Alliance guild chat

Options
Granrey - Sanctuary
Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Suggestion Box
I wonder how dificult it is from a programing/software point of view to create a chat for guilds in alliance with others?

My question is because guilds could work eficiently in alliances (without merging)if we simply make a chat for them, similar to guild chat. The main guild in the alliance create the permisions to which guilds are allowed to participate in the chat.

Is this too dificult or it could create a problem game wise?
Post edited by Granrey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I thought PWI had "chat rooms" people could open up and invite only those they wanted in.

If not just use Ventrilo or run yahoo or msn chat in the background.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »
    I thought PWI had "chat rooms" people could open up and invite only those they wanted in.

I know those chat rooms, but you have to create/invite people everytime.

I mean a permanent chat same as guild chat.
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I wonder how dificult it is from a programing/software point of view to create a chat for guilds in alliance with others?

My question is because guilds could work eficiently in alliances (without merging)if we simply make a chat for them, similar to guild chat. The main guild in the alliance create the permisions to which guilds are allowed to participate in the chat.

Is this too dificult or it could create a problem game wise?

I'd love to see that in PW! Had a similar chat system in previous mmo's i played and it was damn good for getting a team up, not to mention having friends close even if they were in a different guild, but same alliance. It's pretty much like expanding the idea of a faction. The more, the merrier
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I remember having Alliance chat back in Rohan Online with a 5 guild clan.

Everday I see 1 line of useful text and 10 lines of random spam. Basically, I had to turn ALLIANCE CHAT OFF in order to see what my party or what my guild was saying.

The chat room is good enough, at least it doesn't get spammed up to hell with random stuff.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary
    Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »

If you use any program in the background the screen freezes and its too much trouble with chat rooms.