How much does Regeneration Aura cost to you?

Options
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
Greetings, heroes.

I am looking for a monetary guideline of how much it costs a cleric to cast Regeneration Aura for a given duration. This is so that I can pay back clerics for their charm usage.

Assuming you have a full Gold Spirit Charm, how much of it is consumed when you cast Regeneration Aura for 5 minutes? 10 minutes? Do you also consume MP potions as you are casting it? I realize this depends on your level and a plethora of other factors, so I politely ask that you please list those as well.

My thanx in advance.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ragincagein
    ragincagein Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i believe a level 1 regen aura cost around 500-600 mana. could be wrong. it may be a bit lower.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    A gold charm would last 2.5 hours (150 minutes) if BB was up continually. So, 400,000 (Dreamweaver's price for gold mp charm) divided by 150 should give you the price per minute. So on Dreamweaver a cleric would be spending 2.7k every minute to run Regeneration Aura. Just divide the cost of a gold mp charm on HT by 150 and you should get the amount you're looking for. ^^

Also, there is only one lvl of Regeneration Aura so it's pretty much set at 500mp every 5 seconds.
  • Starliss - Lost City
    Starliss - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Regeneration Aura only has one level, which costs us all 500mp to cast, and costs another 500mp for every 5 seconds that we are channeling it. In terms of MP Charm usage, yes, this depends on how much mp the cleric has, as this affects how long they can channel for until the Charm kicks in, and how much mp the Charm will regenerate. Not only is this does this depend on stat points in magic.. but then also your weapon, armor, gems, etc. So it really just depends on the cleric, since more than likely every single one is different. To give you an idea..

Level 61 Cleric with 5320mp, Gold MP Charm would last me roughly 1.5hrs. I probably screwed up with the math (now that I think about it.. I used 8.3sec Charm usage, but would have to round to 10sec.. then Charm would be used more to refill mana.. but would it balance out?! AH!) But just to show you.. it's really confusing
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I know the answer will vary from cleric to cleric, which is why I'm asking for multiple responses and ballpark figures.

I want to make sure I can repay you healers for your sacrifices.

Another question: almost every healer I give MP potions to, for Regeneration Aura, rejects them. They basicaly say, "No worries, I have a charm." My intention is for them to use the potions as often as possible so their charm does not trigger as often (and thus save some money). Is it infeasible for the cleric to use potions if they have a charm equipped? Why is it so many say no?

FYI, these are free potions that I get as loot, so this scenario should be independent of the Charm vs. Potions monetary efficiency issue.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I know the answer will vary from cleric to cleric, which is why I'm asking for multiple responses and ballpark figures.

I want to make sure I can repay you healers for your sacrifices.

Another question: almost every healer I give MP potions to, for Regeneration Aura, rejects them. They basicaly say, "No worries, I have a charm." My intention is for them to use the potions as often as possible so their charm does not trigger as often (and thus save some money). Is it infeasible for the cleric to use potions if they have a charm equipped? Why is it so many say no?

FYI, these are free potions that I get as loot, so this scenario should be independent of the Charm vs. Potions monetary efficiency issue.

You are a rarity....

In terms of Regeneration Aura, it does (like the others say) consume 500mp per 5 seconds.

If I am in a zhen party for more the 2-2.5 hours, I will definitely have to use a new charm at some point. * Gold charm more specifically*

Most clerics...if they have a charm...say "no worries" just because it is something that comes with the skill. It is the same for Heaven's Wraith.

Needless to say....(going off of Market and not Cash Shop prices)...It could cost anywhere from 400k-800k to fully utilize the Aura for a day. In my own personal case, I go through a Gold MP charm every 1-2 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    for a tt your level?

2-1

first boss takes for EVER to kill, so at the price of ironheart, could be over 20k to do this boss.

pretty sure you need to have 7x or higher potions to use them effectively. i have 8,000 mana, and i'm pretty sure wurlord takes a whole bronze charm to use. so that's 90k for 1 boss. i round all prices up a few thousand, because of ironheart before using bb.

ape hits pretty hard, so needs a lot of spammed heals.. consuming the same, if not more than bb would(229 mp per cast, get about 2.5 cast in 5 seconds). so it's only slightly cheaper to use ironheart. cost about 25k to do this boss, because he takes awhile to kill.

soul ripper is easy, cleric can relax here. maybe ~10k to do this 1.

feng has that **** aoe, and he takes probably 5-10 minutes of straight bb. so the price here varies on time. so it cost about 35k for the cleric to do this boss.

