Duke Blacke Guide?

Options
2»

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    All your crafting have a set % to create 2** and 3** items. Where and when you craft as well as population around have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Personally... I am not sure I agree with you on this issue.

When I was lower level, I crafted a dozen white one-star items, sequentially. Other times, most of my items are two star and/or blue. Once, based on a duke rumor, I crafted a 3* ring (and a couple two stars, and two one star rings -- one was white, one was blue).

I have also managed to fail when I was refining, a dozen times in a row. Other times, I have succeeded on my first try. Nowadays, if I do not succeed on my first try, I do not try again, and I am taking notes about all sorts of trivia which I might later find relevant.

From your point of view, this might just be random chance. But I have my own point of view.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    From your point of view, this might just be random chance. But I have my own point of view.

It's like all those rumors about what to do or not to do in an FB to increase the drop rate of bosses.

People will quickly dismiss all the times they dropped nothing, and will recall the few times they got good drops. Even if all the times they did exactly the same things....

Stuff likes "calculating the number of people around someone when he attempt a craft" would eat up a lot of the server's processing power for something much too futile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Look, if you dont believe the duke works, then fine. However, this is a guide for duke blacke. not a debate as to whether the duke's programming works like we assume it does or not.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Look, if you dont believe the duke works, then fine. However, this is a guide for duke blacke. not a debate as to whether the duke's programming works like we assume it does or not.

If you read the previous messages, someone already did the job for you :

http://www.1perfectworld.com/guide-submission-hall/2049-all-duke-deer-tips.html

He opened the client-side file, and extracted all the text files pertaining to the Duke's saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Shinigamii - Harshlands
    Shinigamii - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think what duke says to you only activates once he says it to you as an individual.

If he says that a certain NPC will grant you better crafting for that day, I believe it only effects that individual and not to others because I had a guildee who stated that the crafter gave you better crafting, since I needed to lvl my crafting anyway I decided to give it a shot and I got only **** gear.

So, I believe through my findings that certain phrases that are worthwhile such as Finding officers for refinement or for crafting bonuses only activates on that individual at the moment when the phrase is shown to the person.

I'll further experiment.
    Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Wrong section of the forums.

Guides threads should be posted here : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So, I believe through my findings that certain phrases that are worthwhile such as Finding officers for refinement or for crafting bonuses only activates on that individual at the moment when the phrase is shown to the person.

You can only get things from land officers if your guild own the land the officer is attached to. Otherwise he will not be of much use to you.

Land officers are not the same things as city/town elders.
  • Shinigamii - Harshlands
    Shinigamii - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    koukou wrote: »
    You can only get things from land officers if your guild own the land the officer is attached to. Otherwise he will not be of much use to you.

Land officers are not the same things as city/town elders.

hmm.. is that so? eheh I'll check my territory I have than, to see if my Land Officer has anything.
    Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Land officer isnt giving anything to you though, you are just talking to him. And if you do have to own the land, just hope your faction does own that land or keep trying till its a land your faction owns.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The problem is with the function to obtain these numbers.

for example in c++

random_number = rand()

inside the "rand()" the internal code to generate the number is the thing i am talking about.
    Almost no programmer uses rand() in an application that matters. For one thing it's deterministic. Every time you restart the program, it will generate the same sequence of "random" numbers. So what they do is give it a random seed value, like take the arrival times of two network packets and calculate the difference. There's a danger in seeding too often, but properly done you'll get a sequence which, while only quasi-random, is so good that you'd need to be a statistician and have hundreds of thousands of samples plotted and pivoted around in like 7 dimensions to determine that it's not random.

For really random numbers, there are add-on cards you can get which contain a radioactive isotope and detector. The random numbers are based on the decay of the isotope. I doubt a game server would go to that length, but it's not like this is a particularly difficult thing to do.
    Stuff likes "calculating the number of people around someone when he attempt a craft" would eat up a lot of the server's processing power for something much too futile.
    The server has to do it anyway to determine which people's character and position data need to be sent to your client. Usually it's a box around your character's position (a circle would be more accurate, but takes a lot more CPU). Once it's calculated a list of players inside that box, calculating a sub-list of "nearby" people only at the time you craft or refine an item would be trivial.
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ack I didn't realize it cut off the rest of number 9 on my post. The full saying is:

"Principle of Refining No. 9: Each time before you do the refining, lift up your head and shout "Praise be to the heavens! Praise to the Earth! Praise to technology! Praise to the Internet! Praise to the game industry!", then kneel down with your head to the ground. This will get you in the mood for refining."

And yes, all the things I have posted are saying Duke Blacke has told me.

i've actually gotten that one too
    lol
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I just discovered something. if duke blacke falls asleep, eg he says ZZZZ...

all the info resets....

which is kinda annoying, but useful sometimes.
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tried Refining Principal 9, got my BM to shout out loud before each crafting and then crafted a 2, 3, 2, 1(Blue), but to be honest my shouting irl was a little weak after the 4th time, so that might be why I didn't get another 2*.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    principle of refining is not principle of manufacturing.... shouting out loud shouldnt have any effect in manufacturing.
This discussion has been closed.