Easter Event : Horrible as I thought it was?

Options
Requiemmoon - Dreamweaver
Requiemmoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Alright... so I've been hyped up on this for a while, thinking 'hey, maybe something will be really cool inside!' And, deep down in the dark cockles of my veno (side char) heart, I hoped there was phoenix tickets or herc tickets... Poor me. (But really, can you imagine a barb getting one? Poor boy...)

But in all honesty, this was probably one of THE WORST events... From what I saw, the eggs gave several 'Purple Eggs', which gave HP and MP regeneration. Did anyone else get anything different from these eggs? I hope so, because otherwise I lost quite a bit of faith (and sleep) for this event.

Now I have a pretty fast computer, but the sheer amount of venos with their pets out (and yes, I'm sure some got a huge kick out of bringing their bunnies and huggy hares out), as well as people on mounts, slowed it down. No offense to the venos, but maybe they can learn at other servers... Maybe?

As some people personally said, maybe it was just a server stress test.... Sure seemed like it ><.

Hopefully the GM's will be able to learn exactly what they did wrong (most of it) and what they did right (there was any of that?) And make better events in the future.

Better luck next time GM's, this one missed the mark for me.
Post edited by Requiemmoon - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    They didn't learn anything from the previous event. It's the same thing as that attack on archosaur, get a ton of people together in a tiny area to create a huge lagfest that barely anybody benefited from.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    <== Got TWO eggs. I was seriously thinking I wouldn't get one. b:laugh
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Hawki - Dreamweaver
    Hawki - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think the thought is what matters. At least they did something for us. Don't be so ungreatful.. We got what we got. Ty GMs. And happy easter to everyone!
  • Asaya - Dreamweaver
    Asaya - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    <== Got TWO eggs. I was seriously thinking I wouldn't get one. b:laugh

Lucky you ^.^
    I didn't get any.I knew I won't get any,so it's no big deal.
    Really,the lag was horrible.I couldn't do anything in the game,no moving,nothing.I abandoned the hunt halfway through,because I didn't have any reason to stay,since ,as I said,I couldn't even move.

Didn't mean to sound rude or ungrateful,and if I did,I'm terribly sorry.The idea of an event was really nice.
  • Novinha - Dreamweaver
    Novinha - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Really now... What do you expect when you go to events? It's all about chance. You might get something and you might not. In the end the experience can be a)enjoyable or b)horrible. I enjoyed it. Running around, attempting to get an egg. I saw probably 5+ eggs during my time there. I don't want to sound cheesy or anything but it's the thought that counts. An event is better than no events.

I looked up on pwdatabase and found out that some of the eggs would be +HP/MP... but I still attended. No idea what the other "goodies" were.

Gotta agree with you on this one: A definite no-no, were all the venos gathered there with their pets out. People were stalking what they though was the "easter bunny". It added to the lag and it ruined some of the experience. Let's not forget it wasn't just the venos who brought out there pets, but there were also lots of all-class pets out as well.

The other event (mob spawn) > Easter Event.
    Thanks for the event anyways, and happy Easter to all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well, thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately lag will always be a problem with this type of event (even though we made sure that the GM's spread out the 100 eggs over a wider area to thin out the crowds).

Truth be told, we're well aware of the 'lag' limitations based on the projected number of people participating as well as environment and NPC elements that affect performance but as is becoming the norm the actual number of players showing up is 50%+ greater then our initial projected turnout. This is not necessarily a good thing because it will slow things down considerably but on the flip side it truly demonstrates how 'active' each server really is.

We hope to schedule more weekend events like this in the future but may have to re-consider if lag affects the overall performance of the servers.

Happy Easter!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Nehpets_mi - Dreamweaver
    Nehpets_mi - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Being one of my first events i've been to since I've started playing PWI I thought it was interesting. It could have been better but I agree with Hawki that we should still thank the GMs for their thoughtfulness.

The only complaint that I have concerns how the eggs were dropped. The lag was annoying, but that was as expected. I just didn't like that you had to kill the bunnies/rabbits to get an egg, there were some players aoeing the mob so they were dead before others were able to reach them.

I would have preferred a one day only quest or "find the easter bunny" hunt. More people would have the opportunity to get a prize and it wouldn't be limited to a 25 minute event (for those players who couldn't log on during that time).

