Solo tt

hellraisorjethrove
hellraisorjethrove Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm almost lvl60 veno. I'll have a lvl60 volcanic magmite. Will I be able to solo tt? What do I need to get in? (ultimate substance?) Will the drops be worth it?
Post edited by hellraisorjethrove on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm almost lvl60 veno. I'll have a lvl60 volcanic magmite. Will I be able to solo tt? What do I need to get in? (ultimate substance?) Will the drops be worth it?

You can't solo it yet. You will though, but not yet.
  • Shoesicle - Heavens Tear
    Shoesicle - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I started soling it at Lvl 67, with a 67 magmite, and, it can be worth it depending on the drops TT 1-1 bosses tend to drop mirage celestone, and crusade orders. so for an average run, if i get
    crusade order = 30k
    mirage celestonex3 = 75k
    broken drum = 90k
    chinteins edge = 70k

thats about an average run for me. so yes it can be worth it.. other times, they drop pieces of skeleton... worthless
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    First, it's the best way to get your first green weapon :
    you'll need 5 chinteins edge (if you're a veno, this sound like they are the only that will interest you) or 5 Broken Drums for one (also 1 ultimate substance, and some pieces of skeleton that are very easy to obtain).
    It's quite easy as a veno with a good tank : I did it first time solo at lvl 63, got killed 2 times because of unluck (pet got killed with 2 critical hits without any chance), and twice because I forgot the rules of luring. I had to do it 7 times to get all the mats I needed for the green magic sword (whose name I forgot).

Unless you need plenty of Mirage Celestons, the only reason why you should do it solo is the TT weapon you can make. As soon as you have it, stop doing it : it is not worth the price (great loose of XP when killed, and Ultimate Substances* are expensives).

The rules to finish it are : a good tank (yours sounds ok), enough magic and maxed pet healing so that you heal your pet faster than he gets damages. Some potions (Mana mainly, though a few healing potions will be usefull sometimes).
    Lure** any monster one at a time (if more than one, you'll get killed 70% of the times), be very careful of not agro more than one, and take your time.
    Be careful of exploding hands (quite easy to figure out how to deal with them).
    About bosses.... send your pet to attack, and do only healing on it. If your are not too unlucky, it will be long but easy. If you are unlucky.... get ready to do a bramble Guard, summon another (tank) pet while using any HP potions you have, switch Mana and HP if you need, and hope this one will not die too.

* : made from 5 of each mid-grade mats.
    ** : means send your pet to attack one monster, stay far, and as soon as the pet has done its first attack, stow it, and summon it back quick. Only the attacked monster will come to you.
  • Ravira - Sanctuary
    Ravira - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You can solo it with magmite at 63, after you buy the latest pet heal upgrade. At bosses you will be healing non-stop without the time to DD in between heals, so it will take a while for them to die that way.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    With the current price of mats + the price of subs it is probably cheaper to just buy the tt60 mats outright. Drop rates in solo can be horrible at times. 2-1 is when the profit potential really starts as Frenzied Lion Skins and Forshuras Armor still sell reasonably well, plus there are 3 bosses so if they all drop only mirage and orders you can still make a little money. I still suggest doing 1-1 and 1-2 just to do them, but don't expect much if anything in the way of profit.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You will still make money out of soloing 1-1, or alternatively you will be able to make your own weapon the cheapest by soloing 1-1 and selling the broken drums and mirages.

The real question is whether grinding and buying the blades would be more profitable in the same amount of time. Then you have to consider that you're not getting much xp doing tt runs.

Being able to run a catshop 24/7 improves the tt running method, since you can get your US's cheaper and sell your mirages/drums for more. If catshop isnt an option then I would probably just grind on normal mobs, and buy your edges, or just the finished sword.
  • khalamo21
    khalamo21 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    At lvl 74 with herc which one is better: squad mode 1-2 or 2-1?

2-1 can give u gold mat if u kill feng (may require cleric help - but aoe is weak), u skip only 1 boss which is wurlord.

1-2 u need to skip 2 bosses. Leaving u with only cheinten (worthless drops) dimentora and snake. Dimentora is hard to lure (i heard its often skipped - i have no idea how to lure him and not to die from his aoe :/).
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    khalamo21 wrote: »
    At lvl 74 with herc which one is better: squad mode 1-2 or 2-1?

2-1 can give u gold mat if u kill feng (may require cleric help - but aoe is weak), u skip only 1 boss which is wurlord.

1-2 u need to skip 2 bosses. Leaving u with only cheinten (worthless drops) dimentora and snake. Dimentora is hard to lure (i heard its often skipped - i have no idea how to lure him and not to die from his aoe :/).

On Sanc Ape's teeth have dropped pretty drastically over the last week or so, making a full(for veno) 1-2 clear probably more profitable than a 2-1, barring a gold drop of course. The advantage that 2-1 still has is fatal + ape is a pretty quick run for decent profit.

Dimentora isn't all that bad to lure solo. Remember you can tell your pet to stop at any point, so use that while pulling dimentora in place.
  • khalamo21
    khalamo21 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yea i still need some practice. Took me 5 tries to lure him. I sent pet then used barmble hood and recall it back. Problem is that sometimes he hits me for around 4x% and then when my hiero wont work he finish me with next hit.
  • Drak_mage - Sanctuary
    Drak_mage - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    as a wizzard what lvl is good to solo the tt
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    as a wizzard what lvl is good to solo the tt

Honestly, never. Even if you're able to actually beat it you will spend so much in charms, pots, and likely other consumables that it will not only negate any potential profit but probably cost you money as well. Wizards shouldn't have a difficult time finding a squad, and it will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Honestly, never. Even if you're able to actually beat it you will spend so much in charms, pots, and likely other consumables that it will not only negate any potential profit but probably cost you money as well. Wizards shouldn't have a difficult time finding a squad, and it will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

How about a cleric? Same thing or no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Eh, compared to clerics, barbs and venos (in about that order) wizards have a hard time finding TT squads. They don't really add that much given a veno can outdamage them, and there are venos everywhere.

How about a cleric? Same thing or no?
    Again, it's never worth it to solo. You'd spend so much in charms, pots, etc. and it'd take long enough enough that you'd lose money compared to running around in circles in Arch, let alone grinding or something.
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    OK, thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You can solo solo mode @ level 62, I did. Squad mode with magmite mabe 73(or higher), but you would need a charm.

*EDIT* Tip for soloing - You attack the boss first and let your pet auto attack it. What I've noticed is the position your pet has makes him take less damage. After about 12seconds the boss will do his big attack, you should see the graphic of it, so make sure you time your heal for just after it because it does big damage. This is for HH 1-1, as i've not done any others just yet.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty