for u

not mage or cleric they 2 hard for jumping into the game
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would say veno or BM

Unless your extremely used to playing versatile MMOs, and rotating the screen 360degrees frequently to avoid unwanted aggro, and keeping watch of your HP/MP. Cleric start went smoothly for me but when I read these forums I seen alot of horror stories so yeah...

Any mage job even with heals, their defence is so low, your survivabilty will depend on your skill. (and meds)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ...I'd say a blademaster or barbarian, it gets annoying when some monsters have a "high magic defense" when ur a magic user. b:pleased
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
  • hellokitten
    hellokitten Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    veno veno veno veno veno b:shutup out of ur list tho since veno isnt there blademaster? b:pleased
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Honestly, this very much depends on your play style. I'll try to break things down a little to give you a better feel, but you may want to start one of each and play around a little with each before settling down. Remember, you can make multiple characters.

Venomancer (since everyone is suggesting it): Hope you like multitasking, and you don't get bored easily. Venos are the slow and steady, dependable soloers. They can kill reliably, grind solo, earn good money, and rarely die (if played right), but they take their time at it and it requires you to stay aware of your surroundings, yourself, and your pet. Rare to be asked into a party until late-game, though, and even then, everyone seems to have a Veno.

Archer: Fast kills, decent survivability, and kiting (early on at least). You'll level quickly and rather easily, but quests can be a bit of a pain later on. You'll learn what mobs are good for archers to kill (slow, low pdef/mdef, not ranged) and which ones are hard (ranged, fast, hard hitting, good def/HP). Unfortunately, many quests will ask you to kill things that aren't. Best DDers in the game, physical and magical attacks, but low MP/HP, mediocre pdef/mdef. Frequently wanted in parties to fill slots (in competition with Wiz and Attack Clerics, though). Again, stay aware of your surroundings.

BM: Lower attack (better than Barb, but everyone else beats it out) means slow solo kills, but you can tank very well (almost as well as a barb). Repair costs go up a ton, because it isn't just your weapon being repaired any more, but your armor, too (archers and venos rarely have to worry about that). Expect to down potions a lot, and to use charms at higher levels. On the up side, if you go Axes/Hammers, you can AoE grind at later levels. Frequently wanted in parties as a back-up tank, or if they can't find a Barb. You don't have to worry about your surroundings nearly as much as the above, though, because you can handle multiple mobs at the same time.

Cleric: ALWAYS wanted in parties. Always. That's probably going to be your primary role, actually. Nice attacks, magical and physical spells, self-buffs, self heal-over-time (stackable, too), and an MP shield mean your survivability and soloability are high, but you'll burn MP like no one else. Expect high pot/charm costs. Pay attention to your surroundings, even a buffed cleric with the mana-shield shouldn't try tanking multiple physical attack mobs at the same time, but it's not as critical as an archer/Veno because you only have to worry about where you are and where the mob is.