But overall, thanks GMs. Please continue on with your events, they give me a break from questing b:laugh.
  • Papa_bear - Dreamweaver
    Papa_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Trust me when I say that the GM/player relationship is one of the best I've seen in this game compared to others I have played.

That said, I went out and had a BBQ with my friends and family and had an easter egg hunt and got 20 bucks. HOLLAH.
    Executor of Dominion

Papa "Papi" Bear 6x barb of lovin's O_O
    ImaDUDEirl - veno
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Trust me when I say that the GM/player relationship is one of the best I've seen in this game compared to others I have played.

But Kantorek keeps suggesting I smell and Perill and FrankieRaye won't marry me. b:cry
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • kevincarlyle
    kevincarlyle Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    something to think about for the next event is disable all pets and mounts for the duration. that should help with the lag issue and level the playing field a little. just a idea
  • Novinha - Dreamweaver
    Novinha - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Maybe even picking a better location. A lot of newbies were confused. If you just joined or just logged in and you're near Inn of Eagle plus uber lag and a massive amount of players that ain't great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yep it pretty much sucked. Might be one of the worst events ever. There was a ton of lag and a lot of people still went egg-less. I actually got an egg and all there was inside of it were some charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Papa_bear - Dreamweaver
    Papa_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But Kantorek keeps suggesting I smell and Perill and FrankieRaye won't marry me. b:cry

Perhaps Kant's stench is stronger..than yoursb:shockedb:shockedb:
    Executor of Dominion

Papa "Papi" Bear 6x barb of lovin's O_O
    ImaDUDEirl - veno
  • Sharea - Dreamweaver
    Sharea - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Here's a thought,maybe having the event in 3 different areas at once. There would be smaller crowds. An event for each race with prizes specific for them. I don't know if that could be done.
    Thanks for trying. I still look forward to the next event. Whatever it maybe. Watching everyone run around was very entertaining.
    Another thought, maybe the monsters could have the eggs and we would have to kill them to find it. That would spread things out. Not all monsters would have an egg. You could spread them all over the map. Could that be done.

Important things to remember:

1) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

2) If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

3) If your going into an fb and the BladeMaster screams "LEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Another idea is to make weekend events span the entire map for a set amount of time. Rather than, say, 1 mob or collection of mobs spawning in a particular area, spread them out over the entire map.

While you'd still have to be lucky to get an event item, it's no different from being lucky enough to wade through lag and hundreds of players to get an item, only you would have neither the lag nor the other players, just a happy surprise if you got something.
  • Kageneko - Harshlands
    Kageneko - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    well, thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately lag will always be a problem with this type of event (even though we made sure that the GM's spread out the 100 eggs over a wider area to thin out the crowds).

Truth be told, we're well aware of the 'lag' limitations based on the projected number of people participating as well as environment and NPC elements that affect performance but as is becoming the norm the actual number of players showing up is 50%+ greater then our initial projected turnout. This is not necessarily a good thing because it will slow things down considerably but on the flip side it truly demonstrates how 'active' each server really is.

We hope to schedule more weekend events like this in the future but may have to re-consider if lag affects the overall performance of the servers.

Happy Easter!
    What was so wrong with snowman event? Why cant u make those events like that? What, Bunnies could not be spawned through whole Archo like snowman were? And create fair chance for more ppl to actually get somethin out of the whole event.

At least consider about it. Harshlands and Dreamweaver did not have their snowman like events. Those events actually brought old servers's economy on stable grounds. And gave a bunch of ppl, chance to gain nice prizes.

Cheers
    Working on sig atm, Im missing it due to lack of ideas.
  • Mythril - Dreamweaver
    Mythril - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i didn't bother to go to the event, and im glad i didn't. an event that doesn't work and has very litte benefit isn't appreciated. mabye give eggs a % to drop from mobs, that way as ppl play they can get them, also make it last a few days cus have a few minutes of event on a family holdiay is next to worthless. an exp bonus, inc drop rates, fast material spawns, etc...would all be good ideas for an event.

i'd like to say thanks for the event, but in my opinion it wasn't an event at all.

oh and im hosting a give away event, 100k to each person in the server that opens trade with me....ops i dont have 100k, but at least i "tried".b:bye