delete last patch pls

Options
KokkieVenom - Heavens Tear
KokkieVenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
Hello Admins,
I was wondering if you could delete the last patch.
It gives us laggs and it gives us server errors.
So far i have died 9 times because of the lagg and server errors.
So did about 25 other ppl i spoke.
Pls do something about it.

KokkieVenom
Post edited by KokkieVenom - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lag is caused by network latency and user hardware being overwhelmed (98% of the time).

For networking issues, please see here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

Make sure that your computer meets the system requirements listed at the bottom here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

If you would like us to take a look at your computer system and see what is going on, follow the directions of this post: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

and then add that info to your ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

We will take a look at those log files and try to give you feedback! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • GrYnnAn - Sanctuary
    GrYnnAn - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lag is caused by network latency and user hardware being overwhelmed (98% of the time).

I'm not sure it's the l8st patch that caused it, but the lags are extreme, and everyone in my faction is having lag issues.

But this time, it seems not to be "overwhelmed user hardware", more like "unmaintained servers" issues. b:chuckle
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Me is lagging to along with my friends.
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Options
    While we appreciate your opinions on lag and such, the Tech Support Zone is not a forum for making accusations, or trying to cause an argument, get flames going, etc. Please see the OTHER PWI forums for that b:chuckle

There are an insane amount of players on all of our servers that are playing just fine (including our Mods and staff worldwide.)

Review these links listed here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1260281&postcount=31

Test your connections here: http://ping.eu and this website helps you seek out regional issues for your part of the planet: http://www.internettrafficreport.com/
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    man, you gms got cool avatar picss xD, but i had lag yesterday and it went away today :D just takes some time
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Strange that when we your customers are complaining about that the game not are working "like we are used to".
    Meaning for me i played since closed beta. And i can assure you something is wrong at the moment. I know my computer and i know whats normal and whats not on my end.

At the moment something is wrong on traffic between my computer and your servers. Both forums and game are working terrible.
    Im not saying its your servers but take a look at this traceroutes and maybe you get a hint to where too start looking.
    And please dont tell me to check this and that on my end. This is not my end.

I hope this get fixed soon cause today it costed me 6 angels and alot of petfood.

Have a nice day

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/
    1 192.168.1.254 dsldevice.lan 47ms
    2 10.244.130.105 unknown 47ms
    3 195.54.104.21 unknown 47ms
    4 146.172.74.65 ti3080a210-pc5.ti.telenor.net 47ms
    5 146.172.88.137 ti3080d320-ge2-0-0.ti.telenor.net 47ms
    6 0.0.0.0 unknown 1968ms
    7 146.172.99.194 ti3004c310-ae6-0.ti.telenor.net 141ms
    8 146.172.105.98 ti9004b300-as0-0.ti.telenor.net 140ms
    9 198.32.160.185 cr2-nyiix-peer.nym009.internap.net 141ms
    10 66.79.146.210 cr1.wdc005.inappnet-73.cr1.nym009.internap.net 219ms

12 66.79.146.74 cr1.sje007.inappnet.cr1.wdc005.internap.net 218ms

15 66.151.149.50 edge1.ve255.sje-sje004-763.sje004.pnap.net 219ms

And this:

http://pwigc3.perfectworld.com/
    1 192.168.1.254 dsldevice.lan 62ms
    2 10.244.130.105 unknown 62ms
    3 195.54.104.21 unknown 31ms
    4 146.172.74.65 ti3080a210-pc5.ti.telenor.net 31ms
    5 146.172.88.137 ti3080d320-ge2-0-0.ti.telenor.net 31ms
    6 0.0.0.0 unknown 1656ms
    7 146.172.99.194 ti3004c310-ae6-0.ti.telenor.net 141ms
    8 146.172.105.98 ti9004b300-as0-0.ti.telenor.net 141ms
    9 198.32.160.185 cr2-nyiix-peer.nym009.internap.net 156ms

13 66.79.148.130 core4.sje.inappnet-28.cr1.sje007.internap.net 219ms

16 74.201.126.2 edge2.ve101.sje004.pnap.net 203ms

And a who is for nr6:

WhoIs lookup for 0.0.0.0:

OrgName: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
    OrgID: IANA
    Address: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
    City: Marina del Rey
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 90292-6695

NetRange: 0.0.0.0 - 0.255.255.255
    CIDR: 0.0.0.0/8
    NetName: RESERVED-1
    NetHandle: NET-0-0-0-0-1
    Parent:
    NetType: IANA Special Use
    Comment: Please see RFC 3330 for additional information.
    RegDate:
    Updated: 2002-10-14

OrgAbuseHandle: IANA-IP-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Number
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-310-301-5820
    OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@iana.org

OrgTechHandle: IANA-IP-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Number
    OrgTechPhone: +1-310-301-5820
    OrgTechEmail: abuse@iana.org

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2009-04-08 19:10
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Traceroutes WILL stop at our firewall for the game servers, because it is not authorized game traffic.

You can not do an outside ping all the way to our servers that way.

If your ISP is 3 hops or less to a major backbone, you will have less networking issues.

