Sage or Demon

MitsUrogy - Heavens Tear
MitsUrogy - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Barbarian
as anybody knows, at a certain lvl you can choose either to be a sage or a demon in this game, and each has its own abilities makes barb drool to get emb:dirty, ecatomb.com shows both demon n sage skills for a barb and both of them are pretty amazing. That, when i aks me self, which to choose, (sage/demon)? at 1st i was interested in being demon for the awesome **** kicking damage n Attacks add on's but then i saw almost all barbs going 2 sage instead =/
the question is...can a high lvl barb show me the way plz..am lost b/w heaven & Hell, i wanna deiced from now so i can manage me skills n spirits till i reach that part of the game. n ty for ur tym b:victory
Post edited by MitsUrogy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    sage and demon both have their positives.. most high level barbs are tank builds .. so they go sage to give them even more tank (although that guide stickied suggests offsetting your build.. thats not a good idea in my opinion.. why be decent at both.. be really damn good at one thing)

demon gets extra damage.. extra accuracy.. extra crit

sage gets extra health.. extra defense.. and still a good bit of damage increase

its all your own preference..

and another thing to take into consideration is the skills that are available at 89

only 3 skill books drop in fb89 (garrotte, true form, stomp)

the others that become available at 89 don't drop until fb99.. then there are sage/demon skills that don't become available until level 92 and 99

personally.. i'm a tank.. i'm going sage
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Devarsi is pretty much right, its always personal preference, but generally seen demon is aggressive, good for pvp. Sage is defensive, good for pve.

So if you have a tank build and want to continue that, sage is the way to go. Sage has indeed more hp, and better chi recovery too which is important for a tank.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Im going sage. The extra pdef and HP more than make up for any damage reduction in tigerform. Besides I'll have been grinding with a 50% reduction in tigerform for 30+ levels by 89....b:chuckle

But its upto what you wanna do. If you plan on PvPing much, demons a winner. Full damage with ridiculous crits (35%+ is possible I think).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In my experiences, the extra HP of Sage and defense doesn't really matter much in tanking when you have like 16-17k of HP
    The extra defense? nah, not really, you'll get about 1-3% reduce extra defense more than Demon.
    Well, that's just me, but I prefer Demon more. =D
    (If I can reset and choose Sage or Demon, I'll still go Sage.)
  • Manovener - Heavens Tear
    Manovener - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ive got a lvl 101 barbarian and im going demon. At lvl 100 u dont really need any more defence or hp, especially with upgraded armor. demon barbs pwn so hard in pvp. it brings u up to almost as much damage as a BM and with like double defence. plus the demon true form has no dmage restrictions, so ur defence and hp goes up in tiger form, but u still do the same damage as when ur in therianthropic form. i say go demon b:angry
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    DR do you even have sage shapeshift intensity? the bonus goes from 60% to 120% .. that seems like it would be more than 1-3% .. but with the numbers as large as they are i might be wrong

the extra HP of sage might not make a huge difference for boss tanking.. but catapult pulling it does :P

i don't see the point in having the damage reduction removed in tiger form because your best damage dealing spells are in human form anyway..

how on earth are you getting just as much damage as a BM with double the defense? BMs with their sage/demon alter marrow and aura of the golden bell should be way more than a barbs pdef
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    1. I"m not here to do some pointless arguing with someone who only rely on information in the net.
    2. Are you even 89 and tried both Demon and Sage yet?
    3. Demon's shapeshift gives 80%.
    And also for BM, in TW, why would they use Phys marrow? I'll just *lol* at that. =D
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Ah yes since i haven't gotten to 89 yet I'm completely discounted..

