build question

cherrio
cherrio Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
what build do you think more suits me....Archer or BM
-i like to pvp so i dont want a build that gets there a.ss kicked easily.
-i want a char that can perform well in pve aswell.
-being able to fly at lvl 1 isnt a bid deal for me.
-i like to have pretty good dmg but i also dont like dieing.
-i also like to grind in a group.

If someone could help me out on this it would be appreciated b:pleased
Post edited by cherrio on

Comments

• Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Archer

grind in groups and away from combat for the most part, so less death chance. PvP archer and BM are play-style choices and you will die a lot no matter what, but I feel archer has the edge in PvE based on your criteria above.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    both archer and BM fit in that description. Difference is: archer has a higher damage while BM has a higher defence. Check build guides for details on each build and see which fits your game style best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Existzero - Harshlands
    Existzero - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am an archer myself and if you dont want to die from a few hits your better off with BM with archer you do a lot of running to avoid hits. If you do get hit buy an enemy a mere 3 levels higher than you expect a good chunk of your hp to go out the window.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As a BM myself i would suggest you choose a BM. We do well both in groups and solo as we are like the jack of all trades. so everything is normal. we dont do insane dmg, dont die easy. we are balanced. while archers and other chars are more imbalance in a certain way meaning they deal higher dmg at the cost of lower def and all. for example in groups we can be a back up tank and the only buff skill you can offer your party would be golden bell i think but it is a really good skill for a barb so you would be able to find parties. we do well in pvp too but not as well as an archer at higher lvls. I heard that they are one of the strongest in pvp.

However,as a BM, you would also have to choose your weapon. There are 4 kinds, the fist, sword, spear and the axe. I personally have seem fist BMs but they are really rare and although many say they suck but I dont discriminate against them as you could say they perform the best out of all the BMs in pvp as what other people say. most would go for axe BMs as they grind the fastest due to 360 AOE attacks at the later lvls. Fist and Axe are 2 opposite kinds. For example if fist is 100% Fist and Axe is 100% Axe, you could say that sword is 25% axe and 75% fist and spear is 25% fist and 75% axe. you can get more info on the builds from here>>> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481

According to your info, you like PvE and PvP. I would suggest a BM as archers are more to PvP. Out of all the class, BMs would be the only one that balance out everything. PvE and PvP are balance. However in territory wars, everyone have their own role so in this "massive PVP" depends really on how strong your clan is and how good is their strategy. So BM is the choice for you since you like both PvP and PvE
  • cherrio
    cherrio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    so which type of BM do you think suits me the best?
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    cherrio wrote: »
    what build do you think more suits me....Archer or BM
    -i like to pvp so i dont want a build that gets there a.ss kicked easily.
    -i want a char that can perform well in pve aswell.
    -being able to fly at lvl 1 isnt a bid deal for me.
    -i like to have pretty good dmg but i also dont like dieing.
    -i also like to grind in a group.

If someone could help me out on this it would be appreciated b:pleased

Clerics fare well in PvP.

Clerics are the second best PvE class

Clerics can fly at level 1, BMs cannot.

Clerics have outstanding damage, We spike higher than archers.

Clerics are always needed for group grinding.

Your class - Cleric
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well is true clerics are great class. In fact their only weakness falls in their low physical def and low health so if you would go with clerics, just dont get it that often. The other con is that clerics are really expensive cause of their skills and mana pots. If you want to go with BM, I would suggest going with axe BM although i am a sword BM. Axe Bm dont perform as well in PvP but they are pretty decent and they are great in PvE due to all their AOE skills. So you will have to decide between BM or Cleric yourself. Anyway if you are in lost city, you could find me. My IGN is Averian.
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Clerics fare well in PvP.

Clerics are the second best PvE class

Clerics can fly at level 1, BMs cannot.

Clerics have outstanding damage, We spike higher than archers.

Clerics are always needed for group grinding.

Your class - Cleric

if you don't mind wasting money in pots/charms like a maniac, suit yourself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]