Advices for getting Lucid Dreams

chibibatdollz
chibibatdollz Posts: 202 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hi everyone,I find lucid dreams epic cool because you can do things that you normally can't do in real life.I been practicing for er...like 2 or 3 days,lol.If you know some ways to attain better chance of becoming lucid, please tell meb:cute
Post edited by chibibatdollz on

Comments

• Niyatu - Lost City
    Niyatu - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Haha, that's actually pretty funny. I was telling my boyfriend about this like 2 days ago. I can control myself in my dreams 95% of the time, but I don't know exactly how to "practice" it. You should google some and see if you can find any info.

- Niyatu/Laura.
    Sympathy is just a sign of your own weaknes.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You don't want "Lucid" dreams.. you want "Lewd" dreams... *wink*

Feel free to let yourself go... free as a hot dog on two buns!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Haha, that's actually pretty funny. I was telling my boyfriend about this like 2 days ago. I can control myself in my dreams 95% of the time, but I don't know exactly how to "practice" it. You should google some and see if you can find any info.

- Niyatu/Laura.

Wow I thought I was the only one who could do that (control my dream)
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • squirtlesquad
    squirtlesquad Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As soon as I realize that I'm dreaming, I wake up :C

But I do remember one time where I didn't. And, of course, I immediately surrounded myself with hot chicks. Then a few minutes later something else woke me up before anything sexy happened!
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Wow I thought I was the only one who could do that (control my dream)

Oh, no! It's more "common" than you'd think. I have a few friends that can do it as well. \o/

- Niyatu/Laura.
  • Drsu - Heavens Tear
    Drsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Learning how to Lucid dream can vary in difficulty, but there are many out there who can lucid dream all the time (like the person in the 2nd post) The main key is to be able to realize that you're dreaming, and from there you have your lucid dream. A good way to achieve that is by doing meditation -- you can also go to meditation classes to do this, with some yoga on top of that to teach you how to relax.
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Alot of things can affect your dreams though. Such as food,stress,medication and lack of sleep. If you want to have more dreams in general dont go to sleep over tired because there will a greater chance you may not dream at all (or wont event realise you are). Also what you have done that day can play a big part in your dreaming (or if your worried about something) But as Drsu said meditation will help. Also why not research it on the net. You'd get better answers that way^^ good luck.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If I'm really tired or deprive myself of sleep I have more lucid dreams.
  • dachs
    dachs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wish, I'd be able to do that, too ...The only simple and maybe just fictional advice I got from the movie "Waking Life" which is on Lucid Dreams only superficially - the way that I understood it -, but more on ... well, general questions.
    I tried to realize that I'm dreaming, and in one of the rare occasions it worked, I just thought: well, if it's only a dream, I can continue sleeping ...
    Not very awesome.
    Maybe ... try to wonder if you're awake even if you think you are? b:pleased
    Gives you another view of reality, too.
    b:laugh
    "Er ist ganz nah. Nun leuchte frisch,
    Er ist neugierig wie ein Fisch;" - random quote from Goethe's Faust II.
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'd love to be able to do that. I had the ability when I was younger, and somehow it just disappeared. :(

Though, if I was able to lucid dream, I don't think I'd ever want to get out of bed. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    Benjabob - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ive been practicing for about 2 years on and off and have never been successful. I envy the people it comes naturally too. b:angry
  • Dang - Dreamweaver
    Dang - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I practiced it for like 5days but nothing happened
    one time it worked but i just keep on sleeping because i didnt realize that i can do whatever i want
    a good thing to practice lucid dreaming is to wonder urself if ur dreaming during the day time few times more than 3 times at least then it will become a habit and ull maybe do i during ur dreaming
    but u also have to realize that a dream is not real when u re dreaming
    I no it sounds easy but it doesn't :(
    a good way to check if u re awake is to look at ur hand in dream u may have more than 5 fingers!
    and look at the watch then look away and then back if the time has changed like from 3 pm to 9 pm then u re dreaming dude!
    thats it :D
  • dachs
    edited April 2009
    Also something to recognize if you're dreaming mentioned in "Waking Life" is to try to turn the light switch. So if the light is on and you turn the light switch to off, and the light stays on, you're most likely dreaming. Except the switch is broken.
    In one of my dreams it worked once, but I fear knowing that you're dreaming is the first step, because I did not do what I wanted, but what i thought I wanted in that dream. So actually, I was not really "awake" in that dream ... b:surrender
  • dachs
    edited April 2009
    * had to edit this post because I sent it twice (server diconnection ...)
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Sorry for reviving this thread but I thought I'd share a lucid dream I had last night.

Well, I don't remember any other dreams from last night except for this one.

