Den of Rabid Wolves: Kill Darkbreed Wolfkin

Options
Rhodopis - Lost City
Rhodopis - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm at Level 18 and I just got this quest. I've already died once (somewhat luckily enough, my pet hasn't died on this quest because I died before it could >_<). Are there any strategies to beating this quest right away? Or should I just trash it and take up the other ones and wait until I'm at a higher level or in a guild?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lost City Player: Rhodopis (Veno)
Post edited by Rhodopis - Lost City on

Comments

• Cookie - Dreamweaver
    Cookie - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    When you do your FB19......
    you should get the 5 kills you need.
    or you can team up with someone else your level
    to do this quest makes things a bit easier
    since i believe they are elite mobs.
    correct me if im wrong
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    First thing you want to do is make sure your pet has agro before attacking the mob. If you get a add switch your pet to the second and just heal pet till one of them dies. This should help I hope.

kristiona
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you want to be able to beat the quest easily get the help of a cleric. They can fly, so they'll be out of range of the wolfkin's attacks, but still be in range to heal you. Plus they can buff you to be more resistant to the wolfkin's attacks.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Kristiona's method works wonder; I could solo all the 5 wolfkins I needed by letting my magmite take aggros and heal him while throwing in a few DoT to make the killing faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Rhodopis - Lost City
    Rhodopis - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your replies. Sorry if this sounds stupid somewhat, but what exactly is an aggro? =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City Player: Rhodopis (Veno)
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Aggro is another way to describe the mobs hate. If you attack before your pet has established aggro or hate over your pet then it will come after you.

kristiona
  • Valeriewun - Sanctuary
    Valeriewun - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    At 19 my magmite could probably have handled tanking one, the problem is they usually aggroed in pairs. I would recommend waiting until until you do your FB19, those FB mobs are just too hard solo. Usually there are a couple of higher level players hanging about the den entrance looking to help people with FB19 and often they will help you kill the couple that spawn just outside of the fence there while they wait.
  • dadonz
    dadonz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    whats FB19