New to PWI/LC

Znig - Lost City
Znig - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
I come from the world of Warhammer Online. I am interested in the PvP aspect of this game. Can anyone enlighten me on the "end game"? Hopefully with comparisons to WAR if anyone has played it. I would like to know how territory is captured and controlled. How large format combat works or doesn't work in this game.

I stopped playing WAR because it performs like **** on my computer and I don't want to upgrade right now. Also, the end game is a joke.

If anyone is interested I have a few end game WAR accounts I might trade for goods/services in this game. My primary server was Dark Crag.

Oh and I'm interested in any in-game help tutelage/power leveling anyone can offer. I have lots of dumb questions that need answering. :)
Post edited by Znig - Lost City on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Unless you plan on selling your old War accounts (which I'm not sure of their rules), you really aren't supposed to buy characters or gold from other sites or areas except the official PWI site.

I'm not exactly sure of the Warhammer aspects completely, but the wars are weekly. Guilds have to bid 500k (minimum) or more on land (and competition from other bidders) in order to compete for land. After the winner is decided, the guild has to fight. In the past, they were PvE battles with your goal to be kill 200 elite monsters within 3 hours. Now it's PvP, guild vs. guild battles (80 max on each side). At this point, if you can destroy the enemy's crystal (like their base), you take the land. The guild receives 10,000,000 coins every week from the territory.

As for end game, someone else will have to explain that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Znig - Lost City
    Znig - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wasn't planning to buy gold from any other place besides the PWI site or maybe Game Cards from Target.

Could you elaborate more on the bidding part? How the winner is decided and how the 80 vs 80 guild battle is scheduled? Where does it take place?

Nice to hear that you don't have to fight a bunch of PvE monsters to win a PvP game. That's how WAR is right now and it's infuriating.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There is a guide on the Main Website of Perfect World to show you how our "Territorial War" works..

It's actually pretty simple.

Offensive VS Defensive. Offensive always has a slight advantage though...
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Kaosknight - Heavens Tear
    Kaosknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What I would like to know is: "How is the 10 mill coins distributed?"
    Does it all go to the GL who then distributes or does it get distributed evenly throughout the guild automatically?
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    All to the guild leader to help the guild expand of course. There is no reason to share the gold unless your guild leader is a selfish.

Then just quit that guild and join a better one.
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• peanut
    peanut Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There is a guide on the Main Website of Perfect World to show you how our "Territorial War" works..

Offensive has a huge disadvantage tbh
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    peanut wrote: »
    Offensive has a huge disadvantage tbh

Doesn't offensive have to lug a catapult and be sucidal maniacs who try to plow through millions of defenders?

Defensive.. just have to kill you guys.

• Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Doesn't offensive have to lug a catapult and be sucidal maniacs who try to plow through millions of defenders?

Defensive.. just have to kill you guys.

Decide which you want to say. Either way you're full of ****.

Defensive has the advantage in TW for a couple reasons. They have more towers, and if they can hold out for the whole time they win automatically.

However, an attacking guild will only have one tw at that time, so they can always send their best 80 to one tw.
    A defending guild can have up to 3 at a time, and would have to split their forces in that case, which makes it a lot harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Decide which you want to say. Either way you're full of ****.

Defensive has the advantage in TW for a couple reasons. They have more towers, and if they can hold out for the whole time they win automatically.

However, an attacking guild will only have one tw at that time, so they can always send their best 80 to one tw.
    A defending guild can have up to 3 at a time, and would have to split their forces in that case, which makes it a lot harder.

****... I typed in reverse. <.<... so... top no, bot yes.

• B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wasn't planning to buy gold from any other place besides the PWI site or maybe Game Cards from Target.

Could you elaborate more on the bidding part? How the winner is decided and how the 80 vs 80 guild battle is scheduled? Where does it take place?

Nice to hear that you don't have to fight a bunch of PvE monsters to win a PvP game. That's how WAR is right now and it's infuriating.

well in the start you do have to fight a bunch of pve monsters teir 1 2 and 3 3 being the hardest with harder mobs/boss, but now the land is taken it's only now that the pvp wars are at hand, its to server time im not exactly sure becuz im not from thre but this week you will see the battle has begun between so an so for (land name), theres a certain time during the week were the leader of the guild bids, i forgot were >>, the winner is decided by who has held out defence for 3 hours or who kills each others crystal first, crystals being at their bases, there are main classes that are very important in tws, barberians = lot of hp an defence so they pull catapults to the enemies base wich destroy the crystal faster, venos debuff an kill ppl, mages nuke, cleric heal ofc an attack, archers attk bms keep everyone stun locked so that the squishies dont get killed to fast

edit ( when it says " the battle have begun between (guild name) an (guild name) an land name, u get in by talking to the teliporter by saying enter instance, if you have anymore questions, message me ill see if i can help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009

That was what I thought until this week. Radiance in HT has 3 defending and 1 attacking at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That was what I thought until this week. Radiance in HT has 3 defending and 1 attacking at the same time.
    That's nothing tbh, in lost city, 2 guilds have been privileged with 14 and 11 TWs in a week.

One of them died. (the latter)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Kaimelar - Heavens Tear
    Kaimelar - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ch2h5oh wrote: »
    That's nothing tbh, in lost city, 2 guilds have been privileged with 14 and 11 TWs in a week.

One of them died. (the latter)

Radiance has 19 defending 1 attacking tw this weekend.
    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6411/twthisweek.png
  • Mt - Lost City
    Mt - Lost City Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Radiance has 19 defending 1 attacking tw this weekend.
    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6411/twthisweek.png

LOL Wow b:shocked
    Could you tell me how many they lost?
    . . . . . .
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I come from the world of Warhammer Online. I am interested in the PvP aspect of this game. Can anyone enlighten me on the "end game"? Hopefully with comparisons to WAR if anyone has played it. I would like to know how territory is captured and controlled. How large format combat works or doesn't work in this game.

I stopped playing WAR because it performs like **** on my computer and I don't want to upgrade right now. Also, the end game is a joke.

If anyone is interested I have a few end game WAR accounts I might trade for goods/services in this game. My primary server was Dark Crag.

Oh and I'm interested in any in-game help tutelage/power leveling anyone can offer. I have lots of dumb questions that need answering. :)

I played WAR, War was a huge disappointment. I also played DAoC before that and while it's still the best PvP, this one isn't bad either. b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Kaimelar - Heavens Tear
    Kaimelar - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    LOL Wow b:shocked
    Could you tell me how many they lost?

We lost 1 def, won 18 def and won 1 attk b:sweat