Phoenix Veno v.s. BM

Options
Akiratojo - Heavens Tear
Akiratojo - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
Before I was BM on harshlands I was a happy-go-lucky 61 veno with a crystal mag on HT, which was not a PVP server, so I did no PVPing, just PVE.

So the oppertunity has come to me to get a phoenix.

Up till now I really enjoyed playing a BM, I adore the skills, especially the stuns, and AOE. (minus thr lvl100 skill that requires swords to use=( )

What I am wondering; Generally, who wins in a 1v1, or even TW, BM or Veno with a phoenix?

I know that this is a veno related.bm related thingy, but How much typically does a phoenix hit in PVP, or even on single mobs? (obviously depending on level)...
But I just can't decide, I want to PVP, and I can't pick which class is better for TW, or PVP, any help is greatly appreciated on this matter!

Also, how much damage does a phoenix do? I don't think that they can 1-hit BM or Barbs, can they? I have no doubt that they can 1-hit archers and robes, but not so sure about BMs and barbs. So far I am leaning on staying a BM, I just feel as if I got used to the class and have a good feel for it, but just out of curiosity, are nixies really that good for PVP, I realize that high level venos are good (well along with all high level classes for that matter), but just wondering how good they are.

I also noticed that venos are the top PKers (according to PVP rankings) and if they arent #1, they are sure up there - I assume they are using nixies.

And lastly, I was also told my a 7X bm the follwoing:

"BM v.s a Veno with a nix, BM will allways lose becuase the nix will 1hit him" I dont really think that is credible, but does a BM, say lvl 90 stand a good chance against a veno with a nix (not sure waht skills, but I heard that level 5 flesh ream is good) also level 90, if their gear was of equal grade (however to put it, just basically if they were both of the same TT level with the same refining level)?
Or would the BM be at a disadvantage?
The way I think of it is that all you would have to do is use leap forward on the veno, and along with cloud sprint, stunlock the veno, and kill her? But then again this is easier said then done, but you never know right?
So what are the odds of the BM winning?

I was also told that:

"the phoenixes bleed damage is bugged so it will take a chunk off ur hp every second or so. idk if this is true but someone told me that if your p.def is over 20k phoenix wont hit u much"

Thanks again guys!

NOTE: I posted this int he BM section as well, I just want to get some feedback from both sides.
Original Thread
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
07-Ghost fan
Warning: This user has bad spelling
Post edited by Akiratojo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Only way you will win is if you put veno on a stun lock or the veno has crappy armor.

If its a light armor'ed veno with good refines then you are dead.

dead.

good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    phoenix with bugged flesh ream = 100% win
  • Valeriewun - Sanctuary
    Valeriewun - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Flesh ream doesnt suffer the 75% damage reduction every other attack in PvP does. BM is at a 4x disadvantage. Will they ever fix the bug with flesh ream? (probably won't since it sells alot of phoenix feathers)
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Flesh ream doesnt suffer the 75% damage reduction every other attack in PvP does. BM is at a 4x disadvantage. Will they ever fix the bug with flesh ream? (probably won't since it sells alot of phoenix feathers)

Genie can stop bleeding. So you see, it's like a fix, but better, it's a fix only for people who pay for it.b:laugh
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Genie can stop bleeding. So you see, it's like a fix, but better, it's a fix only for people who pay for it.b:laugh

Genies are free as far as they are not CS items.

Stop spreading misinformation and outright lies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This depends on too many factors...

In General a veno with a phoenix will win. But if a BM keeps his cool and coordinates his heals to either kill the phoenix (for those **** venos that send in their pet and run P.S. I hate you people) they can stand a much better chance than most expect.

The large majority of venos that i have seen (and yes ive only seen em on the PvE server, but this includes lvl 90+ venos that pk), dont know how to use the veno class. Most dont understand that having a pet is a HUGE advantage and fighting WITH their phoenix (or other pet for that matter) you can take out any class at your lvl and some classes up to 10 lvls above your own.

But just bc a veno has a phoenix dont let that deter you from standing your ground. Chances are its a veno that doesnt know what they are doing and likes to send thier nix in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This depends on too many factors...

