Light/Heavy? I cant choose!

Gian - Harshlands
Gian - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
What is better? to have more Physical Res. or Elements Res? Because I can use a light armor with high elements resist. but lower phys res than the heavy armor that I can use. For example:

Light footwear lvl 3: ......................... Heavy footwear lvl 2:
Physical Res: 60 ......................... Physical Res: 75
Elementa res: all 95 .......................... Element res: all 30

So what is better? I can use both, but I dont know whats the importance of element resistances.
Post edited by Gian - Harshlands on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Light Armor.

I suggest reading Annor's Archer Basics, which is stickied in this subforum.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185611
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    light armor close thread
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    err make one on scant, go heavy armor, turn on pkmode, pm me and ill show you why
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Go Arcane armor. The magical defense of that can't be beat and with all the magic points you add for that you won't need to drink very many mp pots at all.

Robe archers FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Go naked and throw everything into Dex. you deal a TON of damage that way b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This thread is EPIC FAIL.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Go Arcane armor. The magical defense of that can't be beat and with all the magic points you add for that you won't need to drink very many mp pots at all.

Robe archers FTW

Why did you tell them? Now i cant beat archers zomg...
  • Gian - Harshlands
    Gian - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you have nothing good to say just dont write anything :D b:pleased
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What is better? to have more Physical Res. or Elements Res? Because I can use a light armor with high elements resist. but lower phys res than the heavy armor that I can use. For example:

Light footwear lvl 3: ......................... Heavy footwear lvl 2:
    Physical Res: 60 ......................... Physical Res: 75
    Elementa res: all 95 .......................... Element res: all 30

So what is better? I can use both, but I dont know whats the importance of element resistances.

The thing is that an archer can't go heavy armor because he is not built for that type of gear. It means that you will put your stat points in Strength, when the actual necessity is Dexterity. Archers are all about Dexterity.

Now you are at the beginning and possibly have a decent Str, but later things will differ, and you can't have enough Str to wear heavy armor. So you will need light armor --> no exception for the next levels that will follow(until lev 50-60)!

So read Annor's guide to clear the question marks and go for it !
    Cheers man!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Actually, an arcane archer could be good if you had appropriate equipment but such equipment will be extremely expensive and rare (like: whole server gasps in awe, rare), and restat notes are cheap, cheap, cheap in comparison.

But magic defense and reserves? They would come cheaply...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yeah but in that case a pure dex archer with whole-server-gasp-in-awe gear would presumably smack this arcane archer
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Arcane gasp in awe gear would be purple, Dex gasp in awe gear would be red.

But unless dex can oneshot arcane (and maybe could), arcane has significant advantage (but this might change in either direction with genies, depending on how well they work).
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Arcane gasp in awe gear would be purple, Dex gasp in awe gear would be red.

But unless dex can oneshot arcane (and maybe could), arcane has significant advantage (but this might change in either direction with genies, depending on how well they work).

Hmm full dex archer in "Server-gasp-in-awe" gear one shot a robe? Nah I think they'd probably miss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Hmm full dex archer in "Server-gasp-in-awe" gear one shot a robe? Nah I think they'd probably miss.

I do not know about probably. But this could be a robe wearing archer rank gear or maybe hh90+ gear for armor locations not being used for burst damage.

Edit: however, pwdatabase says I can get some light armor which provides essentially the same burst damage benefits I was anticipating from rare arcane armor -- this conflicts with other things I have heard but (if correct) could eliminate most or all of the benefit i was anticipating for arcane archers.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wait do please explain yourself. what gear are you talking about? its actually worth getting like...lawd knows how many magic to have this? and it'd compete w/ full dex? can arcanes even use bows their level?

(and i thought light glow purple but arcane glow red, we talking about gems right?)

i dont think archers can get rank gear that are arcane either...it's like class specific
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    im a pure dex build 0str 10dex ever 2lvls no armor ftw b:cool

• Borntolead - Lost City
    Borntolead - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This thread makes me think of an Archer headed into war with a Knight's gear. ^^. Rush Robin Hood.
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    wtf y is this a 2 page thread b:puzzled

go with banana armor b:victory

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    wait do please explain yourself. what gear are you talking about? its actually worth getting like...lawd knows how many magic to have this? and it'd compete w/ full dex? can arcanes even use bows their level?

(and i thought light glow purple but arcane glow red, we talking about gems right?)

i dont think archers can get rank gear that are arcane either...it's like class specific

I do not know if this was a good idea, but:

Arcane sleeves can have -18% channeling, which can significantly increase your skill damage rate and can help you hit first. If this were combined with good -% channelling necklaces and belts, an arcane archer could maybe stun faster than most archers could attack. However, according to pwdatabase, light sleeves can get -9% channelling and I am not sure giving up dexterity so you can wear arcane sleeves would be worthwhile.

But finding this kind of gear would be nearly impossible, so anyone using this build should wait until after they have their gear, and then restat (so they could equip their nifty gears). Also, you might need a misty forest ring for accuracy. Or maybe you would need accuracy shards in your weapon. You could also wear magic rings for channeling but unless you had a really good weapon this might lose too much of your physical attack to be worthwhile.

Also, I had mentioned rank armor because rank armor does not have strength requirements and if you bought down your strength so you would not lose so much dexterity you maybe could only use rank armor if you wanted armor with high level requirements which was not arcane.