Duke Blacke Lucky Mode

Arliana - Dreamweaver
Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Chronicles
Just wondering, when Duke Blacke finally does give his info on how to become lucky, whats the actually chance it will work? Cause I've only got it to trigger once after maybe 20 tries, and just ran out of fragments to continue testing, but does anyone know?
Post edited by Arliana - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I just thought he took your coins and told you stuff you already knew. b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    no, duke blacke is almost equivalent to a dragon orb, actually, in some ways hes better.

Duke Blacke can increase mob drops, increase crafting chance for 2 and 3 stars, increasing chance of refining success, increase lucky pack drop rates as well as lucky packs criting.

He also tells you which npcs will **** u over if u talk to them. Duke Blacke also has hidden quests as well as the chance of giving u 10k coin for no reason.

What I'm trying to have happen is that all my lucky packs become crits. I've got it to work 1 time out of 20 tries cause u need celestone fragments for such a crazy thing to work. However, once it does work, you get stuck in lucky mode till u log off, so rare drops become uncommon drops, easter eggs may be affected is what I'm hoping for. Coupled with the big head pills, maybe, just maybe ill get an extremely rare drop.

What I'm wondering is who else has got the lucky mode to trigger and how many tries did it take after blacke mentioned it.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    no, duke blacke is almost equivalent to a dragon orb, actually, in some ways hes better.

Duke is only another useless money sink.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Duke Blacke can increase mob drops, increase crafting chance for 2 and 3 stars, increasing chance of refining success, increase lucky pack drop rates as well as lucky packs criting.

He also tells you which npcs will **** u over if u talk to them. Duke Blacke also has hidden quests as well as the chance of giving u 10k coin for no reason.

You get these things just from talking to him? or you have to give him celestone fragments? How does it work?
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Well, duke blacke will specifically say, so and so gem merchant is on a lucky streak, if you trade with him, MAYBE some of his luck will rub off on you.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    never heard or seen any option at duke blacke for celstone fragments.

What I do know is duke blacke is a chinese historical character thats famous for alaways lying, therefore all the hints and tips on what officers will give u the best refine rate is probably false.

What you can get from him tho is 1 mil coins, but the chances of that is super small.

Ps. what do u mean lucky packs become cits? Lucky packs = pots and pills las ti checked ><
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, duke blacke will specifically say, so and so gem merchant is on a lucky streak, if you trade with him, MAYBE some of his luck will rub off on you.

That's all he ever says, that and so-and-so just made the biggest mistake ever, or that someone got a CS petegg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009

What I'm trying to have happen is that all my lucky packs become crits. I've got it to work 1 time out of 20 tries cause u need celestone fragments for such a crazy thing to work. However, once it does work, you get stuck in lucky mode till u log off, so rare drops become uncommon drops, easter eggs may be affected is what I'm hoping for. Coupled with the big head pills, maybe, just maybe ill get an extremely rare drop.

What I'm wondering is who else has got the lucky mode to trigger and how many tries did it take after blacke mentioned it.

I wonder if you are duke blake shouting in the forums too.b:laugh

just kidding.

You should make a guide or more specific on what you know. So, we can try it too.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Duke Blacke is god.... all pay 300 coins to now him now
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i hate him
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    i hate him

Duke Blacke helps with making lv 10 noobs poor and force them to QQ and quit the game. Do you like him now?
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    duke blacke is my loverb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Some more duke blacke stuff:

Historical basis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Deer_and_the_Cauldron
    Wei Xiaobao = duke of deer(my-en) = duke blacke (pwi)
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Well, for those of you patient enough to camp him and follow his leads, he eventually does say that a lot of his rumours arent confirmable, however, the some that are true, will drastically boost you. The gem merchant one I was talking about b4, he will specifically say that a certain gem merchant is lucky. You will then go to that gem merchant and trade with him. Now to check if the luck has actually worn off on you, crack a lucky pack. If it crits, crack a second pack to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Now if after 2-3 packs they have all crited, your character has entered lucky mode till you log off or something, which im not sure, happens.

Lucky mode seems to make lucky packs and monster drops a lot lot better. However, duke blacke very very mentions when a gem merchant is lucky, and it seems to be very very rare when the merchant actually is lucky.

Blacke also tells you when an npc is drunk. This seems stupid, however, if the npc is a merchant, or blacksmith or something, how well do u think he is with his money at the time? Stuff will be cheaper and u can sell your stuff for more. I havnt actually checked the price difference percent wise, however, it is better.

Now the refining thing, remember I said duke blacke is like the dragon orbs? well he is. He will give u information about a specific grade of refining, eg +7. Then he will tell you to go visit a specific npc. Go talk to that npc. Afterwhich, refine your equipment for that specific lvl, eg +7. The chance of it succeeding increases, I have no way to test if this actually works however, since it just succeeds mostly and I dont have anything past +3.

Mob wise, he will tell you the cycle of the elements. It will tell you which mob is enhanced for the day, meaning you are getting better drops from it.

Crafting, he will tell you which crafter, apothacary, blacksmith, tailor, is happy. A happy crafting npc is a happy player. Your first item crafted from him will result in an increased success. Tailor seems to be the rarest one.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Mob wise, he will tell you the cycle of the elements. It will tell you which mob is enhanced for the day, meaning you are getting better drops from it.

which his information is ****.. I've had him tell me that water, fire and wood mobs are all lucky consecutively..

yet, when I grind on any of them, I've gotten squat for drops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The main thing I don't understand is when the talks about the Apothecary. You always have an 100% success rate with Apothecary and I have yet to receive anything extra.

I have received the 10k coins, and a friend of mine loves the refining tips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Awesome many thanks.
    Votes to sticky this guide.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Well, for those of you patient enough to camp him and follow his leads, he eventually does say that a lot of his rumours arent confirmable, however, the some that are true, will drastically boost you. The gem merchant one I was talking about b4, he will specifically say that a certain gem merchant is lucky. You will then go to that gem merchant and trade with him. Now to check if the luck has actually worn off on you, crack a lucky pack. If it crits, crack a second pack to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Now if after 2-3 packs they have all crited, your character has entered lucky mode till you log off or something, which im not sure, happens.

Lucky mode seems to make lucky packs and monster drops a lot lot better. However, duke blacke very very mentions when a gem merchant is lucky, and it seems to be very very rare when the merchant actually is lucky.

Blacke also tells you when an npc is drunk. This seems stupid, however, if the npc is a merchant, or blacksmith or something, how well do u think he is with his money at the time? Stuff will be cheaper and u can sell your stuff for more. I havnt actually checked the price difference percent wise, however, it is better.

Now the refining thing, remember I said duke blacke is like the dragon orbs? well he is. He will give u information about a specific grade of refining, eg +7. Then he will tell you to go visit a specific npc. Go talk to that npc. Afterwhich, refine your equipment for that specific lvl, eg +7. The chance of it succeeding increases, I have no way to test if this actually works however, since it just succeeds mostly and I dont have anything past +3.

Crafting, he will tell you which crafter, apothacary, blacksmith, tailor, is happy. A happy crafting npc is a happy player. Your first item crafted from him will result in an increased success. Tailor seems to be the rarest one.

I'm not denying your claims but I have not heard anyone matching your claims.

However, there are treads in the crafting nook in which somebody is also claiming the same thing regarding manufacturing. this is just one of them.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=178861

Its there such a thing as mobs enhanced for the day or just enhanced for the day for you? or are they enhanced for you after talking to Duke Blade?

Are you saying an NPC is trading on everybody's benefit for a period of time or just for you for a limited time? or just for you for a limited time after talking to Duke Blade?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Now to check if the luck has actually worn off on you, crack a lucky pack. If it crits, crack a second pack to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Now if after 2-3 packs they have all crited, your character has entered lucky mode till you log off or something, which im not sure, happens.

This looks like Vodou or something.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm thinking the enhancements or bonuses you get from Blacke (if any) would ONLY occur after talking to him. Besides, there's got to be a reason why he moves around arch, right? lol If you're gonna give someone luck or whatever he might give that's useful, might as well make it a challenge to find him! XD
  • Dukeblacke - Harshlands
    Dukeblacke - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes, everyone give me money and I will make you lucky!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

LOLb:laughb:laughb:victory
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Well, I'm not sure, but it makes sense to me that his previous statements get cancelled out everytime you talk to him. Also, the crafting things will end when you log out and are specific to you. The crafting thing and lucky thing are easy to confirm and I've done it many many times. The element cycle thing seems to work about 50/50, and I'm not perfectly sure, but weather might affect. Most of the time when it works for me its usually water enhances so and so other element, and still requires a bit of grinding on that mob.

As for the apothacary thing, ionno. This one needs research by someone who actually has stats to apothacary, I only have blacksmith, tailor, and craftsman as reference. The apothacary crits are some mysterious other dimension that needs research lol.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    ........and I'm not perfectly sure, but weather might affect............

you are freaking me out
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    you are freaking me out

Well, I have no way to test if the weather affects, its just rain seems to increase mobs drops when water enhances earth. I have no other evidence for that. Might also just have the thing work lol. Weather is just a guess on my part mostly.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009

Failed Duke is failed Dukeblacke

P.S. I can give you 1 million coins, but I placed it at location 696 969 with altitude 69. Money placed at this location never disappears, so I hope you would fly your **** to that location and get the money because it's like 1 million coins!! Fly now before other posters see this!

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Quite frankly, hard to beleives that devs too lazy to fix a bug in an event like Forrest ruins will go out and code something as complicated as what you say.

Show us some screenshots of what you pretend, then we may beleive you. As far as testing was done, all his saying are pure rubbish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Crafting tips are true.
    With two tries I always get 2 stars for 4 bs quest, so that is true, others dont know... Refining is always the sames tips
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Managed to get the lucky rumor, but not really sure if I got it or not...but assuming I did, I went to go refine my equip to +3, following the 4-9 am thing (forgot exact time) and talked to the NPC to make it to +3 and it was successful...but I don't know if was just pure luck or all these things are true. Scared to try to get it to +4...xD
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • col5000
    col5000 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ive had no luck at all :(
This discussion has been closed.