In General a veno with a phoenix will win. But if a BM keeps his cool and coordinates his heals to either kill the phoenix (for those **** venos that send in their pet and run P.S. I hate you people) they can stand a much better chance than most expect.

The large majority of venos that i have seen (and yes ive only seen em on the PvE server, but this includes lvl 90+ venos that pk), dont know how to use the veno class. Most dont understand that having a pet is a HUGE advantage and fighting WITH their phoenix (or other pet for that matter) you can take out any class at your lvl and some classes up to 10 lvls above your own.

But just bc a veno has a phoenix dont let that deter you from standing your ground. Chances are its a veno that doesnt know what they are doing and likes to send thier nix in...
    Who needs phoenix to kill BMs! I'll pull out Pewpew!(lvl 2 scorpion)

Generally BM doenst have a chance of winning, without lucky berserk/crit. Though well timed stuns makes this battle a charm tick war, and aoes timed properly can knock out pets.

Throw on a purge, knock off his sutra. Then a well timed spark when hes about to stun should give you the win. Phoenix is just the icing on the cake.

Agree with what puma's said.
  • Akiratojo - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hmmmmm, so if a good veno v.s. good BM, the veno usually wins?
    Now I am on a PVP server, and the nixie is 30 million here, would it be possible to get a herc instead of the nix, grind TT (or HH, depending on what you like to call it), save up 30 million worth of coins, level up as well, and then buy a nixie?

How good is a Herc at soloing mobs that are high above his level (a friend of mine said herc tanks and kills mobs 10+ levels above its level)

So this is the last question that I have before getting a nix/

Other than that, they better not fix the flesh ream then XD (or I hope they don't) (will they? b:sad o.O)

Edit: YOu guys reccomend.... Light armor?! (not robes ???) (if so could you please refer me to some builds with the light armor, thank you!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol veno will win all the way if the veno plays right.

This is what I do even with a sawfly. If the bm gets close I drop to the ground. Venos are way faster than other classes on the ground. You can just kite them and let the nix do the work. If you are getting nervous about how close he is just bramble up. It's really easy to drop a BM with a nix. Just remember the stun ranges and stuff.

But venos really need garnet shards and +phys blues if you are into pvp. I see too many noob venos with like +200-300 total hp on thier gears.Thats not gonna do anything for the massive extra damage you take from phys damage. So if you run into one of these noob venos even with a nix, your chance of winning will rise by alot.

Little tip to all venos : Citrine only for when you have close to endgame or good stuff. <_<
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hmmmmm, so if a good veno v.s. good BM, the veno usually wins?
    Now I am on a PVP server, and the nixie is 30 million here, would it be possible to get a herc instead of the nix, grind TT (or HH, depending on what you like to call it), save up 30 million worth of coins, level up as well, and then buy a nixie?

How good is a Herc at soloing mobs that are high above his level (a friend of mine said herc tanks and kills mobs 10+ levels above its level)

So this is the last question that I have before getting a nix/

Other than that, they better not fix the flesh ream then XD (or I hope they don't) (will they? b:sad o.O)

Edit: YOu guys reccomend.... Light armor?! (not robes ???) (if so could you please refer me to some builds with the light armor, thank you!)

Pvp = light armor but your damage and pet heal will suffer.
    Pve = Robe. All point in mag with minimum in str for eq. Great pet heal and NUKE damage.

Pure mag can solo bosses a bit easier because of enhanced heal. For example, squad bosses can hit hercs for something like this : 1600, 700, 500, 1100. Your herc will only have like 3.2k hp at the 1st lvl you can solo. b:chuckle LA can have a hard time keeping up with that even with chain heals.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so so far should I pour some points into VIT as well?
    And should I consider being light veno? (Considering I will have a nix)?
    If I will be a light veno, then I will ahve to add points to dex and more pts to STR, so is that what I should do?
    Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Don't get a nix 1st lol. Trust me herc is gonna be 100x easier to farm the money for a nix. Vice versa is not so easy. ;o

But yeah...for light armor you can pump vit like hell if you get a nix. It's not like you will be doing any work but trying to stay alive till the nix is done.

