Archer maxed skills?

Options
Stewarts - Heavens Tear
Stewarts - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
Well, I'm new, and I've noticed you get new skill points all the time, and your using them constantly to upgrade your skills. My question is, why is everybody asking what skills I should and shouldn't max? Not saying like I'm all smart an all, but it seems like even if you don't have enough skill points to upgrade a skill, you could go kill some mobs, and get the skill points needed. Maxing it just makes sense to me, but again, I'm new. What am I missing here? Also, bows, crossbows, and slingshots, which ones should I use?
Post edited by Stewarts - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mvm - Lost City
    Mvm - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It would take ages for you to grind the skill points you need. The best way is to do quests. Much faster.
  • Stewarts - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, the things from quests too. :P So is there a reason not to max skills? and Crossbows, bows, slingshots. I mainly see crossbows with the 20+ people, and bows with the below that. What makes each so great?
  • Mvm - Lost City
    Mvm - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Read the post here, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148942 answers a lot of questions you need answeres to.
    The only reason to not Max a skill is because you will not likely has enough pints for them later on in the game. So only level the skills you need, and more usefull skills.
  • Stewarts - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks. C:
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well sure... you could go and kill some mobs to get more spirit... but then Oops... you levelled... and you NEED more spirit for those new abilities that just got unlocked. So while spirit is unlimited... its only in the higher levels that you can actually have enough for everything.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.