Gear for wizz: What lvl what to wear?

Ursa - Dreamweaver
Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
Hi Guys,

I Have another question about the gear a wizz should wear at a given lvl.
I did not find any guides (well, probably haven't searched enough) on what gear a wizz should have. I mean up to 60 is pretty much what u can grab, but from here things are getting a little bit more serious and the money invested in good gear can be a fortune.
At lvl 60-61 there are some pretty neat stuff that one can get from quests( i think about 3 pc: Robe, Leggings and hat?), my dilema here is: should I drop some shards on them? is it worth it? Or those things will be quickly outdated by something u can get 3-4 lvls later.
Is it worth investing in mold gear for lvl 60+? I've seen some TT gear after 70 that kicks a$$, so digging up 5-6 mils to get 2-3 pc of gear for a few lvls is it worth it?

drop ur 2c .. thanks b:bye

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Ursa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    At 61 I'd get the belt rather than the pants actually... the physical defense helps, and 63 pants can be as good as (or better than) the mantavip quest reward.

Just get normal armor with good add-ons. Even the TT70 gear isn't worth it, the stats those give are really crappy compared to normal sets. The molds at those levels aren't really good either, other than the 70 pants, 77 gauntlets. Just try and get 3 star gear with +HP/pdef/magic/whatever you like.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Friction - Lost City
    Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hello b:victory

About shards...well this is what I plan on doing regarding shards.
    Since 60-70 isnt all that long, I wouldnt bother using lvl5 or greater shards. I stuck lvl 4 shards in my 60+ gear, simply because they cost a fraction of what lvl 5 cost, and the difference in stats between lvl4 and lvl 5 is not worth the huge price difference.
    Now, for my 70+ gear, i plan on using all lvl 5 shards, as I have some more money now, and 70-80 takes a little while longer.
    And for 80+, I am saving all my lvl 6 shards i acquired from the recent event that gave shards as prizes.
    I wouldnt bother with molder gear, unless you get one that you can use on an FB, or you have tons of money to spend. 80+ molder gear can be useful because of the amount of time it takes to reach 90, but once again it will cost a lot.

Also, check the auction house often, as you can usually find some good gear with lvl 5 shards in it for a good price, considering the cost of 2 or more lvl 5 shards.
    For example, lets say you find a good 3* chest piece with 2 lvl 5 hp shards in it for 150-200k. If you had to buy the shards alone, it would cost 100-120k, so 150-200k for the whole chest piece isnt a bad deal.

Hope this helps b:bye

P.S. Trying to find good arcane gear after 70 is near impossible, and the good stuff is expensive as all hell. So start savin lol

***Oh, and I definitely agree with Kristoph regarding the 70TT gear. Its nice for clerics, but very crappy for mages, because none of it gives physical defense or hp blues, and thats what we are most interested in as mages. Do what he^^ said, find 2 or 3* armor with good physical defense and hp blues, and you will be much better off.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    At 61 I'd get the belt rather than the pants actually... the physical defense helps, and 63 pants can be as good as (or better than) the mantavip quest reward.

You do know she is on a PVE server? There was not ONE single moment when I needed physical defense in my entire 60's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    You do know she is on a PVE server? There was not ONE single moment when I needed physical defense in my entire 60's.
    Doesn't take away the fact that those pants aren't great. And I have no idea how much she does PVP-wise. Either way, the belt is worth using up to 80ish, the pants get replaced at 63 or 70.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well, I have like a +170pdef belt right now, so I'm not eager to change it unless that 60 one is really kicka$$.
    And the leggings are 3* one, and if i'm looking at the stats, almost not worth swapping them with the 61 reward unless I put some decent shards on them. And shards on gear u cannot trade/sell isn't a good idea....right?

PVP for me is only TW for now.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you're talking about rank gear, don't get the rank belt. It's elemental defense for Wizards. They were saying to take the belt for the Mantavip quest, but it sounds like you already took the 3* pants there. The rank pants are about the same as the Mantavip ones, only advantage is that you can re-buy rank gear every day, so if you rolled low on your blue stats for manta-pants, you can get rank gear that's slightly better.

In fact, pass on everything but the rank 4 top. If you have 5k rep at 60, congratulations, you win the prize.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you're talking about rank gear, don't get the rank belt. It's elemental defense for Wizards.

What's wrong with elemental defense? Again, all mobs past 60 are magic and she is on a PVE server...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What's wrong with elemental defense? Again, all mobs past 60 are magic and she is on a PVE server...
    If only. Magic mobs are cake anyway, it's the ranged physical ones that will tear her apart.
  • Optimeau - Heavens Tear
    Optimeau - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If only. Magic mobs are cake anyway, it's the ranged physical ones that will tear her apart.

... Assuming we are talking about arcane armor.

At 67 I only saw one physical ranged mob (required for quest) so far. Rattus Cadaverist.
    To be very honest... why bother spending money on gear on PVE-server in your 60s? In your 60s most mobs can be killed, without being hit. I always try to wear armor with +x magic points. Most of these are quest rewards.

Obviously, if you go in TW, or feel like soloing ranged physical mobs, you could work on your physical defense. put (some) phys def stones in.
    Though, in TW, I hope, that you have skilled faction members, that keep the archers away from you, the glass cannon.

cheers,
    Optimeau
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    ... Assuming we are talking about arcane armor.

At 67 I only saw one physical ranged mob (required for quest) so far. Rattus Cadaverist.
    To be very honest... why bother spending money on gear on PVE-server in your 60s? In your 60s most mobs can be killed, without being hit. I always try to wear armor with +x magic points. Most of these are quest rewards.

Obviously, if you go in TW, or feel like soloing ranged physical mobs, you could work on your physical defense. put (some) phys def stones in.
    Though, in TW, I hope, that you have skilled faction members, that keep the archers away from you, the glass cannon.

cheers,
    Optimeau
    TW doesn't work like that, and you sure as hell won't have anyone saving you if you get killed in 1-3 hits by any Archer/Axe BM.

Mantavip belt

There's not much point in using an elemental belt as a wizard if you're arcane, unless it has channeling, especially at those levels. Honestly, what's 150 more mdef going to do for you? Some good pdef ornaments will add a lot more % damage reduction, because it's relatively low. I'd be surprised if you had over 1k pdef unbuffed.
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I bought the 3* Cosmos Arcane set in the AH when they came up, I payed between 100k & 200k for each piece which came sharded with P def shards. (P Def is just my preferance they should come up with HP and some M Def Shards) I hope to be able to sell bk in the AH when I hit 70.

I also took the 3* Pdef belt from the quest over the Arcane leggings. The differance between my 3* Pants of the Cosmos and the quest reward was negligable, but as I said b4 P def is my preferance by choosing the Pants you can save yourself a couple hundread K coin.