Just pray people don't attack the nix and try to kill it. You won't be able to heal it. ;)
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Bullcrap, nix wont be able to solo anyone -good- You should NOT pump vit as light armor.

Vit/Robes is a good pvp build too.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What do you mean when you say that nix can't solo anything, do you mean in terms of FB bosses? Well in that case yes, I know that you can't use the nix in FB, TT - HH, or other 'caves'. If that's not it, I have no idea what you mean then. I heard that nixies were pretty much overkill and were the biggest pvp advantage due to it's Flesh Ream skill for PVP. a good PK friend of mine (ranked #1 in terms of PVP - but no names mentioned) said that the nix just own, and do monstrous ammounts of damage, so I would think that 1v1 - nix v.s. say a barb, nix would win with no problem (as long as I am in the healing range)

As for the armor, so should I stick to arcane robes and occasionaly add a point to vit; or should I go light? I've seen some really high light venos (probably fox venos) do this, but only on a PVE server, since harshlands is a PVP server, what should my build be like? And I know so far, at level 14, having 5 vit, 6Xmag and just enough str to equip my weapons I can't take a hit (350HP lol).

I read the Veno stickies; but they make little sence on what I should go for in terms of a PVP build (hmmm Just now the search button comes to mind, maybe I should search 'PVP veno'?)

And about the herc v.s. nix, what I should get first, I am quite lost still. I want both, but I obviously can't get them both at the same time, so I would hopefully like to use one that I buy (Herc or nix) to level myself up, PK, and grind enough money to support feeding it, AND on top of all that, get the other pet. Should I go herc and go level up, then go grind TT and grind at FBs.

So considering that I just wrote all that, I think that the best thing fo rme to get at this time would be a herc, but with gold prics and the prices of items on Harshlands (gold being 160K+) and the price of the Phoenix - 30Mil, I assume that it would take a while.... Any clue on how long?

Okay..... To recap all I just said here is what I am confused about
    + TO make money what should I buy? Nix or herc? (so that I can buy the other pet)
    + Can nixies 1hit in PVP?
    + can nixies solo mobs?
    + For a PVP build, should I go Arcane + VIT or Light (and or +VIT)? Or something else?
    + Is a herc still good for PVP?
    + How much money can I make with a nixie?

Those are about all the questions I have
    And thank you again for reading this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
  • Joria - Sanctuary
    Joria - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    With a herc you can solo TT and such, much better income than outdoor grinding with nix, otherwise you'd see nix egg tickets from 90% ot the announcements rather than hercs.

From what I hear nix can solo mobs, I only have herc though (which most definately can solo mobs) so I can't speak from experience here.

A petite sawfly would probably be better for pvp than a herc... though the pounce skill would be helpfull.

I don't know enough about the nix to say anything about the rest.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What do you mean when you say that nix can't solo anything, do you mean in terms of FB bosses? Well in that case yes, I know that you can't use the nix in FB, TT - HH, or other 'caves'. If that's not it, I have no idea what you mean then. I heard that nixies were pretty much overkill and were the biggest pvp advantage due to it's Flesh Ream skill for PVP. a good PK friend of mine (ranked #1 in terms of PVP - but no names mentioned) said that the nix just own, and do monstrous ammounts of damage, so I would think that 1v1 - nix v.s. say a barb, nix would win with no problem (as long as I am in the healing range)

As for the armor, so should I stick to arcane robes and occasionaly add a point to vit; or should I go light? I've seen some really high light venos (probably fox venos) do this, but only on a PVE server, since harshlands is a PVP server, what should my build be like? And I know so far, at level 14, having 5 vit, 6Xmag and just enough str to equip my weapons I can't take a hit (350HP lol).

I read the Veno stickies; but they make little sence on what I should go for in terms of a PVP build (hmmm Just now the search button comes to mind, maybe I should search 'PVP veno'?)

And about the herc v.s. nix, what I should get first, I am quite lost still. I want both, but I obviously can't get them both at the same time, so I would hopefully like to use one that I buy (Herc or nix) to level myself up, PK, and grind enough money to support feeding it, AND on top of all that, get the other pet. Should I go herc and go level up, then go grind TT and grind at FBs.

