Game crashed...again and again

Delirium - Harshlands
Delirium - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
well, title says everything..game crashes after I've played around an hour making fbs, bosses kinda hard. Of course game doesn't write anything after it closes, nor does the windows. I took a look at file: ...\PWI\config\element\fileerr and found this:

2009/3/18 17:58:18 Failed to copy file from video/highsetting.cfg to ../config/patcher/video.cfg

then a new entry appears everytime game closes itself. Every looks like this only the date is different:

2009/3/29 14:10:23 Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat

well, if it says anything to you, I'd appreciate some helpb:surrender. Thanks in advance
Post edited by Delirium - Harshlands on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2009
    Try clicking the Verify button on the launcher and see if that helps.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Friendlyfire - Harshlands
    Friendlyfire - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have this exact same problem. I cant stay logged in more than 2 minutes without it crashing. I verified everything at the start up menu. When that didnt work, I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game. It still crashes over and over again. It seems there are several threads on the same problem, I have tried every suggestion in all the threads and none work. Is there any fix for it?

Thank you for your time
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2009
    Are you getting the same error message as Delirium, or a different one? If it's a different error message, which one are you getting?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Friendlyfire - Harshlands
    Friendlyfire - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have been having problems since the last update so I am looking through the forums hoping to find a fix. I checked the config file after he talked about it and mine says the same thing. I am also getting an "unexpected software error" window which I have seen several posts on. I am assuming they are related although i am not a computer expert. Here are the 2 errors I am getting.

http://i41.tinypic.com/4vs4tk.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ldzric.jpg
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have been having problems since the last update so I am looking through the forums hoping to find a fix. I checked the config file after he talked about it and mine says the same thing. I am also getting an "unexpected software error" window which I have seen several posts on. I am assuming they are related although i am not a computer expert. Here are the 2 errors I am getting.

http://i41.tinypic.com/4vs4tk.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ldzric.jpg

im gettiong the first one
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For error logs like that, it means the 3d game engine is not able to do something to function on your video chipset.

Please see if your computer meets the system requirements at the bottom here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

You can also send us machines in Tech Support a ticket here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading these instructions: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For error logs like that, it means the 3d game engine is not able to do something to function on your video chipset.

Please see if your computer meets the system requirements at the bottom here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

You can also send us machines in Tech Support a ticket here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading these instructions: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

me? ive been playing for a long time why would it do that now?
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    To all users, please stop spamming the forums. Posting multiple times for the same thing can get you banned.

It can do that if you get a virus, get a corrupted video driver, your hardware is overheating or malfunctioning, Windows or Direct X gets corrupted, etc.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Noxxious - Dreamweaver
    Noxxious - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I keep crashing too, over and over and over.
    2009/3/28 03:35:53Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/28 06:13:34Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/28 18:12:35Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/29 01:58:14Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/29 21:24:33Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/29 21:30:45Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/30 04:32:21Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/30 07:18:34Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/30 20:48:47Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/30 23:28:39Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/31 00:09:32Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/31 00:54:53Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/31 02:36:35Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/31 07:35:31Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/3/31 23:12:44Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/1 00:24:01Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/1 05:32:30Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/1 12:30:49Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/1 12:40:17Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/1 13:30:41Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/2 05:35:45Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/2 11:09:19Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/2 16:38:07Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/3 08:52:33Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/3 08:55:00Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/3 09:23:17Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/4 03:48:57Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/4 03:54:27Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/4 07:51:11Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 09:19:25Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 09:20:26Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 09:20:50Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 09:37:20Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 11:30:33Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 20:34:37Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 22:14:56Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 22:19:56Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 22:20:41Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
    2009/4/5 22:48:13Failed to copy file from ../config/launcher/check/./紧急修复.bat to ../launcher/./紧急修复.bat
  • Noxxious - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    I've done everything from deleting drivers and reinstalling them to adjusting registry files. It seems to be the video drivers are unable to get the right commands.
  • Noxxious - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Bump!b:bye
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Did you send us machines in Tech Support a ticket like I instructed previously with the log files attached?

Doing so will help us tremendously, whether then just trying to guess what is going on with your system here.

Thanks! b:pleased
  • Noxxious - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    yep b:cryb:surrender
  • Annalei - Heavens Tear
    Annalei - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have the exact same problem....yes, ticket submitted but none of their suggestions helped. its almost as if a handful of files are missing or something...
    gonna try a fresh download and see what happens...
  • Annalei - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    ok fresh d/l and install but now servers are down...go figure...
  • Annalei - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    ok...same problem...game still crashes...what a waste of my time
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    What did you try?

We suggested many things for you to do in your ticket. Just reply back to the ticket and tell us what you tried, what error messages you got, what kind of progress you got.

Don't give up! PC gaming is like playing the lottery, it is just that we're use to winning most of the time. When we don't win, then we get upset.

Millions of configurations of computers, thousands of network configs. It is a miracle all the things on the internet that we take for granted actually work most of the time! b:pleased
  • Annalei - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    ticket submitted again...
  • pian1
    pian1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if you use a program like Hamtachi (gives a different IP address) turn it off.
  • Annalei - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    ok so now they want me to take my comp to a repair shop for hardware diagnostics...why? i told them that other games run fine...guess its just time to move on...
  • bludy
    bludy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hello guys i think im in the right thread so when i play in the game for awhile i get black screen and the only way to get out of it is to restart the pc what to do so it wont crash ? thanks

Intel{R} core {TM} 2 DUO CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
    3.17 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
    NVIDEA Geforce 8800 GT ....Video card drive
This discussion has been closed.