Solo Mode FrostCovered City

Sarugami - Sanctuary
Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi
Today I managed to gathered a group of friends and we did frostcovered city solo mode to get the quest "Comforting Jade" done, in order to unlock squad mode. We went in and talked to all the pillars in there to get the quest "curvade" and killed every monsters on the way. We kept doing that and reset the dungeon to collect enough mats to make curvades.

So here are some of questions I have been wondering about:

1)We just need 3 more essences to make 3 more curvade...are those only drop by the first boss? Or the other bosses after the first one drop them too? (We afraid that if we unlock the pillars and go on but the other bosses won't drop them...we will lose the curvade and have to collect again to unlock it)

2)We gave all the mats (Frags and Essences) to one person in the group to make them...and each of us have the quest called "Comforting Jade". If only one person in the group make them..will the rest of us get that "Comforting Jade" quest done as well?

3)This one kinda relate to question 2. If we do it in a group...all of us should be able to unlock squad mode right? so next time we go w/ a different group and the other group none has unlock squad mode...I can still go in because I unlocked squad mode this time?

I know that's a lot of questions...but these quests are so confusing. Greatly appreciate if anyone can help me with these questions. Also if anyone got a site for frostcovered city guide...please direct me to it. Thank you in advance to all who willing to help out!b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sarugami - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Viprae - Sanctuary
    Viprae - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Each person has to do the quest separately, so you have to collect full sets equal to the amount of members you have.

A couple of the essences don't drop from the first boss either. To get them, your best bet is the final bosses. To get to them head to the area where you see Glacix Wu in front of a locked door. The pillar just down the other nearby pathway summons a boss which unlocks that door. Then another locked door with another pillar to summon Holan then the next pillar to summon Holeen. They're your best bets for the last couple essences.

It took my squad about 5-6 runs to complete the quest for 2 people. So expect to be there for a long time if you're getting everyone the quest done. :P
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've been in quite a few times farming curvades, so I can hopefully help answer a few of your Q's.

1: All bosses can drop essences, 2-3 on average from my experience. After the first boss you will have to use up one of your curvades to summon each of the other bosses (some take two) There are pillars in several of the rooms that you do this at. I found this link http://ollien.free.fr/BD/frostcovered.jpg that shows what rooms they are in. Sorry I don't have specifics on what curvades are used at what bosses.

2 & 3: I'm not 100% certain but I think each person will need to finish the quest separately. Someone else will have to verify. I think I read in another post that everyone has to have the quest done to get in to squad mode, not just the squad leader. I believe you also have to be 85+, again everyone not just the leader, unlike TT. Someone that's done it will have to verify but I'm pretty sure that's how it is.
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    2 & 3: I'm not 100% certain but I think each person will need to finish the quest separately. Someone else will have to verify. I think I read in another post that everyone has to have the quest done to get in to squad mode, not just the squad leader. I believe you also have to be 85+, again everyone not just the leader, unlike TT. Someone that's done it will have to verify but I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

I was able to open squad mode at 78 as soon as I finished the quest, and party members don't need to finish the quest to get in either as long as one person can open it. Quite a bit of difference from solo though. ^^

Whole squad was wiped out by the first Elemento due to the unexpected increase of difficulty + not knowing how huge the aoe range was(Around 35 meters or so). :P
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    wow....another wack quest created by yours truly...PWb:cry. I read it some where that only one person need to finished the solo mode quest and that person can take anyone 75+ w/ him/her to squad mode. I need to do some more research on that....if it's true then I guess we'll just have that one person finish the quest. Since the solo mode quest..I don't see any exp reward...I couldn't careless if I can't finish it. What i'm interest in is the exp rewards for those squad mode quests.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I was able to open squad mode at 78 as soon as I finished the quest, and party members don't need to finish the quest to get in either as long as one person can open it. Quite a bit of difference from solo though. ^^

Whole squad was wiped out by the first Elemento due to the unexpected increase of difficulty + not knowing how huge the aoe range was(Around 35 meters or so). :P

Do you have any tip on how to a pt should function or operate in squad mode?...Any tip would be greatly appreciated!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009

This is good to know, I guess I'll quit putting off the rest of my curvades. I've heard horror stories about squad mode, how far did you guys get after the initial shock?
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Do you have any tip on how to a pt should function or operate in squad mode?...Any tip would be greatly appreciated!

Lots of mp charms for cleric for constant bubble at all times. Aside from the very weak snowmen thingys whatever they're called, everything appeared to aoe and all the aoes were pretty much magic. We didn't bother going in too far though so I have no idea if the melee Jaeger/Shadow/Wu aoe though. Also, I heard from a friend that even if you finish the squad mode quests it's impossible to turn some of them in even if you complete them.(I haven't bothered testing myself to find out though)
    This is good to know, I guess I'll quit putting off the rest of my curvades. I've heard horror stories about squad mode, how far did you guys get after the initial shock?

Our squad wasn't very suited for the run which we realized very quickly so we stopped really early. :P

Average magic damage from Elemento appeared to be metal type for around 1.5-2k+ damage against 4k+ mdef.

Then after the first door instead of Boons are the armored bear looking things, which each aoe with earth type appearing magic which did around 6xx-7xx per cast to 4k earth mdef.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Lots of mp charms for cleric for constant bubble at all times. Aside from the very weak snowmen thingys whatever they're called, everything appeared to aoe and all the aoes were pretty much magic. We didn't bother going in too far though so I have no idea if the melee Jaeger/Shadow/Wu aoe though. Also, I heard from a friend that even if you finish the squad mode quests it's impossible to turn some of them in even if you complete them.(I haven't bothered testing myself to find out though)

Our squad wasn't very suited for the run which we realized very quickly so we stopped really early. :P

Average magic damage from Elemento appeared to be metal type for around 1.5-2k+ damage against 4k+ mdef.

Then after the first door instead of Boons are the armored bear looking things, which each aoe with earth type appearing magic which did around 6xx-7xx per cast to 4k earth mdef.

b:surrender...think i'll give up and go grind for those exp b:cry....until higher lvl...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Haha, our group accidentally agroed two enemies, an Elemento and a bear. 900-1000 damage every couple seconds from them both. Lost 50k in hiero (I had around 6k mdef, 2500ish def). Barb, me, and cleric survived. Our BM entered the instance; ran in, and died in one hit. He was higher level than the cleric and barb. Lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Haha, our group accidentally agroed two enemies, an Elemento and a bear. 900-1000 damage every couple seconds from them both. Lost 50k in hiero (I had around 6k mdef, 2500ish def). Barb, me, and cleric survived. Our BM entered the instance; ran in, and died in one hit. He was higher level than the cleric and barb. Lmao.

Maiya.....you are scaring me....b:shockedb:surrender. In any case, I will talk over with my group to delay doing squad mode until we are at a higher lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]