Blacksmith Level 4 killing me

Options
Yuggy - Heavens Tear
Yuggy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2009 in The Crafting Nook
I made the pataka 11 times. all 1 or 0 star :( I made plenty of two star items in the past. Whats the deal with this is it just harder or am I unlucky?
Post edited by Yuggy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I had the same issue when I did it =I It basically does just boil down to luck though. I got the pataka 2* on my first shot but the others it took 10-15 forgings to get a 2*. Just the way the cookie crumbles I suppose =X also if you haven't already, try to craft the stuff in a low populated town like Tradewind village or Allie's Camp. Supposedly if there's less people you have a better chance to forge high rate stuffs
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What, 0 star? Is that even possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

You have 40% chance to make 2 star. How the hell did you fail to do so 11 times?

Anyway if its that bad, might aswell buy one from AH. People sell 2 star bs lvl 4 items for about 300-400k on sanc.
  • Yuggy - Heavens Tear
    Yuggy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I seriously doubt it's 40%, I can't be that unlucky. All the crafting quest items sell for around 450k on HT, kind of a rip off, of course by the time I'm done I will have spent more.
  • Zeb - Heavens Tear
    Zeb - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ah i've seen a 2** heretic banishing pakata on HT for 250k. most expensive i've seen for them is 450k so yea its a rip
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Talk to Duke, repeatedly. When he tells you something along the line of "If you go to this blacksmith right now, you'll get a pleasant surprise," go craft. I've tried it, it works. That's what the few people who auction 2 star items do.
  • switchngc
    switchngc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Talk to Duke, repeatedly. When he tells you something along the line of "If you go to this blacksmith right now, you'll get a pleasant surprise," go craft. I've tried it, it works. That's what the few people who auction 2 star items do.

Where is this Duke? I've heard a lot about a Duke but not where he is.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    He moves around. Gotta run around Arch and keep an eye peeled...b:chuckle
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I seriously doubt it's 40%, I can't be that unlucky. All the crafting quest items sell for around 450k on HT, kind of a rip off, of course by the time I'm done I will have spent more.

I agree, it can't be 40%. I've been having a terrible time with my lvl 4 crafting items (trying to make them early so I don't worry about it later) and it's taken me 7+ tries to make practically all of the items I need. But according to pwdatabase it is a 40% chance of making a 2* item. And for some people pwdatabase's word is law.

Does the Duke thing really work? I've talked to him and all he ever tells me is some foreshadowing of a wraith attack that never happens. And is it only for blacksmithing? Cause I could use it for tailoring too. b:thanks
  • Luisch - Sanctuary
    Luisch - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, I hope this can help you to explain about the Duke words ;;
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=178861

Good luckb:victory
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, I hope this can help you to explain about the Duke words ;;