I was in a neighborhood with tall buildings, you know like, in the suburbs. I had a friend in a house that I was going to see, but instead of walking on the ground I was flying and I landed on her house. I opened a door and I ran down the stairs and to ehr place where I found her crying on the floor, I asked her what was wrong (at this point, since it was so early in the dream, I had no idea it was lucid). She tells me her dad is a psycho and just killed her mother 'cause of an argument they had last night. She even explained how, it's not very "gore"ish but he pretty much made her fall from a balcony on the 10th floor where they live. I go berserk and this is when I realize it's a dream and that I can control myself. I start yelling at her dad and I end up in a huge fight with him. We both have golfclubs in our hands for some reason, don't know where they came from but we're trying to hit eachother in the face with them. In all of a sudden his goldclub turns into a knife, which he barely cuts my arms, shoulders and thighs with, but there's still alot of blood.
    I break his nose, he kind of, leans against the wall and slides down. My friend is long gone, have no idea where she wen't. I run out of the door and down 3 stairs. I ring the doorbell on 2 doors, they both open. One is a really young asian girl and the other one is an older lady. The asian girl totally ignored me and cloed the door, the lady let me in. She had this most amazing dog that liked having her head in my lap when I told the owner (I think her name was Anne or something similar) about what just happened. We didn't call the police, I told her not to. I also said "there's no problem, this feels like it's for real but I know it's a dream." and I stood up, patted her dog on her head and lied down next to her. She was warm and soft and nudged my face affectionately with her head. I woke up to the sound of a text message, even though the last text I got was 2,5 hours ago.

- Niyatu/Laura.
  • dachs
    edited May 2009
    Sorry for reviving this thread but I thought I'd share a lucid dream I had last night.

I was in a neighborhood with tall buildings, you know like, in the suburbs. I had a friend in a house that I was going to see, but instead of walking on the ground I was flying and I landed on her house. I opened a door and I ran down the stairs and to ehr place where I found her crying on the floor, I asked her what was wrong (at this point, since it was so early in the dream, I had no idea it was lucid). She tells me her dad is a psycho and just killed her mother 'cause of an argument they had last night. She even explained how, it's not very "gore"ish but he pretty much made her fall from a balcony on the 10th floor where they live. I go berserk and this is when I realize it's a dream and that I can control myself. I start yelling at her dad and I end up in a huge fight with him. We both have golfclubs in our hands for some reason, don't know where they came from but we're trying to hit eachother in the face with them. In all of a sudden his goldclub turns into a knife, which he barely cuts my arms, shoulders and thighs with, but there's still alot of blood.
    I break his nose, he kind of, leans against the wall and slides down. My friend is long gone, have no idea where she wen't. I run out of the door and down 3 stairs. I ring the doorbell on 2 doors, they both open. One is a really young asian girl and the other one is an older lady. The asian girl totally ignored me and cloed the door, the lady let me in. She had this most amazing dog that liked having her head in my lap when I told the owner (I think her name was Anne or something similar) about what just happened. We didn't call the police, I told her not to. I also said "there's no problem, this feels like it's for real but I know it's a dream." and I stood up, patted her dog on her head and lied down next to her. She was warm and soft and nudged my face affectionately with her head. I woke up to the sound of a text message, even though the last text I got was 2,5 hours ago.

Well ... just a question: you realized it was a dream - why did you still fight her dad?
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    dachs wrote: »
    Well ... just a question: you realized it was a dream - why did you still fight her dad?

Even if you know you're dreaming, you get scared. That is why I fought him in the first place, to defend myself. And that's also why I ran away to Anne 'cause I wanted to be safe and not feel that stress inside me. Just wake up calmly, not by getting hit in the head by a golf club. b:surrender

- Niyatu/Laura.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009

- Niyatu/Laura.
    When you have lucid dreams and you realize where you're at in these types of dreams it can be a bit crazy. I remember one time I realized I was in lucid dream even before the dream started and when it began I dreamt a real bad evil place. Let's just say I think I was doing astral projection and I ended up some place I shouldn't have. b:shocked Also there are times when I have lucid dreams of myself living another life. It's me and it's in the present. Maybe it's a mix of lucid dreaming and astral projection. I get the weirdest dreams.
  • dachs
    edited May 2009
    Even if you know you're dreaming, you get scared. That is why I fought him in the first place, to defend myself. And that's also why I ran away to Anne 'cause I wanted to be safe and not feel that stress inside me. Just wake up calmly, not by getting hit in the head by a golf club.

Okay, understood - especially the last point b:pleased
  • Pallileuka - Dreamweaver
    Pallileuka - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've had succesfull lucid dream only once x.x I always wake up when i realize that i'm dreaming. Bleh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]