nefarius vs legendary?

Options
Johnlegacy - Sanctuary
Johnlegacy - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
when are they going to do TW? when they have swept the floor with the other factions? (outlaw, steel, rebirth and some others) do they have some kind or agreement of not to atk each other until the other territories are taken? I want anwers... and I want bood!!! b:angry
Post edited by Johnlegacy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    and I want bood!!! b:angry

::gives John some bood::

Careful with that, it took me forever to find it.

As far as the wars, yeah, why not clear the map first? Nef and Legend have more than proven that if they want a land, they can take it, so why risk a counter-attack until they are drawing as much money as possible.

Now, when the map has only 2 colors on it, I do hope they will take it to town on each other. I really don't know members of either faction so I don't know of any agreements, but it would be nice especially if they are mostly even matched and there is a little tug of war going on...but w/e =)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they're too busy holding hands and having tea parties with each other for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    when are they going to do TW?

In all seriousness...Why should we? What's the benefit?

Cash? Bragging rights? We got those and frankly aren't all that interested in either for thier own sake. Challenge? That might do it...but why the rush?

Both factions are highly disciplined and know what they are doing. Going ninja isn't in the cards.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i dont think it will happen. the logic is simple: if nefarious or legendary bid on the other, other guilds will flood in and it will never be a 80 vs 80 fight.
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah, the resources required to field a nef v leg battle would probably leave both factions very vulnerable to attacks from other guilds. I doubt either would risk it until there is no more room to expand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Xaratul - Sanctuary
    Xaratul - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Be patient. And sorry, no tea parties with Legendary either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~NefariousNecromancer
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well it depends they're supposed to keep the truce until all of the territories
    are under leg or nef control

however as of late there's been word that once all territories are taken
    the truce will remain since it will be difficult to defend so many territorys
    with just a 200 person guild

so it very well could be that they'll never fight

which i'm sure would make a bunch of people angry
    but hey..
    i'd think of it as an oppurtunity to have more fun
    i mean

you start to ally with a bnch of other guilds
    and get together and plan
    you know have about 10-15 medium strength guilds all attack at once
    i mean if dreaming, regicide, rebirth, steel, outlaw, NWO
    and a bunch others all teamed up
    against leg and nef
    it'd be pretty dam fun..
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i mean if dreaming, regicide and NWO
    all teamed up
    against leg and nef
    it'd be pretty dam fun..

Lemme fix that up for you. b:chuckle
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Why not just bid like 10 seconds before it closes if you don't want to be attacked?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol legendary must be blind or dumb if they cant see how nef is moving...

They are bidding on arch, the one lvl 1 territory that leg has access to, 1k streams being nice and tucked away in the corner of nef's empire. if legendary doesnt move on this OBVIOUS act of hostility then yea.. tea party indeed. sigh... BATTLE
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol, maybe it called strategic holding :P it's like a game of risk. you put troops in an area just to deny your opponent the bonus 10 troops he gets from holding all of asia.

tea party... i used to have it till most people i have it with quit :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    DarkRings is the only person I have tea parties with. Normally in mass PK, where it's easy to be left along. =D
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    when are they going to do TW? when they have swept the floor with the other factions? (outlaw, steel, rebirth and some others) do they have some kind or agreement of not to atk each other until the other territories are taken? I want anwers... and I want bood!!! b:angry

Starting a war with each other at this point is pointless, it would turn into a stalemate, they are thinking smart and gathering as much land as they can before they turn to attacking each other. If Legendary and Nefarious were to fight next week, the defending guild would win.
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    DarkRings is the only person I have tea parties with. Normally in mass PK, where it's easy to be left along. =D
    =D. b:cute
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol legendary must be blind or dumb if they cant see how nef is moving...

They are bidding on arch, the one lvl 1 territory that leg has access to, 1k streams being nice and tucked away in the corner of nef's empire. if legendary doesnt move on this OBVIOUS act of hostility then yea.. tea party indeed. sigh... BATTLE

The only way they could "move" is to attack arch too. First of all, no guild is taking arch anytime soon. If Nef and Leg were to fight, nothing would happen, the defending guild would win. So what could leg do? bid on arch and lose? or bid on nef and lose? Nef and Leg are obviously thinking smart and taking the remaining land before initiating the long stalemate. So everyone stop complaining that they dont have guts, because they have brains.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The only way they could "move" is to attack arch too. First of all, no guild is taking arch anytime soon. If Nef and Leg were to fight, nothing would happen, the defending guild would win. So what could leg do? bid on arch and lose? or bid on nef and lose? Nef and Leg are obviously thinking smart and taking the remaining land before initiating the long stalemate. So everyone stop complaining that they dont have guts, because they have brains.

tasty brainzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yay to brains... and i hope when we face legendary we will win :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saintblu - Sanctuary
    Saintblu - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    nef and leg can't do ****, but make up lies about some joining forcese as a cover up for saying Im scared. I personaly do not like nef, and leg has disaapointed me Im ashamed of that being my first guild, never thought it get filled with a bunch of cowards. I hate rebirth has join their little force if so asch you disaapoint me as well. All you guys proving is how scared of nef you are, I mean hell it's only a game not like they can hurt you in real life.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Why would someone be sacred of a name? and why can't people just TW for fun? geez, always so many whiners.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    nef and leg can't do ****, but make up lies about some joining forcese as a cover up for saying Im scared. I personaly do not like nef, and leg has disaapointed me Im ashamed of that being my first guild, never thought it get filled with a bunch of cowards. I hate rebirth has join their little force if so asch you disaapoint me as well. All you guys proving is how scared of nef you are, I mean hell it's only a game not like they can hurt you in real life.