So considering that I just wrote all that, I think that the best thing fo rme to get at this time would be a herc, but with gold prics and the prices of items on Harshlands (gold being 160K+) and the price of the Phoenix - 30Mil, I assume that it would take a while.... Any clue on how long?

+ TO make money what should I buy? Nix or herc? (so that I can buy the other pet)
    + can nixies solo mobs?
    + For a PVP build, should I go Arcane + VIT or Light (and or +VIT)? Or something else?

Obsessed is talking about a nix soloing people in pvp. He says they can't solo anyone with good gear I guess. And your questions :

1.) herc WILL make you more money. I could do 2 twilight temple runs right now on harshlands and get 4-6 gold armor shards, 4 ancient serpent skins, and 5-10 mirages. I could sell the armor shards for CHEAP which would be 500k. People would buy them FAST for that price. The serpent skins sell for like 200k easily. The mirages are 40k ea. If I actually took the time to farm I could have a nix in three weeks. And it just gets easier as you lvl. I'm actually gonna do a few more runs later on because I need a swiftshadow. That won't take long at all once I start.

2.) Nix don't 1 hit in pvp but the damage is high.

3.) Nix is nice in pve grinding but don't expect to make the money a herc user does. Most people who get a nix 1st have the RL cash to buy a herc later.

4.) Pvp build is usually Light Armor. You can put vit in as you want it. It's pretty much up to you. The guides show a way you can stat a LA build with vit.

5.) Herc is garbage in pvp.

5.) Pretty much the normal money you would make in grinding. Most likely a bit more because you kill faster. But once again it's not comparable to what a high lv veno with herc can do. ;o
  • Valeriewun - Sanctuary
    Valeriewun - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ** Herc is the money maker, nix is for PvP/air mob grinding
    ** flesh ream does alot of damage in PvP because it is currently bugged and not reduced like other damage skills
    + can nixies solo mobs?
    ** thats what it sounds like
    ** you cant add vit in light armor. you have to do 3 mag, 1 str, 1 agi each level.
    ** I think the general consensus is LA is more durable in PvP, but doesnt PvE grind quite as fast.
    ** not really
    ** not nearly as much as a Herc
    *disclaimer - all my answers are from reading all the other threads, not personal experience
    edited April 2009
    Options

+ can nixies solo mobs?

I said anyone good, not anything.

as for your questions:

-Herc will make more money -IF- you are going to put time forth to do TT runs. If you insist for normal grinding for coin, Nix would be faster.

-nixes can 1hit... Lowbies and people with terrible equipement. Most same level people, who know how to play, it will not.

-Nix are great for killing mobs, normal ones anyways. It has some troubles with bosses like all pets.

-I'd suggest Arcane vit, because I tried LA and hated it. 3mag 2vit per level, give or take.

-Herc is pretty terrible at pvp, semi useful in dungeon pvp(secret passage) but I'd still prefer my scorpion

-Nothing too noticable... it just increases grinding speed meaning you get more loot per hour.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wow... THe plethora of opinions I get in terms of LA v.s. MAG+VIT is astonishing, I asked some high level venos which is right for me, and they said that if you want to utilize fox form to the maximum extent, I should be LA.
    I started playing as LA build and am quite happy with it so far. It takes a mob 2x more hits to kill me than it did previously, but I am still not sure.

ANd yes, I do plan to TT a lot, so herc it is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
  • khalamo21
    khalamo21 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I got both pets and I would go with nix first.

Going to HH 1-2 (or TT) I get around 1m of drops. Full solo run takes 2.5-3h. That means u get around 300-400k/h.

With nix grinding i get 200-350k/h and around 10-12% exp. At higher lvls u get even more money grinding.

People tend to get herc cause it is said it earns money fast but its not true. So many venos got herc and solo HH/TT that prices of mats went icredibly down. If ur <74 I would get nix without hesitating. If ur >74 u can solo HH 2-1 and teoretically get some money. Remember one thing: HH = no exp (and if u die there it will take even more time to complete).
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Omg.... Another opininon.

