Will there EVER be any char transfer?

rajara
rajara Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Hello, I have been a long veteran of PW, and I want to know if there is any way to get my character or items from the original Malaysia server, or if there will ever be a way to get that. It seems that the original players should have an option to ditch the Malaysia one and join the International!
Post edited by rajara on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There are no transfer options.

They do have an option: re-roll and start from level 1 like everyone else did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol, i seriously doubt that PWE will allow character and item transfers from a different PW version run by a competitively company...
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    they dont even let you switch from server to server that they run why would they let you transfer your character/items from some other company?
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Perhaps a more legitimate option would be to allow players on a PVE server to transfer to other PVE servers run by PWI, or allow PVP server players to swap amongst the other PVP servers in this version.

The company doesn't do this because they don't want to disrupt the "level balance" or economy of any server, and doing so would result in a loss of profit for PWI. Why let characters transfer items instead of making them buy them all over again?

One solution that they could implement would be to allow players to buy a "server swap" item from the cash-shop that would cost a noticeable amount (like 100 gold) for a ONE TIME server swap that is the same as your current server (pvp to pvp or pve to pve).

Transfer from a Malaysian server is a joke. And its still a risky thing to do for the GM's, because it could potentially over-populate or under-populate an entire server, or just disrupt game play even more than what is currently QQ'd about.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Aside from that, the client version is different, with different items.

Although they really should let you transfer from servers within PWI. What's the point of having separate east coast servers if it doesn't take much load off older servers? It's not just a matter of one individual willing to give up everything and reroll. Being MMO, all your friends must be able and willing to move and reroll with you. Convincing everyone out of an entire web of connected players is utterly impossible. So populations of new servers remain low for years until new player base builds up.
  • rajara
    edited April 2009
    Well, thats lame. Ah well, so much money wasted on there. time to start over from level one. XD
    edited April 2009
    rajara wrote: »
    Well, thats lame. Ah well, so much money wasted on there. time to start over from level one. XD

You can always sell the account for real world cash like a whole lot of people do. Yes, it's against TOS, but people do it anyway to redeem cost and make starting over easier. It's a natural development resulting from the restrictions in place. Not saying you should, or that this is in any way justified. Only that the company made a choice, so now they live with the consequences.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Character transfers wouldn't be fair to people that never played other versions. Imagine joining at the very start and having a truckload of high levels automatically running the show.
  • Raika - Harshlands
    Raika - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hawk wrote: »
    Character transfers wouldn't be fair to people that never played other versions. Imagine joining at the very start and having a truckload of high levels automatically running the show.

*cough*jollyjonesoracles*cough*
    edited April 2009
    Aside from that, the client version is different, with different items.

Although they really should let you transfer from servers within PWI. What's the point of having separate east coast servers if it doesn't take much load off older servers? It's not just a matter of one individual willing to give up everything and reroll. Being MMO, all your friends must be able and willing to move and reroll with you. Convincing everyone out of an entire web of connected players is utterly impossible. So populations of new servers remain low for years until new player base builds up.

Actually, it really does come down to an individual being willing to re-roll on a different server since, at no point, is it necessary to convince everyone to re-roll. I mean, by your logic, if someone didn't want to re-roll because they liked the server it would cause a hang-up because then not everyone wanted to re-roll.

Hypothetical: transfers were allowed for X amount of gold.

A player has 10 friends that are on the older server, and wants to transfer to the new server, and has the required amount of gold. If two of his 10 friends do not have, or are unwilling to get for whatever reason, the X gold needed to transfer does that mean no one will transfer? What if 4 of his friends simply cannot afford to transfer, or simply don't want to? Does that mean the other 7 players cannot or won't transfer?

By your "web" argument, must we also take into account the friends of the 10 players as well?

Excluding a transfer option, is it really true that all of a player's friends must re-roll with them? Does five players not being willing to re-roll mean no one will re-roll? If the friends of the initial ten friends decide to not re-roll, does that mean that the ten friends will decide to not re-roll based on that?

This is where the "web" argument starts to break down because it's trying to make the claim that everyone in the web of friends must re-roll, or none will re-roll.

True, there are some who will not re-roll if their friends do not re-roll, but that is not true of everyone who has friends or is part of a closely knit group on a server. Some simply will re-roll even if no one else will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009

That induce people to buy gold, so it's all good.b:laugh

So yeah, sell the old account for cash, use it on oracles in new account... It's all good.b:victory
    edited April 2009
    Actually, it really does come down to an individual being willing to re-roll on a different server since, at no point, is it necessary to convince everyone to re-roll. I mean, by your logic, if someone didn't want to re-roll because they liked the server it would cause a hang-up because then not everyone wanted to re-roll.

Hypothetical: transfers were allowed for X amount of gold.

A player has 10 friends that are on the older server, and wants to transfer to the new server, and has the required amount of gold. If two of his 10 friends do not have, or are unwilling to get for whatever reason, the X gold needed to transfer does that mean no one will transfer? What if 4 of his friends simply cannot afford to transfer, or simply don't want to? Does that mean the other 7 players cannot or won't transfer?

By your "web" argument, must we also take into account the friends of the 10 players as well?

Excluding a transfer option, is it really true that all of a player's friends must re-roll with them? Does five players not being willing to re-roll mean no one will re-roll? If the friends of the initial ten friends decide to not re-roll, does that mean that the ten friends will decide to not re-roll based on that?

This is where the "web" argument starts to break down because it's trying to make the claim that everyone in the web of friends must re-roll, or none will re-roll.

True, there are some who will not re-roll if their friends do not re-roll, but that is not true of everyone who has friends or is part of a closely knit group on a server. Some simply will re-roll even if no one else will.

Wow, you have to type all that to express something so simple? Simplify...b:chuckle

If transfer is allowed, more people will move. If 8 out of every 10 of your friends move, you'll be tempted to go along with the 8. You may not like losing the 2, but you'll go with the 8 since there's no choice. Now, almost no one moves, so you stay on the old server.b:victory
    edited April 2009
    Wow, you have to type all that to express something so simple? Simplify...b:chuckle

It's never as simple as you wish it to be.
    If transfer is allowed, more people will move. If 8 out of every 10 of your friends move, you'll be tempted to go along with the 8. You may not like losing the 2, but you'll go with the 8 since there's no choice. Now, almost no one moves, so you stay on the old server.b:victory

There is always a choice. The choice is to move or not move, and at no point is that choice removed. They have the option at all times to simply not move. It is erroneous to make the claim they have no choice but to move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009

lol it's not the same. Imagine guilds of lvl 95-100 with full +10 sets and stuff like that...

The highest lvls on these servers would be crying. b:shocked
    edited April 2009
    It's never as simple as you wish it to be.

There is always a choice. The choice is to move or not move, and at no point is that choice removed. They have the option at all times to simply not move. It is erroneous to make the claim they have no choice but to move.

If 8 out 10 of your friends move, and you don't have to reroll, you'll move. If 1 out of 100 move, and you have to reroll, you won't move.

Yes, there are morons out there, but those are rare.b:chuckle
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You can always sell the account for real world cash like a whole lot of people do. Yes, it's against TOS, but people do it anyway to redeem cost and make starting over easier. It's a natural development resulting from the restrictions in place. Not saying you should, or that this is in any way justified. Only that the company made a choice, so now they live with the consequences.

telling people to break the tos is banable i believe.
    edited April 2009
    If 8 out 10 of your friends move, and you don't have to reroll, you'll move.

If the transfers were free, maybe, but if the transfers cost more than a bit, that is not necessarily going to be the case.

Guilds have broken up because some of them could not afford to pay to transfer their characters, and opted to stay even though 80% of their friends just left.
    If 1 out of 100 don't move, and you have to re-roll, you won't move.

Which is it? 8 out of 10, or 99 out of 100?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Character tranfers? *Shrugs* Nah....

Gold/Money tranfers? Yes please!
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The only scenario I see, where they would allow character transfers. Would be, if their player base started dwindling and announce that they're taking down some servers. Providing an option to have characters on the servers to be closed, to move on another server.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • rajara
    edited April 2009
    If they had money transfers I'd be happy, my account has over 300m stockpiled that I had saved up. If they allowed simple money transfers, that would be amazing. But then again, it poses a threat of economy issues...
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This won't happen as has already been stated again and again.

Even within PWI, how do you think the majority of players on the new servers would react?

Many went there for a chance to not be months behind the high levels, and even the people who are in the top 50 there now would be extremely angry if PWI changed their stance and let others transfer.

Even oracles didn't get people past around 70... imagine the level 95+ players transfering.

Money transfers would be the same... it's simply impossible to accrue that magnitude of coin without being a high level. Allowing that would give advantages to players who played on previous servers (PWI or MY-EN), and would make most of the people on the server the money is going to angry.

No one is forcing anyone to switch. Let those who do enjoy the reasons they did.
  • Senyo - Heavens Tear
    Senyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would like to be able to switch from server to server. Obviously you would have to take into account the average character lvl of the destination server. I would allow several months of lvling on the new sever before allowing any high lvl character to move.
    Lets say a lvl 80 character wants to move, then you just have to make sure that he wouldn't be overpowered on the destination server. Put some rules into effect, like only allowing a character to move if the destination server had a certain percentage of members at lvl 80+.
    This would prevent high lvls to dominate over a server just because they moved.
    What would be nice too is inter server mail. maybe charge 5000 instead of 500 coin. But then the company would loose profit on cash shop items... so unfortunately that wouldn't work.

Edit: I just thought of another problem... this would also have to allow players to change their name, since the name could already be taken on the destination server. Unless you add a tag to each player to show what server he's from. but I'm afraid that would require some major re-programing.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Character transfers could really **** up the balance on servers as Lost City players could just hop servers and take over the map by levels and experience very quickly. Also each server has their own unique item- each server has only 1 golden lion mount(maybe two after the easter event) so it would ruin that special feeling they get from being unique.

Remember you always have the option to start fresh on any server.

Also if you thought about it hard enough and long enough you could probably use item transfers between servers to exploit a part of the game.

Although I do kinda sympathise with players who wish to transfer their gold to another server-but that could negatively affect PWI's Zhen profits which help the game to be free for all to play and pay for the maintenance of order and updates of this awesome game.

That was a long one *phew*
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Riaga - Heavens Tear
    Riaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The only reason I switched to PWi is because it has much better and updated text and more fluent English, a bit better UI and a few other things. if they added that to the MY version, then I'd be glad to continue where I left off, especially if they added a "turn off PvP" option on it. Even from higher levels. Unless there already was one. (Its been a year since I played)