and yes I know demon shapeshift intensity gives 80%.. so 80-120% .. still a big increase in pdef

and it was a serious question.. i'm not someone who crunches numbers.. and to me it seems like that would make a bigger change in damage reduction

i never said in TW.. BM will have plenty of situations in which they do use phys.. IE aoe grinding or duels

stop being an elitest please you are just making yourself sound like an ****.. i said that i could be wrong.. no reason to attack me
  • MitsUrogy - Heavens Tear
    MitsUrogy - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    for everyone who took the time and effort to reply on my post now or after this..thank you very much! i really appreciate it b:victory

on the other hand, i think am more of a PVP type i go out in arche look for duals for what they so call it our weekness>>>>archers n i pwn them..even with ma current lvl i was able to win an archer lvl81 the other day, n the poor dood couldnt blv it happened,,,,but!!! as there is more damage in sage in tiger form..there is this(Sage version always increases weapon damage gain to 100%. for Axe & Hammer Mastery) also there is (Sage version always increases damage by 50% of weapon attack. for Strength of the Titans) which make me drool when eva i think of thoseb:dirty,,,but again there is(Demon version returns 100% physical damage taken to the attacker for 10 seconds. for Roar aka Talk is cheap) and (Demon version increases chance to stun to 60%. for Mighty Swing) which is my main skill in pvp and also there is (Demon version always increases damage to 50% of weapon attack for poison fang)good against BMs and (Demon version lets affected heros gain 50% more Chi.for Beast King's Inspiration) also Alacrity of the Beast decreases cooldown which is good for tanking now am really confused b:shocked put that aside and what DR said aside
    In my experiences, the extra HP of
    I IS LOST
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    stop being an elitest please you are just making yourself sound like an ****.. i said that i could be wrong.. no reason to attack me
    Who was it that started this?
    i never said in TW.. BM will have plenty of situations in which they do use phys.. IE aoe grinding or duels
    Carebear FTW <3
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    well you started it DR.. I responded to your post asking if you had sage shapeshift to see if you could say from experience that it was only 1-3% damage reduction from the 60% (yes 60% from your lvl 10 skill) pdef increase or if you were just pulling it out of your ****

and that was the only thing in my posts even directed at you.. and then you attack me saying i know nothing ... so yes.. you did start it.. my statement stands

and of course i'm a carebear i'm on a pve server .. if i wanted to roll pvp barb i'd be on lost city or harshlands .. not sitting in SP killing lowbies <3
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hmmmm...most ppl who go sage come from non-pk server.In lost city Sage Barb is rare.In my opinion.Seeing as,most of ur fun on a pk server comes from fighting other ppl..Unless ur REALLY involved with TW or something lol.

Personally Going Demon..
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    hmmmm...most ppl who go sage come from non-pk server.In lost city Sage Barb is rare.In my opinion.Seeing as,most of ur fun on a pk server comes from fighting other ppl..Unless ur REALLY involved with TW or something lol.

Personally Going Demon..
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if you ask me, the overall "goodness" of the demon skills are FAR from "good" compared to the overall "goodness" of the sage skills
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if you ask me, the overall "goodness" of the demon skills are FAR from "good" compared to the overall "goodness" of the sage skills

b:chuckle true, the demon barb would be an eeeeeevil critter! b:laugh
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    tanking is boring b:chuckle
  • Bookman - Heavens Tear
    Bookman - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    DR do you even have sage shapeshift intensity? the bonus goes from 60% to 120% .. that seems like it would be more than 1-3% .. but with the numbers as large as they are i might be wrong

hm yeah i have sage shapeshifting intensity and he's right. it gives monstrous pdef, but def suffers from diminishing returns so in those upper ranges the percent reduction you get is pretty low. still a badass skill to have though.

and demon has crit but i'll take sage skills with gx. if i end up getting titans strength and mastery books the spike is gonna be unreal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how much do the worthy books cost, an how possible are they to get. b:thanks (for demon)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, that's just me, but I prefer Demon more. =D

wtf y if u like demon more, would u still go sage b:puzzled
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • tarukun
    tarukun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:victory All can be decided easily young one, use eni meani miny mo.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well you started it DR.. I responded to your **** and that was the only thing even directed at me, i know nothing ... so yes..of course i'm a carebear i'm on a barb not sitting on lowbies <3

Beautiful statement if you remove a few words huh.
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yea, I do pvp regularly on the world map( looks @ pvp rankings>_>)

HOWEVER, for me TW takes priority over world map pvp so therefore imo Sage> Hell for cart pulling purposes.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    that makes no sense at all deadbone.. nice try?