Blademaster or Barbarian?

Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear
Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Hello,b:bye i would like ur opinion about this, wat should i choose?

I love to stun things ;)
i want to have pretty nice damage but i dislike wizards and archers(no offence its just wat i think)b:surrender
the defence or HP doesnt matter, only if one of em is high ^^
i like tanking stuffs but not too much >_<
i like both classes but i dont want a secondary choice, just a main, no alts ^^
i dont like to waste money on extra much skills and armour repairs.

I would love to see wat u pros opinion about wat i should choose ;)
Post edited by Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SinisterDevi - Heavens Tear
    SinisterDevi - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BM's are good, tons of damage. But from experience, I dueled a few Barbarians other day & they stunned the heck right out of me one skill after another. So, with that said, I'd have to say if you like to stun things, Barbarian would be the way to go. They also do tons of damage. BM's have few stuns, but there fun to use and do loads of damage. Which they had a choice for females to use Barbarians, cause that would be my choice.
    b:dirtyb:kiss
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if u want damage, dont go barb. lol its disappoiting the damage we deal =/.
    Armour repair bills get very fun.. and btw its Bm for stun, barb have only 1 skill to stun so far i've seen / used.. bm's have 2-3 ? .
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if u want damage, dont go barb. lol its disappoiting the damage we deal =/.
    Armour repair bills get very fun.. and btw its Bm for stun, barb have only 1 skill to stun so far i've seen / used.. bm's have 2-3 ? .

lol was just about to say thatXD barbs 1 stun bms multiple.

also you dont want to pay a ton for repairs? uhhh if ur choosing any melee class theyre gonna get steep while grinding.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BMs the class for you.

More damage, reasonable HP, multiple stuns.
    Plus BMs dont have repair costs as high as a barb, since:
    1. They kill stuff faster.
    2. They usually aren't the primary tank.

Barbs just have 1 main 4 sec stun skill, (another 1sec stun is a 79 skill). We have loads more HP, a little more pdef and crappy damage.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hello,b:bye i would like ur opinion about this, wat should i choose?

I love to stun things ;)Blademaster Hands down 3 stuns if done correctly for 15 seconds on anyone
    i want to have pretty nice damage but i dislike wizards and archers(no offence its just wat i think)b:surrenderBM's have great damage. Barbs do get pretty good damage. But there best skill isn't usable until extreme hihg levels
    the defence or HP doesnt matter, only if one of em is high ^^well Barbs win here. But BM's are the off tank class in PW meaning they aren't squishy
    i like tanking stuffs but not too much >_<Blademaster...you can tank some stuff but why would you when a barb does it so much better
    i like both classes but i dont want a secondary choice, just a main, no alts ^^
    i dont like to waste money on extra much skills and armour repairs.lots of armor repairs from tanking for Barbs. But all classes require a lot of money for skills. The fix for that is to concentrate on a skill build

I would love to see wat u pros opinion about wat i should choose ;)

I bolded my answers to your questions. I hope it helps. Good luck out there. And have fun.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    um your opening post is pretty much a description of bms right there...axe bm for more stuns
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It sounds like you should be an Axe BM, they have most stuns in game, have decent HP good def. They can be considered baby tanks. Their attacks, I'd say is better then a barb but they miss a lot like a barb.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bms have a problem finding parties though, aoe does not suit bms well when clerics need to focus on the barb.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bms have a problem finding parties though, aoe does not suit bms well when clerics need to focus on the barb.

I've yet to have a problem finding a party (Only when it comes to fighting the drummer boss in TT) and as for aoe damage, that's not a problem for me either, if it's magic, my charms will tick a few rounds. But when it comes to phy atk aoe, my charm only ticks once or twice, especially with alter marrow physical equipped. It may be a little tougher for sword and fist bms to absorb a lot of aoe damage, but for me (an axe bm) I don't have much of a problem taking phy atk aoes. If it's magic aoe I just turn on alter marrow magical and let my charm work with it. Lets also not forget about Sutra and pots, those two combined has always done me a lot of good.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I'd love to say go Barb (my favorite and main class), but it sounds like BM's the class for you, brother.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    2. They usually aren't the primary tank.

Oh em gee!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It may be a little tougher for sword and fist bms to absorb a lot of aoe damage, but for me (an axe bm) I don't have much of a problem taking phy atk aoes.

A tip for sword and fists users or for Hybrid BM, while tanking or doing damage to drummer in TT.

As Fists user, you must aim to cancell 50% of his mag atacks with shadowless kick. This is a big help in such a long fight. You can't cancell all with this skill since the skill has cooldown longer than the cycle from the mob*.

As sword user, you must build chi and attack with miriad sword stance everytime you have the two sparks.

If you are hybrid like me, you do normal attacks with fists to build chi ASAP and use shadowless kick to block 50% of the attacks and switch to swords for the myriad of sword stance and repeat.b:victory

*aparently Sage reduces the cooldown by 2 secs, making more viable to cancell all but I have not seen it yet. So, I cant comment on that.