The amount of exp requierd for lvling up.

Amatsuki - Lost City
Amatsuki - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
What i mean is that the exp requierd for lvling up from lvl 35>>100 its getting to big.For example i played 2-3 hours a day and i needed 3-4 days to get from lvl 36 to 37 i only did quests that give much exp i know that the purpose of a game isnt to make lvl fast because after that they become boring.I made a test and the result was that i only did 4 quests in 3 hours and got 35 000 exp(some of you will say that it is to much time for only 3 quests)but i did them solo and of course there were the times i died and lost exp.Waiting for opinions pro or against what i said(i wont get upset if all will be against b:thanks )I want to hear opinions from players that have higher lvl than me and also from those that didnt used exp scrols in their game play.I am srry if there was a thread with same problem.I am knew on the forum and didnt red all the threads.
A night sky full of cries,
Hearts filled with lies,
The contract
Is it worth the price?
A soul pledged to the darkness,
Now I've lost it
I know I can kill
The truth exists beyond the gates...
Post edited by Amatsuki - Lost City on

Comments

• Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Open up your eyes...see the evil in the game.
  • Amatsuki - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I wish i could...
    Hearts filled with lies,
    The contract
    Is it worth the price?
    Now I've lost it
    I know I can kill
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wait until to get into your 60's.....

You will have to grind about 75% (if not more) of your level.

Right now at my level I have to grind over 1million exp points to level and that is only because I get exp from doing fb runs.

The higher you go the more you are going to have to grind, do fb's, do justice quests and don't forget about your dailies.

* Although I am surprised that you seem to be having a tough time because generally up until level 50 you do not have to do that much grinding to get the exp that you need. Are you sure you have gotten all of you quests? (If you open your quest window, "Q", and hit "Find Quest" it will tell you if you have more out there).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited April 2009
    I wish i could...

spend money and u will lvl easy.
  • Amatsuki - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Good tip i will try that and see what happens
    Hearts filled with lies,
    The contract
    Is it worth the price?
    Now I've lost it
    I know I can kill
  • Tabasco - Dreamweaver
    Tabasco - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Leveling in these low levels is actually pretty fast if you can devote time. You can easily get 1-3 levels a day (or more) playing all day. If you're only playing 2-3hrs a day, you are going to level slowly...and there's nothing wrong with that. b:pleased If you're in a hurry to level, you either need to spend more time playing, buy training scrolls, or party with others. Don't forget to do your daily crazy stone quest.

I solo as well, and level slowly. It doesn't bother me because I know I'm not able to put in a lot of time like others do. b:victory
  • Alryn - Heavens Tear
    Alryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    More exp required to level up = more time spent in game = more money spent in cash shop

It's part of the game and no other MMO is any different, if you level up too quickly you will get bored with the game and move on, which means less money for the developer.

Wait till you get to level 60, with very few quests for little experience, apart from crazy stone you will spend all your time grinding for little experience. And it gets even harder at much higher levels (ask a level 90+).
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't mind expending days or weeks to level up. I just want something meaningfull and fun than killing the same mob for days or weeks.

is that asking too much?b:surrender
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wait till you get to level 60, with very few quests for little experience, apart from crazy stone you will spend all your time grinding for little experience. And it gets even harder at much higher levels (ask a level 90+).

I'd agree that leveling through the 60s is tough but I just turned 80 and I'm smiling a bit more. The EXP from Crazy Stone continues to increase as you level. At 70, you can start doing WQ (Paperclip for a Villa) which gives a nice 100k exp bonus and at 80, WQ gives 200k.