I understand your frustration with the game connection issues but, currently, tech support issues reported by our users are close to 0.004 (no typo) percent of our user base.

We try to help everyone with their connection issues, as multiplayer gaming isn't always smooth especially on the internet.

When connection issues start to get closer to the 1.00-4.00% mark of our user base, then we do feel that there is a major issue going on with our game servers.
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The problem is noticeable on server.
    Just go to Lost City west Archosaur and see how many people DC'ed (number of Cat Shops)
    I don't know why these connection issues appear but I'm preety sure it's server side not client. Doesn't happen that often but it does.
    Btw. 0.004 % of user base, how many not active user accounts in user base and how many people who didn't report it to tech support..
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I know traceroutes aka pings get stopped at your servers. I was not pointing at your servers at all.
    I said something is wrong with the traffic not your servers.

Nr 6 aint your server is it?
    My understanding is that its a hub routing the traffic between your servers and my. Its not behaving normal!
    Even if some hubs dont list info when doing a tracert they shall still let the ping from the trace go true without a latency over 1600. Shall it not? all the other hubs on the way are.

Your in US and im in Sweden so a phonecall from you to the listed owner of that hub would be much appreciated.

I had the exact problem before with a hub in Holland and it took freaking 5 days before they fixed it.
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Options
    User base=active players.

Thanks for the info, am passing it along! b:victory

EDIT: I am not saying your issues aren't important to us. All I was saying was that we have to have enough feedback from you all to show to the engineers and devs so that we can get things resolved.
  • Xearontry - Heavens Tear
    Xearontry - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hey, maybe this could be the problem that I was having too with connecting to Heaven's Tear server. Last patch released on 9th and it was yesterday that I started having problems.

I couldn't play in the server cause my characters were not shown for me to select after logging in. Strangely other servers didn't seem to have that problem. The problem corrected it self after I ran the "verify" thingy but it seems it hasn't solved anything since I'm again unable to play in the Heaven's Tear server. I too noticed huge pings, 1000+ms, but thought it was some kinda problem that has to do with my ISP.

Please look into this. There might be some thing wrong with the patch.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I understand your frustration with the game connection issues but, currently, tech support issues reported by our users are close to 0.004 (no typo) percent of our user base.

Probably because the 99.006% remaining don't bother to report everytime they get a server error in West Archo, an unexpected disconnection, or major lag.

Yet, a lot of players from my guild are getting those server error / disconnection / lag. When I get some lag spikes, I ask in GC if anyone else got it, and invariably, I'm not the only one. Chances are the problem is on your side, not on ours.

If that's what you want, I'll sent a ticket every time I'm having a server error....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    (In this post wherever I mention "lag" I mean (highly) noticable network latency or its results. Seriously I know the difference between graphical lag and network lag very well thanks.)

Earlier today during the new server day (0:00 PST) on HT before and shortly after all was well. In fact HT seemed to be fine everytime I checked more or less for me until now. Dreamweaver has been lagging all day today and still is now. Usually relogging in or restarting PWI clears up the severe lag....today it's not working at all, even after restarting the computer. It can't be my ISP or router because my laptop next to me is still connected and is fine right now.

I'm still running PWI on my laptop next to me and has been logged in (to HT) for quite a while now but (dun dun duuun!) there's no lag (there was a bit of lag earlier for it earlier though). Everyone's still moving constantly, the guild window updates nearly straight away, etc. The wireless LED also is constantly flickering at least all the time I look anyway, which just mean there's network activity (and lots of it).

But right now, although my alt account is still logged in HT on my laptop even as I type this, Dreamweaver has been lagging unbearably every time I've came on today and now HT is doing so too for my main. The lag is not consistant, rather just about 50 - 75% of the time usually delaying everything (or most things?) from a few seconds to as much as half a minute or so. Basically it's just lots and lots of long major lag surges.

I can elaborate on anything if needed, so just ask.

The lag doesn't affect everyone at the same time, just a select few maybe. Maybe PWI prioritizes certain accounts at certain times under certain conditions? I have no idea, it just seems that way. Weird and damn right annoying (sounds like me on a good day :P).
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

Try not running both games on your network at the same time.

Contact your ISP and ask them if they are doing any changes, or have throttling enabled for your account.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My router haz a 4 - 6 megabit connection to my ISP according to its stats, and usually I don't have this problem but today and especially right now (or about 10 - 15 minutes ago) I have. Under my main both HT and DW was lagging badly. HT was fine earlier up until now. I guess I can try logging under my main on my laptop and experiment further, so I shall post more info later/tomorrow. b:pleased
    Non-mule alts:

• darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Options
    @Chabi

The feedback from our engineers is that this hop:

6 0.0.0.0 unknown 1656ms

is via your ISP directing traffic through that spot (which is in Europe), and is not from our servers. That is the way your ISP is directing your data packets for some reason.

Call your ISP and ask them why traffic is going through that hop, and that you are having issues with it. Maybe they can look into it. Or, you may be stuck with it.

Such is the way of the internet *sigh* b:sad

Hope that helps you some. b:pleased
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    No noticable lag problems at all on either servers for me today.
    Non-mule alts:

This discussion has been closed.