2 spark aoe question

Options
Coldflash - Dreamweaver
Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
I know they are supposedly super powered, but of course take forever to cast, so here is my dilemma: Should I get my 2 spark aoes and thus due ot lack of spirit let some of my other skills fall behind, or should I keep up my lower skills and **** the 2 spark aoes? Honestly at lvl 63 I haven't bought my 2 spark aoes, and don't think I plan to since sandstorm upgrades every four levels and glacial embarce upgrades every three levels, and I'm finally thinking about maxing stone rain and DP.

So opinions? I don't pvp much, and what pvp I do do I die before I could ever dream of generating 2 sparks.
Post edited by Coldflash - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Pick just 1 ultimate and level it. My suggestion is Blade Tempest. It does the posted dmg in fire, then again in phys. Its your TW weapon of choice.

Works against robes, mag res mobs, and heavy armor alike.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Personally I'd just get blade tempest to ~5, it's amazing for robies up till about 80/90. I regret leveling mine to 7 because most of the robes I fight are stacked with pdef, and any 90+ robes you fight are going to giggle at its damage. It's really not that great later on. Level it to 5 then pick either dragon or Mountain's Sieze to max out.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You will almost never use your ultis in PvE. Double spark or sutra will be your spell choices there.

For TW and minor PvP, choosing one and leveling it is a good idea. But like you said, unless you bring chi pots/charms/stand there whacking the totem, you will rarely build 2 spark anyway.
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Pick just 1 ultimate and level it. My suggestion is Blade Tempest. It does the posted dmg in fire, then again in phys. Its your TW weapon of choice.

Works against robes, mag res mobs, and heavy armor alike.

I feel like a moron for not thinking of this for mag res mobs /facepalm

And thank you all for replying, for now I think I'll proly get BT lvl 1 for mag res mobs, BIDS lvl 1 for FB 39s (I love going nuts in there XD), and MS lvl 1 just to have it XD...now where am I gonna get teh spirit for that...
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Meh. You'll find yourself using BT in PvE also. After your buddy Undine Strikes, When the BM throws down Heavens Flame. When you just absolutely must kill a mutha....! Also useful against mag res when nothing else is.

Its your PvP 1hko to, sneak up on the unsuspecting cleric, release BT! Run. Rinse, repeat. Tactic is good against all except Barbs.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I feel like a moron for not thinking of this for mag res mobs /facepalm

And thank you all for replying, for now I think I'll proly get BT lvl 1 for mag res mobs, BIDS lvl 1 for FB 39s (I love going nuts in there XD), and MS lvl 1 just to have it XD...now where am I gonna get teh spirit for that...
    Try not to Dragon the exploding mobs. It hurts if 4 explode in your face, trust me. 'cause you will steal agro.

Mountain Seize is still nice for the stun. There's some rare situations where AOE stunning will help, like in some FBs.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Meh. You'll find yourself using BT in PvE also. After your buddy Undine Strikes, When the BM throws down Heavens Flame. When you just absolutely must kill a mutha....! Also useful against mag res when nothing else is.

Its your PvP 1hko to, sneak up on the unsuspecting cleric, release BT! Run. Rinse, repeat. Tactic is good against all except Barbs.

Yes oh so helpful...the only real problem is generating 200 freaking chi in TW where mages are pretty much easy targets. I'm not much of an apo man, though I'll probably start for a few of the things in there, but still, getting two sparks in TW has never been easy for me on any character on any server (I have a 77 veno and 74 BM on sanc) In my experiance its just too easy to die, but meh, maybe I just suck that much b:chuckle
    Try not to Dragon the exploding mobs. It hurts if 4 explode in your face, trust me. 'cause you will steal agro.

Mountain Seize is still nice for the stun. There's some rare situations where AOE stunning will help, like in some FBs.

Oh trust me I know, I'm not crazy enough to kill 4 at once...3 yes but not four...when i have pyro shell up they only splode on me for about 400-500 and with my arcane set and pyro then only about 300-400, so with 2k hp its not too bad, charm helps too.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In a defensive TW, Veno's start passing sparks to the wizzies for the Ulti's. Also Chi pots. Apoth is a big part of TW.

Might be worth taking a peek at pandora's pvp guide again. Clarifies wiz roles in TW and also ulti picks.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You build more chi than you think. It's true you're squish but more often than not you can sneak around attacking people without being attacked, building chi. And depending on your build, you're not that squishy.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It depends on what you're doing. If you're on the offensive, trying to support the catas, yeah, it's hard to build chi and you die a lot, especially if you're in the air or near other robe people (pro tip, don't be in those places).

If you're defending, cata barbs are a great source of chi, and it's not like they can run over to attack you. BMs can be good too, but they're squishier. :(
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hmmmm, I suppose, but guess i'll find out this weekend with the TW I hope to go to. *crosses fingers* please not sunday