Lame Events

Options
JediChunkete - Heavens Tear
JediChunkete - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Chronicles
GMs could you please make an event that is actually worth showing up for. I mean your snowman event was awsome. You could log in at any time kill snowmen and know that you could log out and come back to them later. Now you are doing these event where you have to show up at a specific time and doing this obviously makes it to where almost the whole server shows up in one spot. Making odds of enjoying the event almost impossible. I love the game but your event really suck.
Post edited by JediChunkete - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Additionally, a great many patrons may have other events scheduled at the given time. I mean, 11 AM EST on Easter Sunday? The only time you'll get more people in Church is Christmas. Once again, the issue is the extremely limited time. If you had eggs randomly spawning all throughout the server-worlds for 24 hours or so, even if they were rare, it would work much better. Not to mention that it would feel much more like an actual easter egg hunt.
  • Brentena - Heavens Tear
    Brentena - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Christmas was really impressive and varied
    newyear was a bit less
    valentine was short and out of balance
    now 100 egs in a few minutes
    it keeps getting worse -.-
    and there are no big holidays after easter for a while so this should have been a great event
    I'm a little disappointed too
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    the worst part is that 1 person could hypothetically get every last one of them if they are lucky at spamming pick up.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I can picture this almost like the Valentines event. Very small area and loads of players there causing heavy lag. I'll pass on this one.
  • Xiyao - Heavens Tear
    Xiyao - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    dieho wrote: »
    the worst part is that 1 person could hypothetically get every last one of them if they are lucky at spamming pick up.

omg i'd better start emptying my inventory now b:shocked
    though i don't expect to get anything due to lag b:surrender
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It has been proven more than one time that events that gathers a lots of people in one small spot thend to end up as a failure for the majority of the players because of lag.

Why they still continue to do those type of events is beyond me. Thick Skulls anyone?

Would have been funnier to have a few easter bunnies spawn randomly everywhere on the map at random time all easter's day. That way , you don't cause major lag, everyone get a chance to get the rabbit, chances are low that the same player will get the rabbit twice and you make a lot of players happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    not to mention all those lagging people on the pvp server will get aoed to death...b:chuckle
  • Rivyr - Heavens Tear
    Rivyr - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Seriously how hard could it have been to make mobs drop easter eggs in different level brackets. So everyone got eggs instead of 100 for the entire server. By just doing that much youve guarenteed that over half the server won't even participate in this event. For example levels 1-10 11-20 21-30 ..90-100 etc basically make mobs your level drop eggs for you, and mobs above or below your level bracket not drop it for you. This way people don't try to farm the eggs on lower lv mobs.

Thats how I would have done the event and have prizes themed for easter. Maybe inside the egg a chocolate bunny that gave you + phys attack or different kinds of chocolate bunnies for different effects. Or boiled eggs o.O whata concept eat it and regain mp/hp or something to that nature. Or have eggs filled with some coins or different things maybe an esoterica scroll or a guardian angel...

Seriously who comes up with these events I'm dissappointed.
  • Hammerclaw - Sanctuary
    Hammerclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I can picture this almost like the Valentines event. Very small area and loads of players there causing heavy lag. I'll pass on this one.

Agreed. Epic fail, pwi, epic fail.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    GMs could you please make an event that is actually worth showing up for. I mean your snowman event was awsome. You could log in at any time kill snowmen and know that you could log out and come back to them later. Now you are doing these event where you have to show up at a specific time and doing this obviously makes it to where almost the whole server shows up in one spot. Making odds of enjoying the event almost impossible. I love the game but your event really suck.

Well.. I guess a bad thing about too much population is that events have to cater to a huge population.

So... it might be better to make events that is separate for each indivudal and for small groups instead of everyone together with lag that skyrockets the fail chart. So I dunno..., but events are always nice overall. Even if they completely suck, they are always a nice addition that you optionally go to.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    IMHO-PWI should fire their creative team(If it exists-they probably use manatees) and actually begin to genuinely take interest in what people say.

They also need to tell the proggrammers that amatuer hour is over:-ie, allowing female characters to pick roses needed for a male quest. "I just want to pick them cos ther prety"-genuine quote, whilst people who want to take part in the 'fun' event are there risking carpel tunnel syndrome for an incredibaly paltry reward.

I'd prefer an event thats spur of the moment such as 1 hour pk frenzy with no safe zones or randomly teleport catshops to exotic underwater locations.

Anything, just anything thats not based on pure luck, clicking as fast as you can for 1 hour, or endlessly shouting "has anyone got part B who is doing the event!".

GMs listen for once:

Do not gather everyone in one place ie, gm meet and greets, valentines event etc.

Do not make the event genuinely hazardous to your health. Valentines event

Do offer worthwhile rewards

Do Not, I repeat, Do Not make the event Timezone biased, I don't care where you are based and I don't care if you claim 'the majority of our players....etc', you decided to call this version Perfect World International and that comes with a degree of responsibility-YOU HAVE TO CATER TO EVERYONE, including Europeans, Africans, Oceanans and bits of Asia. You do this by making events last at least 24 hours.

Do not make the event Pay-to-win biased. Jolly old jones

Well *sigh* sorry for the rant, but with a little more effort on the end of PWI staff this game could improve alot. Now duck and cover incase of GM sympathising brown-nosers.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lemme keep this short.

you don't like the event? then don't participate. it's really that simple.

providing us with constructive criticism to help us with future event planning is one thing but to poopoo on it for the sake of talking b:fatb is another thing.

this thread is done. poke a stick in it.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
This discussion has been closed.