So.. That's roughly 10% per day right there. If you include zhenning after 60, WQ after 70, fishing at 80, things aren't so bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
    edited April 2009
    I think venos have it the hardest in the mid-late 60's. The damn swamp of the wraiths water desummons your land pets sometimes. So if you don't have a good air pet, it'll be hard.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think venos have it the hardest in the mid-late 60's. The damn swamp of the wraiths water desummons your land pets sometimes. So if you don't have a good air pet, it'll be hard.

who grinds on land mobs?
    just get a petite sawfly and pwnzor everthing
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    who grinds on land mobs?
    just get a petite sawfly and pwnzor everthing

I do. My 1 man army spammage has gotten me around 11k rep now.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Play Maplestory.... then see the light in this game lol

Well seriously, it's just a game. Sure lvling is important. But don't let it be your only focus in a game.

Just play for fun and stuff, lvling is second to that. Support the game by buying stuff from the boutiques is also nice (but don't go overboard with that, unless you really want to become the best player). Anyhow, compared to games like WoW, the grind is pretty bad. Compared to Maplestory and Silk Road, well... there's like pretty much 1% grind here in this game
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Well seriously, it's just a game. Sure lvling is important. But don't let it be your only focus in a game.

Just play for fun and stuff, lvling is second to that. Support the game by buying stuff from the boutiques is also nice (but don't go overboard with that, unless you really want to become the best player). Anyhow, compared to games like WoW, the grind is pretty bad. Compared to Maplestory and Silk Road, well... there's like pretty much 1% grind here in this game

*screams* NO!!! Not MapleStory!!! >.< So...much...grind...!! *pants, then chuckles* Hehe, well, you've got a point. I played MapleStory before this, and man, that was just grinding all the way...got to level 50, and just stopped. Before that, I played RuneScape...and actually grinded one of my skills to the maximum level of 99...so compared to PWI, I'm super-happy with the way they portray grinding in this game, with different options. Zhenning, solo grinding, daily quests, what have you...so yeah, I don't mind spending a few hours each day just grinding on mobs. This guy's right; compared to some of the other MMO's out there, this game's leveling/grinding system is a cakewalk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SoultheWolf - Lost City
    SoultheWolf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its true, it gets very hard to lvl up if you only play a few hours a day, especially when you hit about 60. But there are the Daily Quest that you can do once a day for a small fee (lvl 30-60 pay 7,950, lvl 61+ pay 23,950) and when you hit 70 you can do the World Quest (not lvl 70 so don't know how long and how much it costs). And it only takes about 13-15 of your time to do the daily each day to get like 10k exp for 30-60 and 55k exp for when you're 61+. As a lvl 63 atm and I go up about 11% each time I do a daily and that REALLY helps with the lvling, especially when you get less quests the higer the lvl you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its true, it gets very hard to lvl up if you only play a few hours a day, especially when you hit about 60. But there are the Daily Quest that you can do once a day for a small fee (lvl 30-60 pay 7,950, lvl 61+ pay 23,950) and when you hit 70 you can do the World Quest (not lvl 70 so don't know how long and how much it costs). And it only takes about 13-15 of your time to do the daily each day to get like 10k exp for 30-60 and 55k exp for when you're 61+. As a lvl 63 atm and I go up about 11% each time I do a daily and that REALLY helps with the lvling, especially when you get less quests the higer the lvl you are.

WQ is free, it just takes time...it usually takes around 2 hours...but you can afk fly around places and do RL stuff as you do it
    level 70-79= 100k exp for WQ
    80-89= 200k
    90-99= 300k
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    WQ is free, it just takes time...it usually takes around 2 hours...but you can afk fly around places and do RL stuff as you do it
    level 70-79= 100k exp for WQ
    80-89= 200k
    90-99= 300k

I guess you start doing WQ at level 70 right?
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yep. He's by the first CS quest giver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I do. My 1 man army spammage has gotten me around 11k rep now.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i only havve 3k
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i only havve 3k

only 4.1k hereb:surrender
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm curious. Does anyone have a list stating how much xp you need to level at each level?
    Example:
    level 1 = 100 xp
    level 2 = 150 xp
    level 3 = 300 xp
    etc, etc.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I'm curious. Does anyone have a list stating how much xp you need to level at each level?
    Example:
    level 1 = 100 xp
    level 2 = 150 xp
    level 3 = 300 xp
    etc, etc.

Actually, yes.

http://janelh.wikidot.com/experience-table
    Main characters
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009

tyvm b:thanks

EDIT: lmao 4263.1 mil xp needed to get from level 1 to 105. That's just sad b:sad
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    10,995 rep at this moment.

The exp you need at the very high levels will go WAY down when the level cap goes up. No one in their right mind would try to get 1.75 billion exp per level.
    Main characters
  • arachnos1
    arachnos1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol I'm lvl 25 and the last two ones I did in almost two weeks time :P It's really bad cause untill lvl 20 u lvl quite nicely on quests. But then BANG!!! and ur in the slow zone for the rest of the game. Someone said thta if u level up too fast u get bored and quit. It's exactly the other way around. When u level up fast u discover new things/quests/territories/skills/monsters/equipment etc. and that keeps you interested (exept some ultra fast leveling ofc). On the other hand if you level up too slow (like here) u get bored out of ur pants killing same mobs for days/weeks for one level only. The problem is that this way they want you to pay real money for the game but many ppl (like me) will quit rather than pay. I would like some interesting quests that give you loads of exp and have a storyline (chainquests). Right now at lvl 25 I'm already thinking about quitting the game. I seriously doubt I'll make it till lvl 30.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I think the issue with exps, starts at level 60 and just gets worst aftert that.

I read in another tread that its better to be without quests, so you have the freedom to pick how you want to level up.

However, when I do my pick for which mob to kill to level up quickly, I will expend days on the same mob, which gets boring after a while though.

I also noticed the quests get too long. Kill 65 mobs for instance.

I think there are many different mobs at any level, they should probably make more smaller quest, so you kill 20 of each, even though after you complete those small quests, you only get the rewards as doing a quest for 65.

I see many mobs in the game that I did not have any quest related to them.
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    arachnos1 wrote: »
    lol I'm lvl 25 and the last two ones I did in almost two weeks time :P It's really bad cause untill lvl 20 u lvl quite nicely on quests. But then BANG!!! and ur in the slow zone for the rest of the game. Someone said thta if u level up too fast u get bored and quit. It's exactly the other way around. When u level up fast u discover new things/quests/territories/skills/monsters/equipment etc. and that keeps you interested (exept some ultra fast leveling ofc). On the other hand if you level up too slow (like here) u get bored out of ur pants killing same mobs for days/weeks for one level only. The problem is that this way they want you to pay real money for the game but many ppl (like me) will quit rather than pay. I would like some interesting quests that give you loads of exp and have a storyline (chainquests). Right now at lvl 25 I'm already thinking about quitting the game. I seriously doubt I'll make it till lvl 30.

Wow... lvl 25? I had more than enough exp from quests alone to get into my late 3x lvls. Even through lvl 49 I had minimum grinding to level up. Are you sure you're doing all your quests? At level 29 I was still working on lvl 25/26 quests!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Preach it, brotha! Seriously, this is the easiest MMO I've ever played. But....I think we start focusing on leveling too much at higher levels. What about the newbie days? IDK about all of you, but I had FUN as a newbie. In my guild we didn't care about leveling. We hung out, we talked, we explored this vast new world ahead of us. We built friendships, and it seems that once you hit thirty....it's all about leveling. Who cares if it takes you a week to level? Just enjoy the game and enjoy your friends. Do crazy things, go into FBs with newbie weapons. I think we all need to HAVE FUN again. This IS a game after all, but, I know with me, it becomes almost an obligation to level up, but why do we really want to level up, anyways? We kill pixels so we can look cooler and kill stronger pixels. I think that's the reason most people in MMOs level up, I'm guilty of it, too. So....yeah, just throwin all that out there b:shocked
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    only 3.9k rep at lvl 89 :(