Guards killing mobs/players??

Cutietoes - Dreamweaver
Cutietoes - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Hmm i dunno if this is just a rumor but i heard from different people if you drag a mob chasing you into a safe zone then the guards of the place will kill it. Is this true? I have never seen an npc come to life before to save a player lol I also heard that if a pker with red name comes into the city guards kill him... can anyone verify this?
Post edited by Cutietoes - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes, Guards will attack and kill Red Named players.

On the rumor about guards vs mobs: I can neither confirm, nor deny that is is or is not possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    naw guards hitting mobs cant be true, or those incidents w/ chin pulled into arch wouldnt happen
  • Cutietoes - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    o wow, do they do 1 hit on the rednames or do they duel it out?? What happens if someone flies in the city, do every guards run inside to kill him?
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    o wow, do they do 1 hit on the rednames or do they duel it out?? What happens if someone flies in the city, do every guards run inside to kill him?

its possible to survive it with pots and skills but as far as i know you cant kill them, its possible to run away
    it 1 hits me every time anyways
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Only if a red name runs through the a guard's aggro radius, that guard will chase them. If the player turns pink while the guard is chasing them, and they go into a safe zone, and the guard is pulled past another red name...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cutietoes - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    lol i wish someone will record this, i gotta see how funny it looks to fight guards
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol i wish someone will record this, i gotta see how funny it looks to fight guards

You will get owned in 2 seconds.... hope it is "funny" for you.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • shutgun
    shutgun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Omg. Once I got really owned by a guard. Was n00b-pking afks and low lvls so my name turned red. Then I went to Archosaur and then... Omg... It was like... "Go to town"... x''3 Still can't explain the shock xD

And I saw the guards running back to their places behind me O.o

Btw, is it any other "living" NPCs then the guards and Duke Black (or whatever he's called xD)?
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Guard will atk any none blue/white name players. As long as you got even 10 minutes on infamous, the guard will atk you.
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    guard hit me a 178k.. Just because the stupid guards in etherblade have some crazy camo b:angry
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yep, definitely saw two guards kill mobs before. i think it was in east barrier village, someone was flyin over with mobs on their tail and the guards ran over and killed the mobs. was pretty quick b:chuckle
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hmm i dunno if this is just a rumor but i heard from different people if you drag a mob chasing you into a safe zone then the guards of the place will kill it. Is this true?

Yes it is. This stratagem was used by someone on Lost City to acquire mats from Harpy Wraith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    A fun thing to do is get a blademaster and a cleric. Make sure the blademaster is pink named. Then have the blademaster speed run/fly past a guard, once the guard starts chasing him have a cleric heal him (make sure the cleric is not flagged). The guard will switch agro to the cleric, then the cleric can walk through town and watch the guards switch agro to surrounding red names. b:chuckle
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    A fun thing to do is get a blademaster and a cleric. Make sure the blademaster is pink named. Then have the blademaster speed run/fly past a guard, once the guard starts chasing him have a cleric heal him (make sure the cleric is not flagged). The guard will switch agro to the cleric, then the cleric can walk through town and watch the guards switch agro to surrounding red names. b:chuckle

WOWb:laugh
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Win rofl...
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug