Hello, everyone!

Ellerary - Harshlands
Ellerary - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
Hello, all.

I am quite new to this game and am learning about things, I just thought I would say hello to everyone on this server and ask a few basic questions.

I would love to join a guild who won't mind teaching a newbie the ropes and giving advice on playing a game. Also I will have no problems making additional characters just to help the guild (buffers, healers, ect..)

Also how is the roleplay part of the community? I'm used to playing games with a strong RP community and love participating in such things.

See you around everyone!
Post edited by Ellerary - Harshlands on

Comments

• Epic - Harshlands
    Epic - Harshlands Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hello, all.

I am quite new to this game and am learning about things, I just thought I would say hello to everyone on this server and ask a few basic questions.

I would love to join a guild who won't mind teaching a newbie the ropes and giving advice on playing a game. Also I will have no problems making additional characters just to help the guild (buffers, healers, ect..)

Also how is the roleplay part of the community? I'm used to playing games with a strong RP community and love participating in such things.

See you around everyone!

Hello and welcome to PWi! I'm sure factions will ask you to get some levels before accepting you. The RP community here is awesome in terms of RP hating each other.. That's about it.b:bye
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you want to role play then play on the PvE servers where people can't KoS you for it. And if you want to join a guild to level and get tips join any that invites you at low levels and work your way up to a stronger one.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Welcome to the game! I haven't come across any RP groups yet, but then I haven't been looking. I might at some point, having active avatars in a 3D world would add some interest to it. But the character cap would kill me as a literate RPer

To find a guild, keep your World Chat window active. Outside of Koffee's posts, you should be able to spot some relevant yellow-text (or white text) shouts about guilds accepting "any level" or level "1x+" or "2x+." If you're close to their minimum level, like only 1 or 2 off, some guilds might accept you since the low levels go quickly :)

It's also a good idea to pay more attention to the shouts that mention helping with bosses and the like. It's really easy to find guilds shouting that they'll help with FBs (the Call To Duty quests at 19, x9 & so on...), since higher levels get rewards in the form of drops from those. Bosses, however, take time to kill and give little reward if it isn't your quest, so having a guild that sets aside time for that is a huge plus :) You'll also want to ask the recruiters what the primary goals of the faction are - some are into random PvP and PK, others are more interested in leveling and quests, a lot are geared towards the TWs (territory wars) and dungeons/quests to get rare equipment. Since this is Harshlands, everyone's involved in the PvP at some point, just to different levels :)

While you're out on your quests, keep your eyes open for people killing the same types of mobs as you. Most will be happy to Squad with you to make the job go faster, and you should be able to find some connections that way. Not with everyone, but it ups your chances at least ^x^

If you see the character Lalarei, Lareish, or Pemarkre running around near you, send her a Whisper. That'd be me. ^x^ I'm heading for level goals on Lalarei and Lareish but I'd be happy to make a detour now and then to lend a hand. I say Whisper because I tend to have the Squad or Faction window active instead of World Chat so I don't see casual hellos from people around me ^x^;
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Ellerary - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Thank you for the replies, everyone.

As for the comments on roleplaying on a PvE server, I will eventually make a toon there. However, i do know in many games RP can survive on the PvP servers as well! Not everything has to be scripted and it keeps it more interesting that way.

Also this wasn't a post to join a guild immediately, but to say hello, and maybe find some people to help quest/level with me and get a feel of what's out there.

Thank you for the advice and I will look for some of you in game!
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    You caught me last night while my Cleric was up in Archosaur helping a couple players on their cultivation quest, so I was a little slow in responding to your messages. :) I should be back down in the Plume area in another day or two to get back to my own quests though, hope to see you around then ^x^
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

• Ellerary - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    That is quite alright. I was happy to speak with you! I understand people have things they want to do, so I don't expect any special treatment. I do like talking to people, as doing that seems to alleviate the grind in these games a bit. If at some time you want to do something, don't hesitate to ask, not sure If i will be able to help, but i'll sure try.
  • Epic - Harshlands
    Epic - Harshlands Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sounds like Ellerary has been doing some exploring.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    XD by "caught me" I meant she found me via Whisper :) I'm assuming you were back around Plume, though, Ellerary? To be frank, my Cleric should have been as well but I was flying backup for some BMs on their culti after one of my quests took me to City of the Lost & Etherblade. Not too bad of a flight over to Archo to grab a new waypoint from there, while helping friends :)

I keep getting waypoints before the game hands them to me. I'd been all over Timberfield with my Veno before she was Lv10 ^x^; I must say it's easier to travel as a Cleric though. More boring without the mobs to dodge but more efficient time-wise XD I will be quite glad when my other chars get to their mount quests. ^x^

Random Tip:
    Whenever you see a Teleporter, talk to them and bring up Teleport Service. A new Waypoint will be added so that you can port back to that town later when you're a high enough level to access the teleporter ;) when you get your first Teleporting quest, Etherblade/City of the Lost/Plume will automatically be added to your list. Archosaur will as well when you reach level 19. Or was it 20... But most of the towns, you have to add yourself by talking to the teleporter ^x^