Idea for the dev team.

Ashuransteel - Sanctuary
Ashuransteel - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Tired of all these same factions playing Parker Brother's /Monopoly/ with the territory board?

Want a chance to have PVE TW?

Want a chance for you to fight factions your own level instead of trying to fight these monopolies?

Want fabulous prizes?

Heres my idea...

We divide the year up into quarters, and at the end of every quarter we reset the owners of TW. THATS CRAZY YOU MIGHT SAY, but like, heres the deal, every week you keep a territory in TW your faction would get point + the regular cash money. This point system should be able to be kept track of by a GM, or head coordinator for it, and easily accesable info on the website.
At the end of said quarter, the top x amount of factions recieve a prize, (in the MMO I play which this originiated they would give us a -god item- crafting ingredient, the equivalent of warsoul pieces in game. and huge amount of supplies for the next two weeks of the period was a prize too.) which the GMs could determine what the prizes could be for said factions.

In any case, I think this would refresh peoples interest in TW, and give the -little- people a chance to experience the fun of TW and have a chance to fight people their own level, and not have to look at the territory map and sigh as the same people get richer and richer on a weekly basis. If you wanna TW you either join them or just dont :\. I think it'd also be a good way to promote the creation of the best items in game over a period of months giving the top tier factions who had lost that major income source some godly weapons/armor in exchange on the top

prizes could include:
charms
reset scrolls
TT gold/orange materials
warsoul stuff
guardian angels
legendary equipment molds
large amounts of event food
large amount of mid high and elite mats etc.

so leave some commentary, it'd be appreciative to hear some GM input.
Post edited by Ashuransteel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Morbiuss - Heavens Tear
    Morbiuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    who cares about who owns territories I dont pvp so I could care less stop whining because you cant get a territory because your too weak
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm in a guild that does TW. We have not won a land yet but we keep trying anyway. All the losses will make a win that much better, we don't want it basically handed to us.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ashuransteel - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    wow talk about maturity. check your personal vendettas at the door, and post something constructive, butthurt whiners.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Whining huh? Since when does whining constitue a faction that keeps trying and trying to take land but failing, yet trying again anyway and not wanting it to be easy for us to take land whining?
    Main characters
    edited April 2009
    apparently you are fairly stupid and inexperienced. if the territory isnt owned by someone, its loaded with extremely powerful mobs >_>; the win is -not- just handed to you, not to mention all your posts you make have nothing to do with what i say. do you just not understand english?
    the point is youre taking enmity from another thread, and putting it in an outside source, as if you want revenge, youre obviously upset.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    can't you just stop fighting? Oo
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    apparently you are fairly stupid and inexperienced. if the territory isnt owned by someone, its loaded with extremely powerful mobs >_>; the win is -not- just handed to you, not to mention all your posts you make have nothing to do with what i say. do you just not understand english?
    the point is youre taking enmity from another thread, and putting it in an outside source, as if you want revenge, youre obviously upset.

The monsters are not that strong. Guilds have been known to win pve tws in 20 minutes or less. Pvp ones are much harder, much more fun and much more worth it when you win.
    Main characters
    edited April 2009
    maybe for your faction or another already well established one, yet again, 1 person cannot speak for the rest of the server. a group of inexperienced whelps sure as freak would have a lot more of a hard time taking one.

youve obviously never experienced city TW either.

lets just leave it at that, and be kind to flausch, because kitties are cute. and leave you fuming at your keyboard, because I have more productive things to do than deal with the one everyone knows as the village idiot.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The monsters are not that strong. Guilds have been known to win pve tws in 20 minutes or less. Pvp ones are much harder, much more fun and much more worth it when you win.

Amen b:victory
    Tho they could implement mobs that you can control in TW, like in my old PvP game. Makes it that harder and more fun b:dirty
    b:dirty
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    apparently you are fairly stupid

I agree, you are apparently fairly stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No. The factions that own land busted their asses off for it. And now you want to take it all away every 3 months? They weren't given the land, the worked for it. Like you said, either you join them or you don't. What's so wrong with that? There's always an option of a coordinated attack from the smaller factions. TW isn't just a battle of sheer power, it's a game of wits too. Take the situation on Sanctuary for instance; a certain zerg faction had the levels, they had the gear, they proven that they can put up a damn good fight. Eventually they were wiped off the map. And who's to blame they decided to enter a bid war over DW instead of securing easier to take land first? Who's to blame they attacked a big faction out of spite instead of securing other land? Who's to blame if their high levels don't bother to show up for TW? Should we reset the map because they can't be arsed to stop and plan ahead and get a coordinated attack going? I don't think so. What's stopping the smaller factions from teaming up and launching a simultaneous attack on single faction in order to draw their numbers thin? It's not hard to protect a land when you have 80 of your best members at the ready. Doing it for 3 lands at the same thing is another can of worms tho.
    b:dirty
    edited April 2009
    lol...

theyve tried that already on nef. did it work? no
    in a few more weeks TW will just be legendary and nef and you know it. you sound like you just dont wanna lose the perks of being in one of the most elitist, rude, group of people ive ever seen.

using steel isnt a good example, theyre just stupid lol
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No. The factions that own land busted their asses off for it. And now you want to take it all away every 3 months? They weren't given the land, the worked for it.

I dont agree with the OP method. However, I'm not against into periodic tournaments to gain territories or prizes.

