Dragonbow?

Keroman - Heavens Tear
Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
Well, through my time spent on these forums, I've seen it said that the Dragonbow sucks, mostly by those on the Lost City server (thinking about it, it may be the same archer saying that over and over again, but whatever). Anyway, every time this has come up, there's been no explanation as to why the Dragonbow is meant to suck. I've certainly seen it used to great effect. So, is it meant to suck just because it's not an xbow? Explain y'selves.
Post edited by Keroman - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    most likely because xbows are best for pk, and the guy from LC was subsequently a pvper. I don't see anything wrong with the DB, but xbows are best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    most likely because xbows are best for pk, and the guy from LC was subsequently a pvper. I don't see anything wrong with the DB, but xbows are best

wat about for grinding? And while we're at it, what does kiting mean?
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    wat about for grinding? And while we're at it, what does kiting mean?

Kiting is shooting and running. Only useful for below level 19 and for soloing certain bosses (the ends of DQs, for example).

I assume the Dragonbow is used mostly on PvE servers (or so I gather) is because it's a mid-range weapon.. saves making the xbow and the sling. Do y'all PvP server guys have a lot more time/money, or do you grind terribly with xbows all the time?
  • Shadowreign - Harshlands
    Shadowreign - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Do y'all PvP server guys have a lot more time/money, or do you grind terribly with xbows all the time?

Obviously I can't speak for everyone on the PVP servers, but alot of us have a sling or bow that we use when grinding and an xbow that we use for PVP. Now if we're grinding in an area that's known for PK patrols, we'll usually just go ahead and grind with the xbow.
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Obviously I can't speak for everyone on the PVP servers, but alot of us have a sling or bow that we use when grinding and an xbow that we use for PVP.

This is what I do when in pvp mode, but it's seeming like something I won't really be able to do later on; the cost of tt90/similar level weapons is hueg.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Kiting is shooting and running. Only useful for below level 19 and for soloing certain bosses (the ends of DQs, for example).

I assume the Dragonbow is used mostly on PvE servers (or so I gather) is because it's a mid-range weapon.. saves making the xbow and the sling. Do y'all PvP server guys have a lot more time/money, or do you grind terribly with xbows all the time?

Upgrade a crossbow, and put a few shards in it, then everything is fine.

And we dont "terribly grind", in fact, we have to be mroe careful than you guys do. Something about open PK.... Oh yes! No KSing!
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ....Dragonbow sucks because if you want speed in PvP just get the 88 molder. 250 Evasion isn't enough to outdo the 100 phy atk mod on the blinding radiance especially since that mod increases the min atk as well as max atk, putting the blinding radiance avg dmg well above the dragonbow avg dmg, even with the bow shooting a little faster.

Also, ribbons are a ***** to farm, you can do 2 belials and have your blinding radiance, but you need much more runs to finish a dragonbow since the drop rate blows.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't think the difference in DPS is all as pronounced as you think. Keep in mind that the Dragonbow's dps benefits more from -interval gear, refining, and gems due to the faster attack rate.

Dragonbow looks really pretty too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    And we dont "terribly grind", in fact, we have to be mroe careful than you guys do. Something about open PK.... Oh yes! No KSing!

That was more a reference to the fact that xbows suuuuuuck at pve (compared to slings, anyway).