Easter event????

2»

Comments

• Tailpuff - Heavens Tear
    Tailpuff - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    People want to believe in something, have some guidance.. help in their nowadays problems.. so they get a group that can help them in their problems.. so they made up religion.
    Personally i don't believe in any kind of religion, true we all live in christianity influence and i was baptized as a christian but i don't believe it, nor i do believe in other religions.. just look at today's world.. 9/11, war in iraq, continuous false hopes that religion gives.. and for wat.. money?
    I know i might offend ppl when i say this, but most religion only live do to only.. money and completely ignore their believers.
    Religion seperates ppl and creates wars between them. Like Saitada's neighbour problems, someday a burglar can get in someone's house and steal from some innocent indians because the burglar's religion says "Indian's religion must suffer" i mean wtf, seriously leave religion aside and don't make up arguments with other ppl about their religion, we are all the same.
    Saitada, im sry about u being bad treated by ur neighbours but most likely no one will listen to u, nor they will listen to wat im saying.. and tbh i have no idea why i'm even writing this in a game forum.

*EDIT*
    Foxsamurai, another typical example of ppl's ignorance, another example is how ppl call u a freak, alien, fatto just because u aren't like them (this time i'm talking about being different physically), religion is just another way to seperate ppl, like other things.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Being an Atheist in the south, I don't fit in too well, but better than I thought I would. At my first school, EVERYBODY was Christian. None of my friends were Atheist, none of the teachers, the superiors, NOBODY but me. I was constantly called a freak for not believing in God. (I capitalize it because I still respect your beliefs, not because I want to.) I got in a few fights over it, when I didn't do anything, they just came up to me and started throwing fists. I got in trouble for it. The principal said I 'provoked' them. I did no such thing.
    I forbid myself to voice my opinion, and because of that, I'm a quiet one. The ridicule that some people can do over religion can change lives. If I hadn't moved at the age of 13, I think I would just be alone. Luckily, even though I moved further south, I suddenly fit in. I found a group of gamers (ohay) and learned ALL of them were Atheist. I later found out my brother and his friend were also Atheist. I still get ridiculed about it, but hey, it's a lot better than before. I still think people are good at the heart, and they don't mean (mostly) what they do physically. I don't care about Christians, Muslims, Jews, I don't care about religion, but apparantly they do, so I just stray away from them and stay in my little group. I don't speak against God in public, as that would be a fairly bad idea.
    When people start going into religious talks, I just tune out and nod when they look at me. My whole family are religion freaks except my brother and I, and my grandfather is even a preacher. I don't mind saying grace or praying, it's what makes them happy so I do it. They don't know I'm Atheist just yet, but one day...

And this is another example. Someone has to subjugate their beliefs in order to keep the peace around them. It isn't as rare as you people want to think.

I'm sorry your forced to endure as you do. It shouldn't be that way at all. Not at all.

~S
  • Foxsamurai - Lost City
    Foxsamurai - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And this is another example. Someone has to subjugate their beliefs in order to keep the peace around them. It isn't as rare as you people want to think.

I'm sorry your forced to endure as you do. It shouldn't be that way at all. Not at all.

~S

You know, when I was in 8th grade, we had to write the constitution for a punishment. I only did it once. I only remembered one amendment word for word:

Amendment I:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Seems things have changed since then...
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yup. People are allowed to express their religions in this country, sure are, as long as it's Christian. Everybody else has to be careful lest they be prosecuted by their neighbors for it.

I won't talk about my 4 dogs getting poisoned by my neighbors because I wasn't christian, or a cross being burned on my front lawn, or my tires being slashed and the windows being broken out of my car or the local garbage company refusing to pick up my trash even though I paid for the service.

We won't talk about my electricity being randomly disconnected and my water getting shut off even though the bills were paid. Nope, won't talk about that at all. We also won't mention that it was the local Sheriff doing most of the vandalism or organizing it.

We won't talk about my alter being desecrated, or my religious space being destroyed, just because I wasn't a christian.

No, we sure won't do that, even though every last thing was done under the guise of "driving that pagan sinner out of our town" by the Good and Holy Christians of Marion South Carolina.

You Christians are sure as hell vocal about keeping your rights to spew your garbage onto everyone else, but.. god forbid someone doesn't want it.. why, it's your fricking right to shove it down everyone elses throat whether they want it or not. And if they don't want it, why.. you'll just burn them out.

You know what I say? Shove it up your fricking asses. Thats what I say. Keep your fricking religion to yourselves and stop shoving it down everyone elses throats.

~S

You sure all that stuff that happened to you has nothing to do with the fact that you are a complete and total ********?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Good grief people....

Always moan about the slightest of things regardless of it's harmlessness or alike why don't you....

I'm not religious at all either, still I still generally appreciate these holidays and it brings an excuse for fun/themed events for games like this (and time off work/school/etc) too.

But otherwise this thread is full of [Removed] anyway and needs locking.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Valinir - Heavens Tear
    Valinir - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah...not getting involved after all. Where's the delete button? o.o;
    I could see the city lights, then they turned to black...then I heard the sirens sounding out. I could see the rockets' glare, shooting in the night. Everyone was paying for their lives. Am I dreaming? (I don't believe it.) Am I wrong or right? Then I heard a voice say in the night: "I'm a warrior...."
  • Valinir - Heavens Tear
    Valinir - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    accidental second post.
    I could see the city lights, then they turned to black...then I heard the sirens sounding out. I could see the rockets' glare, shooting in the night. Everyone was paying for their lives. Am I dreaming? (I don't believe it.) Am I wrong or right? Then I heard a voice say in the night: "I'm a warrior...."
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You sure all that stuff that happened to you has nothing to do with the fact that you are a complete and total ********?
    Yeah, pretty sure. How about you go cut your own throat now and rid the world of another moron. Trust me, your idiocy won't be missed by anyone, not even the two **** that adopted you after your mother dropped your loathsome **** in a garbage can to be rid of you.

~S
  • Brentena - Heavens Tear
    Brentena - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    stop argueing about this
    things like easter eggs are older than christianity, they're adopted in the religion, 90% of what we call christian originally wasn't

stop being rude to religious people, I lost my religion but others still believe, that's good as long as it doesn't take the truth from them (scientific things, evolution)

and this easter event sucks !!! I want something like christmas
  • KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary
    KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    stop argueing about this
    things like easter eggs are older than christianity, they're adopted in the religion, 90% of what we call christian originally wasn't

Agreed. In fact, Christmas actually has its roots in the Roman Holiday Saturnalia.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So easter ...

what's easter.. at the beginning it was a pagan event for celebreting the spring

Then the jews came by and it celebrated the flight form egypt..

and then Christians for whom it celebrates life after death.

IMO, everybody can find a way to celebrate easter..
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    An Easter event seems nice. You could decorate Archosaur with colorful easter eggs and make us all hunt for eggs that can be used to make armors or other items. But, please put more than a handful of eggs, not like that rose garden in the Valentines Day event. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    One bunny, 100 eggs, thousands of players = insanity!