Some Veno Questions

Luckyangell - Heavens Tear
Luckyangell - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
As you can see from my toon: i am a noob.
So i have a few questions realted to venos and pets and i hope that some more experienced player will help me.

1. I have received the quest where it says that i need 20 hays to increase my pet slot. How do i get hays? Do i have to buy them or something?

2. Where can i find the lv 17 golems so i can tame them when i am strong enough.

3. Is it true that once i got a golem i can stick with it forever without needing to change a pet?

4. How am i suppose to tame a flying monster when taming beast has a channeling time of 3 sec or something while the flying monster is attacking me. i need to tame it at low health.

5. What's the best pvp pet?

6. What's the best flying pet?

7. is a water pet neccesary?

8. is getting parastic nova a waste of money and sp?

9. what level do i need to be to tame eldergoth marksman?

plz help me.
Post edited by Luckyangell - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Emily - Dreamweaver
    Emily - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Welcome to Venomancy. :)

1. Select monsters drop Hay. Most people wait till mid-20s or so and kill the Rhinodrakes outside Archosaur, or the Antelope pups near Silver Lake for Hay. Unfortunately, the drop-rate is slow, so if you have little patience, you can usually find people selling on vendors... but not cheap.

2. North-Northeast of Etherblade (forgot the village they're near), but approximately at coordinates 490,950.

3. Yes, the lvl 17 or 18 golems are your ultimate tank unless you gather up a ton of coin or spend some real $ to get a hercules.

4. Chances are you can find a player vendor selling a cheap flying monster. I'd recommend getting a Petite Sawfly. If you want to do the work yourself, and have problems with hitpoints... make the 50hp regen potions at apothecary.

5. I'll assume you're also referring to pets you can immediately gain without using real $ or tons of game coin (ie. phoenix). The "beginner" scorpion and a petite sawfly work just great. The skills you get them are the real icing.. Riping bite and skills that interrupt casting are popular.

6. Best flying pet is the phoenix, which is a "cash shop" pet. Petite Sawfly is probably the best alternative.

7. Water pet will be necessary for some points in game as far as quests go... But most people (I think) just tame a new pet around the level of monsters they're fighting rather than "build up" a low level one (building up a low level pet will always be better than getting a "new" pet later on).

8. Parasitic Nova is a great spell IMO. Lots of applications and anything with a stun is pretty invaluable. Cast time and spark requirement suck, but I like it. :)

9. If you plan to use Marksman a lot, get it soon as you care to keep leveling it up. If you are going to have a Golem and a Flying pet, you're looking at at least doing the next step of the Pet-Bag extension. If you get a land-based riding mount, that's another slot. Soooo... That is also a consideration. This is also another reason why people do without a water pet. So little use and takes up a bag slot (if you don't want to keep Reverting to egg and Re-hatching and feeding it up to "loyal" level).

Hope that helped a bit.
  • Flyingpix - Heavens Tear
    Flyingpix - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The carapests also drop hay. They can be found out near Scorpion Valley and they are also level 20. I find that the antelope pups while being level 30 tend to have a higher hay drop rate than the rhinodrakes for some reason.

As for water pets just as the prior poster mentioned most kind of just pick one up do the water quests and stow it. Even so I'd recommend a turtle only because they tank better than the undines do...I hate my undine lol. Just too lazy to level up a turtle that I'm gonna stow away most of the time.
  • Luckyangell - Heavens Tear
    Luckyangell - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    thanks a lot for your answers.
    i was wondering that if i did manage to get a lv 8 petite sawfly and level it up, it would still take a lot of time grinding on non-quest related mobs so is there any good flying mobs after i got my stingray at lv30?

can anyone also tell me what is the level of an eldergoth marksman and is it worth it to replace golems.

Thank u again
  • Ravira - Sanctuary
    Ravira - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Marksman is 45 or 46. I prefer the Sharpshooter though, which is 1 or 2 levels higher and has bash 5 (holds agro better and does more damage)
    If you want a ranged pet sooner, go for the cactopods which can be found near startertowns.