leveling in the 60s

Newtestament - Heavens Tear
Newtestament - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
hi i was wondering what the most efficient and fastest way to level through the 60s is. I also ask this because how i want to level up depends on my new arrived skills and which ones i prioritize. I dont really have the money or sp or time to level them all to max for my levels. So i was thinking would it be faster to lvl by zhenning? but this arises my concern for money because i would need to buy a 370ish coin charm every so often for bb (and im kinda slackin on the money department atm) but if its worth it and i lvl fast then cool iite im down. Another thing is that i dont know anything about zhennning and the skills required to fulfill my roll in a squad.(like do i NEED a maxed rez and aoe buffs?) Could anyone briefly explain this=(
Anyways, as a second option, i was thinking of just solo grinding my 60s jus as i did from 59 and below. and if i do this, i can save my bb for later and prioritze my sp and money for other skills. So i guess the main point is Would solo grinding be more EFFICIENT than zhenning to level me through the 60s?

any input will be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Newtestament - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Solo AOE grind, do your quests, and you wont have any problems.
    About Zhen-ing, if you dont intend to spend allot of coins on it then its not worth it.

All you need:
    -razor feathers/plume shot/cyclone
    -wielded thunder/tempest *your choice if you want them, personally i would and i do*
    -iron heart
    -purify (lv5 or more)
    -pull a bunch of magic mobs and AOE them

*its fun, easy and kills time faster *
    b:dirty
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Solo AOE grind, do your quests, and you wont have any problems.
    About Zhen-ing, if you dont intend to spend allot of coins on it then its not worth it.

All you need:
    -razor feathers/plume shot/cyclone
    -wielded thunder/tempest *your choice if you want them, personally i would and i do*
    -iron heart
    -purify (lv5 or more)
    -pull a bunch of magic mobs and AOE them

*its fun, easy and kills time faster *

You also get the hourly quest after 60 which is fantastic. Go to the punish reward guy in Tusk, pay 16k for a tablet. Kill 60 mobs, talk to an npc and after an hour you get 20k exp for the 60-64 quests. With Mob killing it comes to about 40ish k exp an hour if you just kill those 60. Mostly magic mobs 60-70 so you can blow right through them.
  • Newtestament - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    ooooh i thot aoe grinding was better off saved for 70s but ill take ur word for it cus killing 1mob at a time gets boringgg. whats a good mob to grind on thats lvl 60s-70s (dont matter im pretty strong as a full mage build atm). oh and what lvl shud my razor feathers be? maxed out?

oh and should i get bb? or should i wait till later when i have sp and money for my support skills? ie. aoe buffs, lvl10rez etc. (i prioritize my attck skills atm fyi)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Depends, i dont have my AOE buffs, they are same as the single ones. Tho they last 30min more.
    I have all my attacks maxed for my lv (wielded thunder/tempest/razor feathers and ofc. plume and cyclone).
    But if you dont have SP you dont need wielded thunder and tempest.
    Razor feathers and your main attacks are enuff.

Now you have few choices.
    Petali Hexkiss - wood mob with poison attack. You can gather up to 20 and kill them. Note that how much you can gather and kill all depends how much hp you have. Round them up and have fun. And please remember to purify and heal after you attack ^_^
    *Good item drops, good exp, and FUN*

Taurox Enthusiast - part of your hourly quest. Aggro easy mob so be careful >_<. Again how many you can gather depends on your hp. Should be around 5-7. But they can interrupt you very often so its a risk, but more fun then Petali cause of that.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Justice quests

FB's (try to find them if you can)

AOE grinding (you can even do this in groups although solo is better)

* Razor feathers....eh. It is up to you, I personally did not start leveling this beyond level one until about level 70. The damage is not that great. I would stick with Tempest because it will drop things much quicker.

--> Poison mobs (like the others said) is the best! They tick very little off of hp and are very easy to kill for Clerics that are pure mag.

* BB: YES...you are going to need this if you plan on going on certain HH runs. And is great in dire need situations. Keep in mind it is a mana sucker but well worth it. Heaven's Wrath (Red Bubble) is optional at best but I would recommend getting it, as it can come in handy. Also, if you want to Zhen you will need BB (but be prepared b/c you must have a charm for this considering the mp output).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009

* Razor feathers....eh. It is up to you, I personally did not start leveling this beyond level one until about level 70. The damage is not that great. I would stick with Tempest because it will drop things much quicker.

Tempest = 2 sparks, easy to interrupt, and yeah 2 sparks!!!
    Razor feathers = no spark and more dmg then plume shot + its an AOE b:heart
    So i advise you to go with razor feathers and ignore tempest if you dont have spirit.

BB is useful in TT/Zhen, its a MP junkie skill, so w/o charms you wont use it.
    Seeing as you want to save up coins, you can get it later.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Tempest = 2 sparks, easy to interrupt, and yeah 2 sparks!!!
    Razor feathers = no spark and more dmg then plume shot + its an AOE b:heart
    So i advise you to go with razor feathers and ignore tempest if you dont have spirit.

BB is useful in TT/Zhen, its a MP junkie skill, so w/o charms you wont use it.
    Seeing as you want to save up coins, you can get it later.

(yes, I know razor feathers is an aoe...rather poor one at that in my opinion bc not always reliable to get everything in vicinity...but my opinion....)
    Level 2 comparison -
    Tempest = 8.8 meter range
    Feathers = 4.8 meter range

Tempest = it is very easy to attain two sparks attacking and IF you have to heal yourself.

It is a do as you like, besides, Tempest is not easily interupted if you use it as your first strike. By then all or most of the mobs will be dead. Use Plume or Razor feathers to kill the rest, heal if needed and by then. 2 Sparks ready to go! With 3 chi bars full, Tempest goes off = only one more spark to get.

But each to there own...it is all about what skill(s) will work for you.

However, I would advise on getting Tempest and Regeneration Aura with the 300k+ that you receive from your culti. But like metioned above, $$$ is usually the issue with these)

** Experiment, find what works best for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Newtestament - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    kk thanks alot all i really appreciate it!!
  • Aerith - Dreamweaver
    Aerith - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    cube of fate daily, zhenning, crazy stone

2 levels a day on average
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Getting 200 chi to get 2 sparks isnt that simple b:worried
    Iron heart gives you only 10 chi per cast, by that time you will burn your mp and not to say that the whole point of AOE grind falls down cause in that case killing one mob per time would be more efficient.

At lv 58 you can have it on lv8, 7.2 radius.
    I use both *have them all maxed for my lv* and i can say that i use razor in 90% of the time cause i AOE grind on poison mobs and i need to purify (20 chi) so to get 2 sparks for tempest and only use tempest would be a pain in the neck.

And when i grind on other magic mobs again razor wins, try having 5-7 mobs on you who dont attack at same time (1.2k-1.7k dmg every 2-3 seconds) , tempest will get interrupted in 70% of that time or more.