Just about to start playing...

Options
allsorts
allsorts Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
...I'm just about to start playing this game, downloading it at the moment, just wanted to know what the game is like and if you thinks it good or bad and your reasons for it...
Post edited by allsorts on

Comments

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    allsorts wrote: »
    ...I'm just about to start playing this game, downloading it at the moment, just wanted to know what the game is like and if you thinks it good or bad and your reasons for it...

Stop being a tard, and read the other 9001 threads about this kthnx bai
  • darksacred
    darksacred Posts: 18
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Love the game! Well worth giving it a try.

Pros:

Nice graphics
    Easy to use UI
    Great to play with friends
    Large leveling scale

Cons:

Not much to do but grind
    Cash shop dominated game
    Lacking of features to keep you entertained
    Not as polished as most P2P games

It really is a good game and you get back out of it what you put in. Community is the most important thing IMO so get yourself into a guild make some friends and youll enjoy playing.

b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    darksacred wrote: »

Pros:

Nice graphics
    Easy to use UI
    Large leveling scale

Cons:

Not much to do but grind
    Cash shop dominated game

It really is a good game and you get back out of it what you put in. Community is the most important thing IMO so get yourself into a guild make some friends and youll enjoy playing.

This post needs some corrections.

The game is NOT cash shop dependent. There are tons of ingame alternatives to things in the cash shop, plus all the stuff is not needed to play the game. Anyone who says otherwise is just a lousy player.

The game has plenty of features, including a lot of daily/weekly events and more are coming.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • allsorts
    allsorts Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    darksacred wrote: »

Pros:

Nice graphics
    Easy to use UI
    Large leveling scale

Cons:

Not much to do but grind
    Cash shop dominated game

kk, sounds interesting...shall give it a try...
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Try it out.. before you say it sucks...

A game's most important thing is how fun it is. So everything else, doesn't really matter or should be given a dam about. Fun is the most important thing.

And oh yea, be sure to Pk people if you roll a PvP server, cause owning people is fun
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Try it out.. before you say it sucks...

A game's most important thing is how fun it is. So everything else, doesn't really matter or should be given a dam about. Fun is the most important thing.

And oh yea, be sure to Pk people if you roll a PvP server, cause owning people is fun

Honestly, trying out its not enough (IMO) to take a hint on the game. The game has its turns and changes as you level up. Most of the internet reviews are from guys who did not pass level 10.

At the same time is too bad to wait until level 40 to say you dont like the game.b:laugh

I have no clue, up to which level is good enough to make a review on this game.

I just can say I like it.b:victory
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I like it as well, I've spent a few weeks on the game and currently have three characters, all at or near 20. I'm testing out a few classes to find which one I want to work with the most and keep for endgame goodness, which is why I haven't gotten farther ;)

I read a *lot* of reviews online before even downloading the game. A lot tended to skew either against this game "OMG Cash Shop wah!" or overly in favor of it. So I took everything with a grain of salt and decided to try it out for myself. I mean, the worst reviews I saw basically said "It's a free game. I played it for two weeks and it was okay but meh I quit." I totally don't mind playing a free game for two weeks, enjoying myself in that time, then walking away if it ends up not being OMG Awesome. I mean, you pay for a console game, and beat it in two weeks, and walk away. So... money saved ;)

Almost a month in and I'm still playing, because I'm still enjoying myself. And it's still free. Some people *say* you need to pay for Cash Shop items to get anywhere but I haven't found that to be the case yet. And you can always buy the items from other users using game-earned Coins instead of spending your real money. So it stays free if you work at it. If you want an easier ride, you can shell out a few bucks if you want to - it's still less expensive then a Pay To Play where you *have* to shell out a monthly subscription fee to play.

So Download, log in, and enjoy ^x^ I recommend trying one of the two newest servers (Harshlands for PvP or Dreamweaver for PvE) to avoid the overcrowding on the older servers. People will be closer to your level and you won't have much trouble finding a patch of mobs and mats to work with ^x^
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Anything you can get in the cash shop you can get with coins. Cash is just a faster means of obtaining said items. The game is still plenty of fun without anything from the shop, though there are a lot of things you will want later on. Land and air mounts are a good purchase, no one likes traveling slow. GA's and exp scrolls are extremely useful in the higher levels. Dragon Orbs will be a necessity at some point, but you really don't need to worry about refining much until, imo, 60+. Fashion is completely optional, and you will get a random color if you buy it from the CS yourself, better off finding them in-game in a color you want.

Once again, though, everything you can get in the cash shop you can get with in-game coin. I've spent exactly $60 (3 UGC's) total on the game and I have just about everything from the CS I can use. All it takes is patience.