payment for power lvling

_foxy_devil_ - Heavens Tear
_foxy_devil_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
What is usually expected payment for power lvling a char. I just need to get very high lvl. Quickly and I would be willing to pay......in-game.
Post edited by _foxy_devil_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't know if people actually do it, but powerlevelling would be very inefficient. If there is a large difference in level between squad members, their experience gain is lowered.
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not to mention if you do just have someone powerlevel you then you do not learn how to play your class and end up being the type of player people try to avoid squading with.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Till lvl 30 at least, doing quest will make you lvl extremely fast (just my opinion). The quests are rather short, and give a lot of exp.
    Not to mention if you do just have someone powerlevel you then you do not learn how to play your class and end up being the type of player people try to avoid squading with.

Now this is entirely true! I noticed a couple of times that player of a decent lvl (lets say 40+, when you should have an understanding of the basics) ask really stupid questions. For instance a lvl4x non veno class that asks how to tame a pet b:shocked (really happend) Or asking how to make weapons glow, what a call to duty tablet is, etc.

I've noticed several times that, while in a squad, the player didn't know how to play well with a barb (not waiting for me to have done at least 1 hit to each mob before aoe or heal, making me roar or run all the time). I don't want to say that I'm the greatest around and all, but when in a squad I know what to do and keep aggro without any trouble from higher lvl DDs. I like to lvl, but just buying the exp all the time or "getting lvled" wouldn't give any satisfaction.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Power leveling does not excist in this game.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not only will your EXP become horrible and tiny with a high level character in your group (irregardless of who does the killing) but killing monsters higher level than you gives horrible EXP...That is really annoying and somewhat stupid IMO if you have what it takes to kill something 5-6 levels higher you will get nothing good for it.
  • Khish - Dreamweaver
    Khish - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Not only will your EXP become horrible and tiny with a high level character in your group (irregardless of who does the killing) but killing monsters higher level than you gives horrible EXP...That is really annoying and somewhat stupid IMO if you have what it takes to kill something 5-6 levels higher you will get nothing good for it.

personally I believe its to have you do envoy's & other cycles, that way it gets you used to farming for rep.
    Antcy - inactive - HT
    Khish - Active - Dream
    ???? - Semi Active - Dream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the typical payment is a banhammer i hear
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you meant having someone use your account and play your character for you to get that high level... than Mosz is correct about the payment. It's against the TOS to share your account/character with other people. Not to mention extremely risky for you - you've just given someone your password and the ability to mail all your items to themself. And you'll have no recourse with the GM's because, whether you lose the items or not, you broke the TOS by letting someone else into your account so it's your loss.

But if you just want to level faster, do Quests. Spam the Find Quest button, mark the NPCs in your Coordinates, and stack their quests together in your Tracker. A lot of the time you'll be told to kill mobs that all gather in the same area. Each completed quest can get you 1/8 to 1/4 to even 1/2 of the way to your next level up. The EXP you gain from actually killing the mobs gets you even further. If you quest for a few hours it's possible to gain 5-10 levels, or even more, depending on how quickly you work, which quests you do, and what level you're starting at. You should still have plenty of quests 'round level 20.
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Pathion - Heavens Tear
    Pathion - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You may try purchasing Gold though cash shop (Charging your Zen). Then go to player shops or auction house and buy some Scarlet Fruit.. at lowest levels you should get a a level out of each one that you eat. diminishing resuts as you go up in level though.. when you get to lev 30 you can do the (Daily Quest) in archosaur for some good xp too.