Is it ok to pick up dropped items

ruby1975
ruby1975 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am very new to game just started yesterday. Seen a lot of items just laying around on the ground. No one seems to want them is it ok to pick them up or is this something you shouldnt do?
Post edited by ruby1975 on

Comments

• Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Some people run out of space in thier inventory and stop picking up stuff unless its like 2 star or better.

If its on the ground its ok to pick up, I would advise you to, as selling them to npc fetchs nice coin, decomposing them gets even nicer coin. lol

So go pick up crazy!
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you've just started you're talking about "peanuts", negligible stuff. People leave it lying cause it's basically useless. Except, it isn't actually cause you can keep and then sell it and it'll set you up nicely as a beginner and at least you'll be able to afford a Pickaxe (which you'll need for the Manufacturing quests at level 5) without having to waste time with unneccessary killing. 20 Limestone (useless except for the money. 120 coin) is easily collected, especially if you pick the ones that others leave behind as well.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't see anything wrong with it if no one else is around.

Though later on when you see zen parties (squad massive killing things -- you'll see it someday when you get high enough ^^), it's not really a good idea to pick up their drops.
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Whenever you get a kill, whoever kills it has like 10 seconds to pick it up. After that anyone can get it. If they really wanted it they would have picked it up. After a few minutes the stuff disappears, so if no one claims it, grab it or it'll just go to waste.
  • Koyote - Harshlands
    Koyote - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Believe me if there's something with real worth on the ground ppl will pick it up.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Koyote - Wizardhunter of Harshlandsb:pleased. (I hate wizardsb:angry)
  • Byakuya_kuch - Lost City
    Byakuya_kuch - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    pick it up and sell it. watever it is. thats how i bought my mount :D yea i cant wait till lvl 30 XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It never hurts to pick items off the ground ... I do it quite often for potions that are left behind. It's a big money-saver (and I'm a cheapscape also, heh).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol yeah batista is right just take it... they dont take it even if they say you loot them is still okay cause those guys are at fault for not picking them up in the first place and it becomes free for all so pick everything up. it helps more or less. limestone is good cause like at lvl 4x, thats the amount you get from coins(120coins) they make you lots of money. you know, many a little makes a lot
  • Badass_panda - Heavens Tear
    Badass_panda - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    picking up other ppls stuff is badass
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Trust me, pick it up (unless you're level 50 in a level 10 area). It really adds up.
    For example, a player does not pick up coins, after 1 hour of grinding, they miss like 25k from coins alone.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *flying over tusk to rez aguildie, and sees drops*

*picks up drops, player shouts "hey those are mine"*

*i reply "they would of been if u picked em up 30 seconds ago"*b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swindynn - Heavens Tear
    Swindynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's okay if you're out questing and stuff is just lying around with no one in sight.

But, before I got my inventory stone I would often have to temporarily drop stuff to complete quests and sort my inventory. Sometimes even though you have some of the item in your bag (like celestones), if you try to complete a quest with a full inventory then you can't complete it. So I have to drop something then pick it up a couple seconds later.

This really sucks when you're in the city and this happens... I've had people snatch up stuff a few seconds after I drop it. It's okay, I dont mind too much, but sometimes I was planning on picking it back up... Might be less rude to just ask if someone still wants something they drop if you're not sure. :P

I love finding money and pots though! b:dirty
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It also sucks when a monster spawns by the fighter, or a walker aggros, and someone else picks up their items before they're done fighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    of course it's ok...I pick up tons of stuff that I find lying around, especially coinsb:thanks
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you want to be polite:

If there is no one anywhere onscreen, pick it up.

If someone is next to it, or nearby, leave it be for a moment. Especially if they're fighting a mob. If they wander further away, pick it up. (If you want to be *really* polite you can ask them if they wanted it.

If you don't care about displaying manners:

Pick everything up and run for it. :)

If you have the space, I advise picking up whatever you come across. I leave drops in areas 10-20 lvls lower than me alone for the most part, because I 1.) don't have space for it and 2.) it's worth only about 10 gold and doesn't stack. Refer to #1. XD

But pick up things as you go along, sell it to the NPC, and you'll make a pretty penny. It really adds up over time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If they are still in the area killing things around them, you might give some consideration to it and wait. Esp if they are working several mobs at one time. Otherwise, most of us leave the stuff we don't want to clutter up inventory on the ground. If you make it a rule of thumb to avoid AOE and Zhen areas your probably good to go.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If someone is next to it, or nearby, leave it be for a moment. Especially if they're fighting a mob. If they wander further away, pick it up.

That's exactly what I do. If he makes no attempt to pick it up, that tells me he don't want it and I will grab it as soon as I'm able to (if I wanted to, that is). Doesn't matter if you're solo or in a party. You leave the drop(s) behind, it is no longer "yours".

Never had anyone complain about me picking up drops they walked away from before but if it ever happens, I'll just say "then you shouldn't have waited so long to pick it up".
  • Amaze - Lost City
    Amaze - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    of corse its fine. EVERY ONE does it. nothings wrong with it.
    oh my god was i that dumb
    seraphium@tumblr
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Mmmm it's fine! The things people elave behind are eitehr unneeded, unwanted, or they leave it for the lower levels.

If it's items you don't need, sell it. If it's coins, obviously, keep it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active