DQ drops, what do you do with it?

Mothergoose - Sanctuary
Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
What do you do with your DQ drops? Store and use them? Catshop? NPC? Vote in poll.b:victory
Post edited by Mothergoose - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    DQs sell very slowly in catshops even at dirt cheap prices (where the NPC price is the limit) so I usually would just sell them to a NPC now, quick and simple.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    NPC them. I can't be assed to look through everyshop in Arch for buyers paying a reasonable price, nor can I be assed to set up a catshop to sell mine when I have more important things to do.. like kill things.

~S
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm disappointed there isn't an option for eating them. Those dull claws are really yummy with some ketchup!

I used to sell them to the NPC, but recently I've been trying to catshop them. I managed to sell 100 Seele Tokens a few days ago, but the added profit from selling to players is not that high. Only the truly rare DQ items are worth catshopping (eg. dull claws, most items of the element variety).
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    NPC them. I can't be assed to look through everyshop in Arch for buyers paying a reasonable price, nor can I be assed to set up a catshop to sell mine when I have more important things to do.. like kill things.

~S

For catshops, I was thinking more along the lines of overnight catshops. Gawking at the kitty when you would otherwise be playing is pretty lame.b:chuckle
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    keep the 21 / 30 dq items needed for bank quest.

NPC the rest..
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Black_fall - Heavens Tear
    Black_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Once I have what I need, they're a nice little money maker just sold to a NPC. No muss no fuss.
  • Matt_ - Sanctuary
    Matt_ - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    you make A LOT of profit selling dq... made over 400k today when i decided to quit dq today b:victory
    Sanctuary's worst and poorest bm! b:victoryb:surrenderb:cry
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    DQs sell very slowly in catshops even at dirt cheap prices (where the NPC price is the limit) so I usually would just sell them to a NPC now, quick and simple.

Not really, I can sell element essences pretty quickly at 4k each instead of the npc price of 2.5k. But then again it's probably because I'm on Dreamweaver b:chuckle
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    All of the above.

If I feel like doing a DQ for whatever reason I'll use them and the same applies to the bank expansion since that's quick and easy.

If I'm actively playing, I can toss em at a NPC or dump them in the AH (they actually do sell semi-often there).

If I know I'll be away from the computer for a while, easy enough to set up the cat and put them (and any other extra stuff I have in inventory) for sale. No time lost if I don't sell any. More coins gained if I do.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    man...mystical meat - we should've been able to eat those
    that and flat peach...flat peach is such delicious but expensive stuff IRL...mmmm
  • valvs
    valvs Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I used to catshop most of my DQ items for DQ 20 and 31. But now I am mostly getting items for DQ 51 and 61, and most of these don't sell too well. So I NPC like 90% or more of them. When I set up a catshop for the night, I mostly sell mats, and they tend to occupy all slots available in the shop.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    None of the above, I've been using it to expand my bank slots on my characters :)

I might try the DQ later on but from what I've heard, it might be a better option to just NPC it.
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)