What Weapon do I shoose at lvl80?

ringeling
ringeling Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
Previous posts are a confusing...
Please help me choose the best lvl 80 Wizard weapon.
I like to hit hard.
Now I have Ashura's Sigh +4 (with a immaculate Sapphire in it).
I don’t care if I have to get a Mold or Sell my Ashura's or do many TT runs.
Just tell me what weapon hits hardest and is POSSIBLE to get in a couple weeks.
Post edited by ringeling on

Comments

• Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Endless ambiguity for -3 channeling?
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ringeling wrote: »
    Previous posts are a confusing...
    Please help me choose the best lvl 80 Wizard weapon.
    I like to hit hard.
    Now I have Ashura's Sigh +4 (with a immaculate Sapphire in it).
    I don’t care if I have to get a Mold or Sell my Ashura's or do many TT runs.
    Just tell me what weapon hits hardest and is POSSIBLE to get in a couple
    weeks.

Ashura's sign makes Yaksa crit Sword which ****ing sucks, and the hh90 sword from Yaksa is just outright repulsive, dont go down that path.

Griefs breath/Endless Ambiquity are a common choice.

The hh80 Glaive is nice too because it doesn't require any previous HH. And makes a very nice level 90 Weapon.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, it's Endless Ambiguity or Wheel of Life. WoL is the stronger one, more damage, but it has an unstable range. Endless Amb has the +HP and a more stable damage range. I personally think -3% channeling is useless, though.

I'm wanting to get the sword myself, simply because I hate the unstable damage the 79 glaive has been giving me.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yaksa may not be good, but sakra devanum lundra looks great. i plan to get this at 80. i'm not worried about going to 90 on sword because at 90 i'm changing to wheel of denied fate b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yaksa may not be good, but sakra devanum lundra looks great. i plan to get this at 80. i'm not worried about going to 90 on sword because at 90 i'm changing to wheel of denied fate b:victory

This is going to be my choice as well, despite people probably thinking I'm crazy. Of course I'm also planning to use the Acalantha wand at 70.
  • Elahim - Lost City
    Elahim - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    From a pure DPS perspective -3% channel > 1% crit. Figure about half your skill is channel half cast time so you get a -1.5% total cast time (for some skills 75% is channel, divine pyrogram). This translates to a +1.5-2.2% dps which is better than the +1% dps that crit would give you. Now myself I'ld prefer the crit because by definition crit gives you a higher burst damage and PvP is all about the burst damage. I don't know what you people have against the yaska, comparing it directly to Endless ambig,

EA: -3% channel, +165 HP (+16.5 vit), +Matk
    YA: +1% crit, +215 Pdef (+430 Pdef selfbuffed, +650 fully buffed), Mag +13

For PvP the crit>channel, the +13 Mag >>>>>>+Matk, and I'ld say the HP might beat out the Pdef but not by that much. Now in terms of the HH90 next step of each the Ambig wins out bigtime as the Wraith Conq is much better than the next level of Yaska.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:cry I like my Yaksa b:cry
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yaksa is a good sword for robe mages. i'm a LA mage until 90 so i'd rather have the hp from EA, however im still going for sakra: 2% crit, 12-13 vit, 70 matt b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I really like the pdef I'm getting from Sakyamuni's Light, which made me think I'd want to get Yaksa at 80 (and sell it at 90). But it's expensive to farm, and takes an insane 24 Ulti Subs. Endless Amb would have me competing with approximately all our clerics for mats, and they have 1st and 2nd pick (2 clerics on every run), compared to my 5th or 6th pick (depending on group composition).

I'm leaning towards the glaive now, mostly because it takes no TT70 wep, all of 1 sub, and has good damage. I'll just put the coins I save into pdef and hp.
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is going to be my choice as well, despite people probably thinking I'm crazy. Of course I'm also planning to use the Acalantha wand at 70.

lol, woot for 7 mills weap(not including souledge :p)

If u have the money, and ur LA, u prolly love this sword ^^

Too bad the Golden spirits are so dang expensive :/

P.S.: Talking bout Sakra :p
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Realistically how much would it cost to have a full set of armour with -3% channeling?

Also is Sakya worth getting at 70?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol, woot for 7 mills weap(not including souledge :p)

If u have the money, and ur LA, u prolly love this sword ^^

Too bad the Golden spirits are so dang expensive :/

P.S.: Talking bout Sakra :p

Lol, I cube everyday so by 80 I should have all the chips I need to buy the gold mats.