MntMan - Lost City
MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Suggestion Box
I know this has been brought up before, but I really think the GMs should do something about this. I'm not saying they have to make it easier to get rep, but they should make the level goals and gear more appropriate.

Meaning I got my Rank 2 at level 44. I do a ton of FBs, did all my quests, and do solo quests, especially when they are the same as a primary quest. I think Rank 2 at lvl 44 is pretty good and despite all my hard work to get it I still didn't make it at lvl 40 that is noted for the rank.

Rank 3 is even worse. i continue to do extra FB runs and all my quests and at lvl 48 I've only got about 1500 rep. No way by lvl 50 will I make rank even though it says lvl 50 is the rank level. Even if I did wraith events, which there have been so few lately and I managed to get a dog tag each one and figure that each is worth 5 rep and maybe 3 wraith attacks a day (even though there isn't any more) and I manage to get a tag each time I do it (which isn't probable because not that many drop) and also let's say I get a darkness stamp once a day from the FB runs I do (which I don't because they're rare and the drop doesn't always go to me) at 5 rep that is only 20 more rep a day (give or take based on dog tag and darkness stamp level). If I level every other day (being conservative) that's 400 more rep in the 10 level span. That still would not make me rank 3 by level 50.

What they need to do is ether make the rep requirement appropriate for the level or change the level requirement and gear given. So if they said you get rank 3 with 2500 rep at level 60 instead of 50 and they gave you level 60 gear at rank 3 that would be appropriate. It would be a difficult, but obtainable goal.

Has anyone ever made rank 3 or rank 4 on time? (Rank 2 may be possible, but it would take quite a bit to do). I'm not saying rank should be easy. you should have to work for it, but if no one has ever achieved the rank at hat level in the history of the game EVER then it's an impossible goal and unrealistic expectation. The GMs need to rethink this.

I will post this in the suggestions section as well. If yo agree with me go there and give a +1. Else I'd like to hear your argument.
Post edited by MntMan - Lost City on

Comments

• darksacred
    darksacred Posts: 18
    edited April 2009
    Agreed, am approaching level 40 and wont meet the requirements at all, and I've done every quest on offer including every solo fighter quest.
    I could perhaps understand not being able to meet the requirements had I skipped quests or missed the solo fighter quests, but because I've done every quest available I should atleast have the requirements for the gear at level 40 when its available.

I think the GMs either need to up the quality and level requirements of the gear to better reflect the difficulty of obtaining the reputation required to obtain it. Or reduce the reputation required down to be more in scale with the amount of reputation available should all the quests be completed.

Just seems like bad design in my opinion which needs looking at!
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hmm i still haven't hti rank 3 xD
    2100 rep in counting xP
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hmm i still haven't hti rank 3 xD
    2100 rep in counting xP

Better than me, I'm still on 1.4k b:surrender
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Who cares about rep, no one gives a dam about it k?

Just use molder equips like 90% of the population.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What they need to do is ether make the rep requirement appropriate for the level or change the level requirement and gear given. So if they said you get rank 3 with 2500 rep at level 60 instead of 50 and they gave you level 60 gear at rank 3 that would be appropriate. It would be a difficult, but obtainable goal.

Bah.....you need the hh/tt gear by this time or the molds.

** Additionally, very few people have high rep points. I know some level 90+ that have not hit rank 3. IF there were better rewards for the rep then maybe more people would focus on it, but for now its not too big of a deal.

* If however you want to continue gaining in rep, do the one-man armies when you have a quest for the same mobs and this is the same with the justice quests.

FYI --> at my level i have around 3800 rep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i never do the rank things i got my armor from drops or quest what ever was better maybe try that if not haven't already?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm level 47 and I still need 9 rep to get rank II. Funny though, I do quite a lot of fb's and I am usually lucky enought to get the darkness stamps. I must admit I've skipped quite a few one many army quests until recently, when I understood what rep is about. But for rank I gear there was no struggle. BTW, where do you get rank II gear? Sorry for my ignorance.

PS. In conclusion, I agree the rank requirement might be too high, even for a passionate (obsessed maybe?) player. I don't think I ever skipped a quest, except for 1 man army.