Suggestion: Value Added Service

Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Ive noticed in other MMOs they let you pay to transfer servers, like 10$ or so a character, so I thought it'd be a nice idea to throw out here, to allow transfers between the 3 -older- servers.

1. limit to money you can take
2. limit to items/gears you can take
3. put a cool down period on how many times you can transfer in a given amount of time, so people dont just abuse it :P

anyways feel free to comment
Post edited by Tearvalerin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Would suck for the newer servers. I've seen a game that opened a new server advertisiing "fresh starts for all". Then like a month later they started allowing transfers from the old server. Everyone was like wtf? All the super high powered people started coming over and like a week into it...you couldn't tell the old from the new lol. That game is no longer around though.
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Would suck for the newer servers. I've seen a game that opened a new server advertisiing "fresh starts for all". Then like a month later they started allowing transfers from the old server. Everyone was like wtf? All the super high powered people started coming over and like a week into it...you couldn't tell the old from the new lol. That game is no longer around though.

Reading helps b:victory
  • Chappy_Happy - Heavens Tear
    Chappy_Happy - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Crazy idea. b:laugh
    -Cost for transfer is Level = Gold
    -Transfer weapon only
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if they did that all the people on the new servers who sold their accounts when they switched would cry because they wouldnt have a character to transfer over anymore...that would be so funny.
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is not malpestory.

I do not want the carebears who worked their way up on carebear server to jump to the PVP server simply because they've had enough (because that would just be cheating the gank system, and we can't have that!). Nor do I want PVP server players to go from one server to the other, because again that would be cheating the ganking system (also there would have to be strict rules for server transfers and TW).

However, I'm well in favor of exporting people from any PVP server to a carebear server. b:dirty
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    LC players are especially afraid of high level HT players with no PK experience suddenly jumping into LC and killing all the hardcore PKers simply because of better gear and higher level, showing the entire world that PK in PW is shallow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Reading helps b:victory

He edited his post. In the original it said nothing about older servers nor was that list there.
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    LC players are especially afraid of high level HT players with no PK experience suddenly jumping into LC and killing all the hardcore PKers simply because of better gear and higher level, showing the entire world that PK in PW is shallow.

Are you kidding me, it would be fantastic if you did. We would pk you and steal all that better gear, watch you QQ, and then laugh when you beg to go back to HT where you can be a nobody there too
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009

The effect of lag due to geographic location in the game is far higher than typical MMOs. People on the west coast who's used to no lag will find gameplay on the new east coast servers very annoying. It would be a godsend to us east coasters who created accounts before the new servers, but don't want to abandon our progress just to eliminate the lag. As long as there's a separation between pve and pvp servers, this should work beautifully.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    He edited his post. In the original it said nothing about older servers nor was that list there.

I edited it because it was riddled with typos >_>
    Also note, I said it was on the original 3 servers -not- the new ones. I have no interest in playing in a server where theres pretty much no one geared to learn to PVP against.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    They could put some restrictions to it like :

- PvE/PvE and PvP/PvP server transferts only

- Char to be transferred must be 5 or 10 levels lower than the highest level char currently on the target server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh