Aim Low doesn't work right? Help!

Vash - Dreamweaver
Vash - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
Hey guys, don't know if there has been a post about this before, but I seem to be having some trouble with my aim low. Besides the fact that it's mislabelled as stunning (when it actually freezes), it says that it its guaranteed to work (theres no % chance for it to work - with a one spark skill this I'd expect). Therefore, if a mob is not immune to freeze and aim low hits, it should freeze it, right? Yet sometimes there are mobs who just take the damage and keep running, while other mobs of the very same type take the damage and the freeze! WTH? Also, it seems that aim low is more likely to freeze them if they're not running when they get hit. It seems like 99% that they'll freeze if not running, and then like 40% or so if they're running, and then it seems to drop as they get closer. Anyone know what's going on with this? It's driving me nuts! b:angry
Vash - The Humanoid Typhoon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vash - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Eh, it happens. Never happens enough to me to really make a huge deal of, though.. perhaps I just don't use aim low enough.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I believe aim low has a 90% chance to freeze the enemy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    aim lows my fav attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hey guys, don't know if there has been a post about this before, but I seem to be having some trouble with my aim low. Besides the fact that it's mislabelled as stunning (when it actually freezes), it says that it its guaranteed to work (theres no % chance for it to work - with a one spark skill this I'd expect). Therefore, if a mob is not immune to freeze and aim low hits, it should freeze it, right? Yet sometimes there are mobs who just take the damage and keep running, while other mobs of the very same type take the damage and the freeze! WTH? Also, it seems that aim low is more likely to freeze them if they're not running when they get hit. It seems like 99% that they'll freeze if not running, and then like 40% or so if they're running, and then it seems to drop as they get closer. Anyone know what's going on with this? It's driving me nuts! b:angry

Somebody did had a similar post before : Me...a couple of days before
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=238391

Check out that one too. I found out that Aim low has a 5% chance to miss. I am not sure how accurate that is, but it seems a valid explanation. So the problem is the translation which doesn't give any hint on the fact that AIM LOW isn't 100% sure hit.

I still have my question marks about the duration of the freeze effect. It doesn't seem to last that long (more than 5 seconds).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vash - Dreamweaver
    Vash - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the info, guys! Don't think I ever saw a more misleading skill description lol
    Vash - The Humanoid Typhoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the info, guys! Don't think I ever saw a more misleading skill description lol

you havent seen the 79 archer skill post then b:chuckle