1-2

chin is easy. ~10k to do this boss.

drum takes 5 mins of bb, so like 20k to do that boss.

tent boss has a chance to wipe a decent group, but takes about 7 minutes of straight bb. i'm guessing closer to 25k to do this boss.

007 boss takes ****ing forever to kill, and have to have a constant stream of ironheart if the tank can't cancel his attacks in time. and if the whole run is sloppy, you could be using bb for 20 mins. price is so jumpy here based on the squad, could cost you from 20k to 80k.

snake is easy, but has a nonchanneling magic attack that can hit the tank pretty hard. so this boss could cost between 10-25k.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Forp.....

She was asking about Regeneration Aura....not basic heals.

That is a way diff topic in terms of mp consumption....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    regeneration aura = blue bubble = bb
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    regeneration aura = blue bubble = bb

Yes I know.....however you missed my point...soooooooooooo nvm then....

No point in beating it with a stick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Forp.....

She was asking about Regeneration Aura....not basic heals.

That is a way diff topic in terms of mp consumption....

It's fine. Sir Forp is addressing the basic question: How much does it cost to be a cleric.

My thanx, Sir Forp.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I cant belive it! Someone is caring about Cleric and how much they consume! ! !

OMG I should make a monument for you! xD
  • Senyo - Heavens Tear
    Senyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ok, first, it doesn't matter what build the cleric is. the BB always uses 500 MP every 5 seconds (100 MP every second) so if you have less MP the charm will tick more often for less, and if you have a lot of MP you're charm will tick less often for more. 1 Gold Spirit charm will always last 150 Minutes

The reason the BB is so expensive is because it puts Clerics into "battle mode" where MP regeneration is lowered to 25%. Every other heal Clerics have doesn't put them into combat mode, unless they're being hit by an aoe or some other attack. so regularly you can spam Ironhearts to your hearts content without even ticking your charm once if you use a Concentrate Orb (+100 MP regen a second). And you can't use Apothecary items during BB, only regular HP, and MP pots.

Full Magic Clerics would be able to use BB for slightly longer, compared to Clerics with less magic, but it's probably not noticeable (5 seconds more, if even that), since the regen is only 25% of the original.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You could, however, use an arctic orb just before you started your blue bubble?
  • Cutietoes - Dreamweaver
    Cutietoes - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ok, first, it doesn't matter what build the cleric is. the BB always uses 500 MP every 5 seconds (100 MP every second) so if you have less MP the charm will tick more often for less, and if you have a lot of MP you're charm will tick less often for more. 1 Gold Spirit charm will always last 150 Minutes

The reason the BB is so expensive is because it puts Clerics into "battle mode" where MP regeneration is lowered to 25%. Every other heal Clerics have doesn't put them into combat mode, unless they're being hit by an aoe or some other attack. so regularly you can spam Ironhearts to your hearts content without even ticking your charm once if you use a Concentrate Orb (+100 MP regen a second). And you can't use Apothecary items during BB, only regular HP, and MP pots.

Full Magic Clerics would be able to use BB for slightly longer, compared to Clerics with less magic, but it's probably not noticeable (5 seconds more, if even that), since the regen is only 25% of the original.

Just curious, since you said that bubble puts clerics in battle mode, does that mean we start taking aggro? Can we get damaged during this bubble? I totally forgot what regeneration aura does and if or not it protects us during
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It reduces damage taken to half and heals every few seconds for the entire party (including you) that is within range, and any heal can take aggro. I have heard of clerics dying while zhenning because of it.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Charms on Dreamweaver are now around 500k and I have seen them at a higher price. I have a 7x cleric on that server and go through a goldcharm a day. And that is if I am just grinding. I went through 4 of them on a bossday, in the faction I belong to, after the bosses went into 2 FB69 runs. So it really depends on what I do any given day. Yes it does get expensive and at times I just can not afford to go help with bosses or FB's. In cases where I am low on money and on my last charm I always go grinding for the entire charm then am able to afford 2-3 new charms and can help again.

