Soloing FB19

Options
Valeriewun - Sanctuary
Valeriewun - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
I was thinking of trying to solo FB19 just to see if I can now.

I have a magmite to tank, but I know that often the wolves pull in pairs. Should I just have him bash each one to get some aggro and let him tank two, or will I need to lure (hit/dismiss/resummon)?

Do you think its possible with a Magmite at 31 or 32?

Is it worthwhile to do?
Post edited by Valeriewun - Sanctuary on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was thinking of trying to solo FB19 just to see if I can now.

I have a magmite to tank, but I know that often the wolves pull in pairs. Should I just have him bash each one to get some aggro and let him tank two, or will I need to lure (hit/dismiss/resummon)?

Do you think its possible with a Magmite at 31 or 32?

Is it worthwhile to do?

It can be done at level 29, but you'll need Threaten on the golem, and possibly need to have finished the level 29 cultivation for Spark Eruption for Rend.

At your level I would lure the wolves one at a time just to be safe.

It might be. The ***Trial Pataka is on par (some would say better) with a level 27 ** crafted pataka which is why it won't need to be replaced until the late 30s when the level 27 pataka would normally be replaced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Getua - Sanctuary
    Getua - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm at level 34,and can solo a Fb19. But to be safe I get a Cleric.b:mischievous
  • KirathCra - Heavens Tear
    KirathCra - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Fb 19 can be soloed at level 33 with a golem, since you get an upgrade to your cure pet.

Take it easy, it's a long process, make sure you lure mobs one at a time and don't get hit to often^^ It took me about an hour when I tried it the first time.
  • Blooddevil - Harshlands
    Blooddevil - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thx for telling me tath i will go do some fb nowb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Xueling_ - Heavens Tear
    Xueling_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Can a Fox Form veno my level kill Rend without using a charm?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Can a Fox Form veno my level kill Rend without using a charm?

What do you mean by fox form veno? Do you use heavy amour, LA or arcane amour? I doubt you can solo him with heavy armour even with a charm.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What do you mean by fox form veno? Do you use heavy amour, LA or arcane amour? I doubt you can solo him with heavy armour even with a charm.

Heavy armor. I can get him to 50%, but then he does this thing that does lots of damage.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Level 28 heavy veno? Not gonna happen without a charm. Level 33 heavy can have their pet tank, though, and since at level 30 you'll be able to use the level 2 apo pots it would make the fight far easier.
  • Aliceliddel - Sanctuary
    Aliceliddel - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    With wine I soloed it at level 29 with a plain old unupgraded volcanic magmite, this was the elf fb19 so the boss could have less attack than Tromh and Razorjaw.

Also I'm pure build, uncharmed.

It could be possible at a lower level using two magmites instead of one.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Level 28 heavy veno? Not gonna happen without a charm. Level 33 heavy can have their pet tank, though, and since at level 30 you'll be able to use the level 2 apo pots it would make the fight far easier.

I had to tank due to having a grand total of 5 magic, and I figured out that the only way to kill Rend was to use a charm because at 50% if you are not standing next to him, he will bleed you to death. Ended up burning about 10k of the charm, one Life Powder, two Chaos Powder, and some pots.

Before the flames: I wanted to compare different builds, and their damage output.