Okay, now I am even more confused as to where and what to do....
    Since when do you not get EXP from kiling anything? Is waht you are saying is that I can't earn more money from Herc than TT? What about FBs? I can solo them and get molds and stuff. Sure you ge the majority of the cash from TT, but look at HT, I havent noticed the TT mats drop too much, and I doubt they will drop too some rediculous value, and that will still provide me cash flow wouldnt it?

The mobs that arent in FB TT or other places are are limited in terms of waht they drop, and sure, I can kill fast, but It will not yield me enough cash.

Am I wrong in any of the above?
    And about the HH soloing on Harshlands, well most venos are the opposite, they have nixies, and therefore are not good at soloing TT, so I will be the exception.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
  • Ashuransteel - Sanctuary
    Ashuransteel - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    why do threads like these get made so often :|
    you cant say one or the other can triumph seeing as there are WAY too many variable factors to predict the unknown in metagame. gears, player skill, level, stat/skill build, among others. Please just take time and practice your PVP skills and dont make meaningless threads :|

also getting the herc first would generate $ far faster than a **** phoenix
    edited April 2009
    Options
    khalamo21 wrote: »
    With nix grinding i get 200-350k/h and around 10-12% exp. At higher lvls u get even more money grinding.

Ok basically these are the Pros of herc :
    -Make your own gear (not all but some)
    -GAURANTEED money and alot of it - (millions for one run if you get a good buyer)
    -if you get lucky with TT gold mat drop thats even more money (or you can use it)

Nix:
    -little bit faster grinding
    -good pvp

Pure mag already will be killing in like three shots. If you use a sawfly like me then thats enough damage for grinding purposes and you can make close to that money when you grind. I do. The exp is pointless because people level fast without a nix. It just depends on playtime. Leveling is fast up to about 85 if you can play atleast 6 hours a day. So if you don't have that time to play WITH a nix then you still won't level fast. :p
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thank you again Lit!

I am now (finally decided) that I am getting herc first.

And the last question.

For PVP - Light armor (1STR 1DEX 3MAG) or Robe (5MAG and sometimes 1 STR), for staying alive in PVP/TW?

Thank you so much XD

PS: What are 'gold mats'?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
  • khalamo21
    khalamo21 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You cant make much of your gear, also mats are worth more than gear itself. There is no guaranteed money and from my own experience on HH runs its basically almost the same money as grinding. There are few gold mats u can drop and u can get lucky or unlucky, in the end its all about statistics.

Nix is faster grinding and more money from it. U say u can 3hko, that is super. Although with nix I can 3hko lvl 80 wood mobs being lvl 74. I can 2hko monsters my lvl and 3hko 82 lvl mobs (not wood). Nix has super defensive abilities compared to sawfly which is super squishy.

Lastly most ppl admit it that HH/TT is just waste of time. Go grind, make lvls and from money u grind u can easily get all equips u need.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    khalamo21 wrote: »
    You cant make much of your gear, also mats are worth more than gear itself. There is no guaranteed money and from my own experience on HH runs its basically almost the same money as grinding. There are few gold mats u can drop and u can get lucky or unlucky, in the end its all about statistics.

Nix is faster grinding and more money from it. U say u can 3hko, that is super. Although with nix I can 3hko lvl 80 wood mobs being lvl 74. I can 2hko monsters my lvl and 3hko 82 lvl mobs (not wood). Nix has super defensive abilities compared to sawfly which is super squishy.

Lastly most ppl admit it that HH/TT is just waste of time. Go grind, make lvls and from money u grind u can easily get all equips u need.
    i kinda agree with him
    and another fact would be that if u're that rich to afford a phoenix with IRL money, i'd say u could spend a few $ and get some decent equipment and at lvl 90 the guild should help u get the stuff u need
    in my opinion the game ends for me at lvl 92, i can get any skill book i want , the HH 90 stuff and the nix, i would be pure PVP from that moment on ( ofc u can lvl up to 100 and get better items, but i don't really think it worths, the majority of players are below 100, so the battle is fair enough)
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]