Rank Gear we will never have because of GREED

Literature - Harshlands
Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
I recently found out about how kickass rank gear is from some MY server youtube vids. But then I came here and found some old threads with people talking about how the devs removed darkness stamps from the high lvl FB's in exchange for rep candies in the cash shop.

Why is it when an American company gets hold of a game this always happens? Content we should have gets removed because you want to make a LITTLE bit more money. I could list 10+ American games that have overseas counterparts that suffer from this same sickness.

You guys don't want us to ever have those weapons because once we do, we will not be using the cash shops as much. It wouldn't be needed. A full party of rank 8 people could tear through anything.

You want us to spend crazy money on candies OR spend crazy amounts on getting weapons to like +10 instead of being able to farm rep.

Quite pathetic.
Post edited by Literature - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ashuransteel - Sanctuary
    Ashuransteel - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Cold words.

You do realize this game is still a baby, and is owned by the Chinese parent company, correct? What the Chinamen say, goes. Not much we can do about it here hunny. Just gotta put up or shut up.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Why is it when an American company gets hold of a game this always happens?
    Because of George Bush
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You know, Lit, people throw that old trite claim "they're just being greedy" around just a bit too much.

Ever stop to wonder what kind of effect that gear will have on the game if introduced too soon? You didn't, did you. You simply decided that since it wasn't in the game right now that PWE was simply greedy. Maybe those other versions have them because they are older, or maybe they were always in the game. Maybe PWE decided that releasing them too soon here would be a mistake, and when they decide the servers are ready for them they will release them just like they will and do release different mounts and make different items available or not-available in the CS. I simply do not know, and neither do you.

Something I really believe that everyone who wants to claim PWE is just being greedy needs to think about and understand is that they have employees to pay (GMs, Admins, Devs etc etc etc), server costs to pay, electric bills etc etc etc. They do this through sales of Zhen and probably other revenue generating means. Ultimately, they have a bottom line they need to meet, or they go under, and when they go under, PWI will go with them. That isn't a fairy tale, it's the cold, hard truth of the matter. You want to chalk it up to greed, fine, but at least admit that there is a lot more to it then just "they are greedy".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dudusk - Lost City
    Dudusk - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    and even so, in order for someone to reach rank 8 on this game they would need like 200k rep which is equivalent to 10k candies if am not mistaken. The person nearest to rank 8 on LC is Image who has i think 30k rep or less and all he did were fbs. PS he also moved to harshlands.
  • Cinnamonn - Sanctuary
    Cinnamonn - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just so you know, the MY (Malaysia) servers aren't run by PWE, they are run by another company that has a license from PWE.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the last few fb's i've been on still drop stamps

also wraith raids?
    true they haven't been happening as much
    but still atleast 15 times a day

it's nto that hard to get rep if you actually try i mean

one man armies justice quests doing lower level fb's
    wraith raids and ofcourse your regular quests

i mean if your so concerned about your rep then actually work on raising your rep instead of only thinking about raising your level

and also
    american's don't decide to edit content in games when they move
    it's the parent company that decides that
    because those changes they make are more suited for american gamers

just because you think it's **** doesn't mean everyone else does
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Stamps still drop in fb59 and below, but those stamps drop less often and are worth less rep than the ones you'd see in, say, FB89 (which people farm anyway, for apocalypse pages and skill books).
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You can do the last part of daily friendship quest for rep. Most people skip it. If you do it faithfully everyday, it adds up.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Cold words.

You do realize this game is still a baby, and is owned by the Chinese parent company, correct? What the Chinamen say, goes.

Whoa whoa whoa... terminology check. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    A new rep system will be released in time. Fb69-99 will have a different way to obtain rep instead of farming signets. From what I know this new system will suck and 8jun will still be way too hard to get before the server dies. What I know:

-You must have a minimum of 4 people in the party and near the npc at the start of the fb
    -The party leader must pay 600k and choose whether the leader gets all the rewards or they are divided between the party.
    -You must kill a required amount of mobs/bosses (ie. no wine.. qq) and will be graded on how fast you kill the mobs.
    -No one in the party can die.

Rewards:

In FB69 and 79 you can get gold, silver and bronze medals corresponding to your assigned grade. 4th-7th place gives decreasing amounts of exp.

In FB89 and 99 you also get gold, silver and bronze medals and 4th-7th gives decreasing exp. Also you get rep as a reward. In the mode where the signets are evenly distributed fb89 yields 3 signets for 1st place.. 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, 2 for 4th and 1 for 5th. For just the leader fb89 gives: 15, 13, 10, 8 and 5 signets for each respective place. For fb99 even distributed: 13, 10, 8, 7, 5
    Only the leader: 60, 48, 36, 30, 24 signets.

You can also do these time attack runs in lunar glade which give gold, silver and bronze medals too.

Medals can be traded in for a chance to get any of the molders that drop in the fb.

Example FB79 medal: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/22146
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/16849

You can also trade them in for pharmacy pots and special capes with some nice stats.