1.) Learn to spell.
    2.) Your post made my IQ drop
    3.) Try reading my posts so you actually learn why things happen
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Why would someone be sacred of a name? and why can't people just TW for fun? geez, always so many whiners.

Online gaming is srs bidness b:shocked
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In other words, you hate the 3 factions that have solidified themselves as the dominant powers on the map, and wish they would all kill each other so your faction could sneak in and grab land.

Fact is, TW is fundamentally flawed in PW. Defending is relatively easy between comparable power levels, land income is relatively high to help solidify and maintain power bases, and the 3 attack at a time cap, with static TW times, helps protect large factions from being stretched too thin. Given the above and with no actual penalty/consequence/prohibition to large-scale expansion, the game is simply built to accomodate a monoply or oligarchy (as evidenced by the fact every server, including Asian ones, are dominated by a few factions with multiple instances of one faction owning the entire map).

From a play standpoint, I'm sorry if this means that you can't enjoy TW as you'd wish, but it is only natural for each faction to look after their own interests; strong factions become strong by making decisions on ration rather than impulse. As it were, don't hate the player, hate the game.
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

yea it's only a game and why do u hate everyone?
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    15n0x2r.jpg
  • GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary
    GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I mean hell it's only a game not like they can hurt you in real life.

i lolled at this, if they could hurt me in real life id be some sort of super cat or something, ive died so many times ive lost count, pking 95% of the time without charms and being arcane armour is pretty damn squishy xD
  • Alaxana - Sanctuary
    Alaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    To be blunt, I didn't care much to read everything that was said in this thread. Nor do I have any clue what the **** is going on in Sanc.
    I no longer play this server, but I must say.. if, and when, Legendary and Nefarious go at it.. I'd like videos.
    I need to enjoy it from some sort of view.

<3

DeadBone, weren't you on Harshlands for a bit?
    Or was it imposter DB? [;

P.S; Rootin' for Leg.
    Alaxana - Retired 9x venomancer. ;Sanctuary

Radiance - 7x archer in Leviathan. ;Raging Tides

Don't lie; don't lie to me now, now I'm erasing you,
    Throwing those memories out, out to start something new,
    I'm throwing those memories, darling don't lie to me.

Breathe in slowly now; darling don't lie to me,
    Inhale truth I plead for you're my only hope,
    Don't die, don't leave.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    To be blunt, I didn't care much to read everything that was said in this thread. Nor do I have any clue what the **** is going on in Sanc.
    I no longer play this server, but I must say.. if, and when, Legendary and Nefarious go at it.. I'd like videos.
    I need to enjoy it from some sort of view.

<3

DeadBone, weren't you on Harshlands for a bit?
    Or was it imposter DB? [;

P.S; Rootin' for Leg.
    b:quiet
    Oracles ruined it for meb:infuriated
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Fact is, TW is fundamentally flawed in PW. Defending is relatively easy between comparable power levels, land income is relatively high to help solidify and maintain power bases, and the 3 attack at a time cap, with static TW times, helps protect large factions from being stretched too thin.

I have to ask: have you ever tried defending all your territories weekend after weekend? If so, how long were you able to defend them, and how many did you have left after several months of this?
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have to ask: have you ever tried defending all your territories weekend after weekend? If so, how long were you able to defend them, and how many did you have left after several months of this?

Ergo the part about comparable power levels, and usage of faction income. At the time the attacks on Outlaw started en masse, it had already suffered many high level defections to Nef, Steel, and others. Also, my understanding is that you did not have consistent access to weekly income due to in-game absence of the faction leader, though forgive me if I am incorrect here. Regardless, in my view, you were not equal in power to Steel when they started the cycle of you losing land.

And my faction has endured similar circumstances, albeit not recently. We fought off both attacks on all our lands, and then a full fledged assault by (the old) SW when only had about 40 people in instance. Defending quite simply is far easier than attacking. You have towers, it takes a sustained assault by all cats for 5 minutes or so to beat the crystal, and cats are constrained to 3 straight paths to attack from, so offensive maneuvers are quite limited and simple to react to.

Given 200 members in faction, an elite level faction is quite capable of holding 3 attacks at once with 120-180 people turning out, depending on circumstances. Now, whether a faction has that kind of dedication to repeatedly do that is another issue, but in a vacuum it isn't hard to handle and plan for 3 attacks at a time, particularly seeing as the primary threats to such a faction are typically going to be focused in only 2-3 other factions (who would have to all work together. and have their attack times fall on the same slot for optimal odds). This is why other servers have been completely conquered by one faction, and not like they weren't challenged.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Formal talk bores me ...you guys are no fun >< muehhh whuanntttzzz bloooodddd !!!How about every1 fights ever1? Thennnnnnnnnn....we have a........tea party to make up ^_^ .