Keep in mind, NFL, MLB, NBA, ect. All those are teams (guilds?) and they compete for the championship every year.b:victory

I know its not the same but something along the lines of a periodic guild tournament could be done.
  • Senyo - Heavens Tear
    Senyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm sorry to say this Ashuransteel, but your rudeness, and ignorance for other ppls opinions that don't match your own surprises me. I also hope this is not your main character, because if you're really only lvl20, you should put more time into lvling instead of dreaming about TW's and trying to convince ppl to let you TW without lvling.
    edited April 2009
    #1 zoes opinion doesnt count
    #2 youve used ignorance in an incorrect way, as do most people

my disagreeance to ninnuams post comes from the basis that his faction owns half the map, and his example came from a faction known as steel which his faction had wiped off the map because they viewed them as a threat.

this particular faction is a branch off from members who own the other half of the map >_>; they have TT90 armor sets and weapons, of course theyre going to put up a fight.
    does this mean everyone esle can? no it does not.

there was a particular weekend where every small faction you can think of launched numerous attacks against these large factions. They were swept off like dust on a doorstep, with nefarious (the big faction) being the broom.

in the next up coming weeks there will be no more TW wins for other people that arent in nef/legendary, which are very picky about who they let in (nef is currently 85+ etc)
    so why should they be allowed to continue to make 200+ mil a week while no one has a chance at it what so ever. i dunno, you tell me.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Take a look at the HT TW map right now. A guild owns most of the map and 19 of its lands are being attacked this weekend. You want to beat a large faction, do that.
    Main characters
    edited April 2009
    Take a look at the HT TW map right now. A guild owns most of the map and 19 of its lands are being attacked this weekend. You want to beat a large faction, do that.

i said twice now its already been tried and it didnt work >_>;
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    A guild owns most of the map and 19 of its lands are being attacked this weekend. You want to beat a large faction, do that.

This.

Also keep in mind the big factions that owns most or all of the map also have the majority of the servers pvp interested, high level players. The game is still very young, and there are still an awful lot of lowbies. I would wager that in another 6 months or a year or w/e when enough of the player base has achieved "high level" status TW will become much more competitive. It's not so bad to defend if you can field 80 9x players against a faction of 40 7x players for example. Give the smaller factions time to grow both in player number and level and things will get more interesting. Getting hit from 10 sides at once will hurt when all 10 sides are actually somewhat challenging.
  • Mai - Harshlands
    Mai - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I say the more land you own, the more chances of wraiths attacking your land. Wraiths strength depends on faction strength,etc.

This opens a chance for other factions to attack at the same time on other lands.

To be honest I think the development team is working on a concept to get this more interesting, but I believe that's gonna be implented in 2 years or so..
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Your plan seems cool, but it has major flaws. Please tell me, if we reset the TW map and give the top guild "godly" armor and weapons. Ugh...whats going to stop them from taking over again? Not only do they have money...but they have badass armor. So that would put smaller guilds worse off.
  • Senyo - Heavens Tear
    Senyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    #2 youve used ignorance in an incorrect way, as do most people

granted, it doesn't sound quite right. I think the word I was looking for at the time was "disregard"
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would have said that it wasn't a bad idea of you hadn't QQ'd and flamed Zoe.

Where is the gratification and challenge in taking down a PVE land, on the other hand, taking down another faction, full of opponents that think and don't follow a predefined instruction set, Very gratifying.

Don't flame people that offer constructive criticism when you have and idea.b:victory
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    I would have said that it wasn't a bad idea of you hadn't QQ'd and flamed Zoe.

Where is the gratification and challenge in taking down a PVE land, on the other hand, taking down another faction, full of opponents that think and don't follow a predefined instruction set, Very gratifying.

Don't flame people that offer constructive criticism when you have and idea.b:victory

zoe = being a troll because of an argument over rare pets in another thread <_<; yeah the plan has flaws thats why there are suggestions for alternative prizes. this system is used on another MMO i play and works fairly well, albeit a few inept staff members made last season's prize distribution a pain in the ****, it works fairly well x_X;
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I simply state facts here. I've gotten a few pms ingame in the last few minutes from players who read this topic. They agree with me.
    Main characters
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've gotten a few pms ingame in the last few minutes from players who read this topic. They agree with me.

Those people are not your friends Zoe. Don't believe them

b:bye
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is a long-standing problem in MMORPGs. Common sense says the winners should be rewarded. Unfortunately that creates a dynamically stable system where the winners find it easier to get better than the losers, thus solidifying their position and increasing their chances to win as time goes on.

Professional sports get around the problem with resets like the OP proposed. Every season, everyone starts off anew with zero wins and zero losses. Even the playoffs are a reset - a team can be undefeated in the regular season, but get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Things like salary caps also prevents a previously successful team from getting too much advantage from those successes.

The real key is deciding what your goal is (as a game designer). Do you want a system whose primary goal is to award achievement? Or do you want a system whose primary goal is to encourage competition?
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    With all due respect, and with utmost sincerity,

Posting your idea in this forum is almost like asking everyone what they think about it.

Why ask us for our input and immediately begin flaming us for giving opinions different than yours?
    b:sleep

Just try to accept the fact that your idea may be impractical, disadvantageous, and apparently unfavorable. Don't take this personally, because a bad idea doesn't necessarily reflect the person who gave it.

I myself don't think it is that bad of an idea, but just try not to attack everyone for having different beliefs.

Alternatively, it isn't necessarily in my place to be telling you what you should be doing. I'm just offering my two cents, take it or leave it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin
    edited April 2009
    The only 2 people who've recieved negative feed back from OP -
    #1 Zoe, veno with a vendetta
    #2 Ninnuam, whos faction owns half the map, whos example was a poor one.

there hasnt been any flagrant disreguard to anyone elses posts