One medal from lunar glade: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/22652

Looking at fb99 1st place you get 60 signets at 12 rep each. That's an amazing 720 rep. Too bad you have to run unwined fb99 which would take hours. That's also for first place. Looking at some videos, people practically zhenned the whole fb at once. I have no idea how hard first place is but I'm sure it's going to be charm ****. I'd almost rather buy candies.
    edited April 2009
    Lol, charm **** = greed.

So does that mean clerics will now attack instead of heal, or just stay away?b:chuckle
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol, charm **** = greed.

So does that mean clerics will now attack instead of heal, or just stay away?b:chuckle

A video I saw the wb just lured the entire fb to the ep who then opened blueball and like 4 warriors just spammed aoes and constant dragons o.O
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @lit

I dont think PWI is being greedy ..

if they wanted to sell candies they woudlnt have them in the bride pack wich is kinda expensive..

Just check PW-MS if you can .. you can buy the candies from CS... they arent in the bride pack ...
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There are other ways to farm rep.
    - Orders IV, III, II and I.
    - Oracles.
    - Order of justive.
    - One man army.
    - Secret Letter.

I have never done more than 10 FBs and I have the rank IV badge. I got most of my Rep from the above stated means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Ashuransteel - Sanctuary
    Ashuransteel - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Not to mention, what does it matter if stamps dont drop in upper FBs? Higher rank FB mobs still drop dogtags at a decent rate, I got 3 in FB 89 last friday.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    u got lucky then, i was in a party in fb89, there was....1 dogtag drop and we cleared most of the fb.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Looking at fb99 1st place you get 60 signets at 12 rep each. That's an amazing 720 rep. Too bad you have to run unwined fb99 which would take hours. That's also for first place. Looking at some videos, people practically zhenned the whole fb at once. I have no idea how hard first place is but I'm sure it's going to be charm ****. I'd almost rather buy candies.

I've seen that too, pretty amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You can do the last part of daily friendship quest for rep.

Daily friendship quest? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    you know.. the friendship thingie with the friendship crystal .. at the elder at archo .. nobody does ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Something I really believe that everyone who wants to claim PWE is just being greedy needs to think about and understand is that they have employees to pay (GMs, Admins, Mods, Devs etc etc etc), server costs to pay, electric bills etc etc etc.
    Have to correct this at least. We Moderators do not get paid. We are volunteers who help out on the forum. Most of us also play PWI or at least used to some now play ESO as far as I know. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    A video I saw the wb just lured the entire fb to the ep who then opened blueball and like 4 warriors just spammed aoes and constant dragons o.O
    Honestly, XD.... that sounds like sooo much fun lol. Fast action is nice b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, I wonder who is stupid *cough* brave enough to actually try to get Rank 8 Rep lulz...

I mean... it's about as stupid *cough* brave as trying to get those Warsong Equipments..

I mean.. you can get a Molder Equip with 4 socket and +8 or something or you get a those equips with pretty much base stats... Yea, the purple and orange colors rock huh?
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Have to correct this at least. We Moderators do not get paid. We are volunteers who help out on the forum. Most of us also play PWI or at least used to some now play ESO as far as I know. b:chuckle

Oh, my bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Because of liberal labor laws in the US. A software engineer in Malasia earns aprox. $10k USD while in the US the same job pays 6x as much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Because of liberal labor laws in the US. A software engineer in Malasia earns aprox. $10k USD while in the US the same job pays 6x as much.

So... we can charge 6x the amount the Malaysia servers charge for their server... yup... we sure can.

Anyone would be kind enough to donate the difference to the PWI company? I'm sure they will make rank 8 easy to get if someone is generous enough to donate a huge wad of cash to that company b:thanks
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2009

also wraith raids?
    true they haven't been happening as much
    but still atleast 15 times a day

it's nto that hard to get rep if you actually try i mean

one man armies justice quests doing lower level fb's
    wraith raids and ofcourse your regular quests

i mean if your so concerned about your rep then actually work on raising your rep instead of only thinking about raising your level

and also
    american's don't decide to edit content in games when they move
    it's the parent company that decides that
    because those changes they make are more suited for american gamers

just because you think it's **** doesn't mean everyone else does

how do i get rep from wraith raids?
    edited April 2009

Do you get benefits, like... free coins?b:pleased
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    they do drop ( when you are lucky) wraith badges ( 20 - 25 rep )

• Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how do i get rep from wraith raids?

soldier dog tag = 5 rep
    officer dog tag = 25 rep

drop rate isn't high, but i get a dog tag at about half the events i go to
    never even seen an officer tag drop, though
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Heh i hate waiting for all the cool stuff to come out but it will eventually. Their method is too slowly put in new stuff so they can milk all profit from it. Once the profit declines they release new stuff. and when the profit gets really bad they release limited edition mounts. They go slow because if they cath up to the items the other versions have then they will gradually lose money and be unable to make new items. that is why PWI doesnt really have much Unique stuff compared to other versions. once everything is released i am betting they will re release the limited edition mounts
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]