TT runs especially are expensive as I not only need charms but also ressurection scrolls in case there is only me as cleric or we both die. I don't mind as I like helping people.

There is only one thing which drives me absolutely NUTS! Tanks complaining thier charms ticks once when you are healing them or worse having a tank who does not have a charm equipped as it is to expensive even when you know they have money and then say, I am the only cleric in party, "if your bubble alone can't keep me alive on this AOE boss then you are a bad cleric". And yes I do know some people like that. One of them even refusses to tank at all now. Wants other people to come tank so he can get his TT weapon or even to take bosses out. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wait... a TANK wants a TANK?!?!

LOL

Sounds like a real class act... >.<
  • Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear
    Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There is only one thing which drives me absolutely NUTS! Tanks complaining thier charms ticks once when you are healing them or worse having a tank who does not have a charm equipped as it is to expensive even when you know they have money and then say, I am the only cleric in party, "if your bubble alone can't keep me alive on this AOE boss then you are a bad cleric". And yes I do know some people like that. One of them even refusses to tank at all now. Wants other people to come tank so he can get his TT weapon or even to take bosses out. b:angry

My sympathies sister, know how you feel. Hope you never experience the pleasure where the tank manages to kill BOTH clerics, and everyone else survives... thinks thats "leeroy jenkins light edition" experience b:surrender

Quite the subject in action here. though the problem is that full mag clerics do not really heal longer (as charm thiks at 75%, and the recovering 25% for full mag is quite larger then for hybrid, so charm gets used up faster), but heal better due to 20% base magic attack addon.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

You can but it doesn't keep your charm from ticking. Instead of 100 per second it gives you 25 per second. BB costs 500 every 5 seconds.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You can but it doesn't keep your charm from ticking. Instead of 100 per second it gives you 25 per second. BB costs 500 every 5 seconds.

I think you were thinking of concentrate orbs, which give you 100 mana/second (or 25/second when you are in in combat, which apparently includes blue bubbles) for 10 minutes.

Arctic orbs give you 9000 mana over 30 seconds (and then take another minute and a half for your apothecary cooldown) and do not care whether you are in combat or not. (But, unfortunately, you can not use apothecary after you start casting.)
  • Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear
    Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think you were thinking of concentrate orbs, which give you 100 mana/second (or 25/second when you are in in combat, which apparently includes blue bubbles) for 10 minutes.

Arctic orbs give you 9000 mana over 30 seconds (and then take another minute and a half for your apothecary cooldown) and do not care whether you are in combat or not. (But, unfortunately, you can not use apothecary after you start casting.)

Or during the channeling of spells (as BB and RB channel till you run out of mana or pres ESC)
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Ah...true.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah Forp your way off point. Also to anwser your question yes it is very easy for me to sneak in mp potions to make it take longer for mp charm to tick. Also while doing this I am very positive I have used the whole potion in its entirety, and did not tick ounce the whole time it was used. Although this is a talent called skill and sad to say most other clerics i run across lack it.
  • Cradyn - Dreamweaver
    Cradyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    >_+ Idea!

If you get a cleric who happens to help you quite a bit and wish to repay them. Buy them a MP Charm :D

Easier than trying to get a rough ballpark figure for how much we have to spend to keep everyone else alive.

Personally...it's not about the money. Just the satisfaction of looking at the group and knowing they lived because you were there :) But who wouldn't say no to a few extra thousand mana every once in awhile(IMO clerics should get those **** half off b:angry )
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you farm for mats and drops, there are people who pitch in for charms so you can heal them.......rare tho xD
    b:dirty
  • Kasiel - Lost City
    Kasiel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    most economical way is mp event thingies. They can be bough at around 800 each and give 3k mana. So, 900000/3000= 300, 300x800= 240000 for an mp charm, basically, gold! They have a 15 seconds cooldown and can be used during BB. So, I have no need to have a hiero, really. I used about 30-40 during an entire HH run from chin to snake as I can make sure my mp usage is maximized by timing the event pots. Jiaozi? I think.