KSing whats the point

Tigriss - Heavens Tear
Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Ok so 2 guildies need mobs killed can't get them too easyily cause of KSing. So I come and help them. The mobs are lvl 20 to lvl 28. I spent all day helping them. Constanly people try Ksing me. Completely failing. 1 attack from me knocks the mobs well below half HP. I eventually said you ****ing noobs need to quit trying to ks me. Your not gonna be able to. Someone says I should be quiet. The wouldn't say anything when I said Who you telling to be quiet? This **** went on all day. I'm just wonderin if you saw over and over again someone takeing a mob well below half HP. Why would you continue to try to KS them when your not getting credit for your quest?
"Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
-Saitada
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thankies Crystalynnex
Post edited by Tigriss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's their time to waste, let them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well 20 to 28 sounds like Broken Bow Bluff.. i like to call that place Hell on Earth.
    There are a ton of quests for that little area.. too many. When i make a new character and have to go threw Broken Bow.. i do exactly what your friends did. Call in a friend who can one shot the mobs for me.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For 50k, I will go out there and decimate everything in the area, ensuring you finish your quest in a very quick timeframe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Chaosvixen - Sanctuary
    Chaosvixen - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't under stand what is this KSing?
    edited April 2009
    I don't under stand what is this KSing?

The assumption that a mob a player is attacking belongs to that player and that if someone else attacks it and gets credit for the kill that they stole the kill from them.

KSing is one of those concepts that differs depending on who is using it, and is based on perspective and bias.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaosvixen - Sanctuary
    Chaosvixen - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The assumption that a mob a player is attacking belongs to that player and that if someone else attacks it and gets credit for the kill that they stole the kill from them.

KSing is one of those concepts that differs depending on who is using it, and is based on perspective and bias.

So it being a player created ideology it can't be enforced upon others as a rule.

Is silly to assume everyone else wants to play by the same rules you play by.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hey, if they hit mobs below 50% health, they're helping you kill. It's all good.b:victory
    edited April 2009
    So it being a player created ideology it can't be enforced upon others as a rule.

Correct, it cannot be enforced since it's more of a social rule on PvE servers. On PvP servers you can use the "I'm bigger than you" argument, but that doesn't work so well on a PvE server.
    Is silly to assume everyone else wants to play by the same rules you play by.

huh? Why direct that at me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The point is to **** off a ton of people and make you look like an idiot.... and it makes enemies too. Recommended as one of the best ways to get you on someone's blacklist or even a guild's KoS list
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Make who look like an idiot. Certainly not me I'm not the one wasting my time trying to KS someone I've no chance in hell KSing. What would it matter if you blacklist someone that just means you don't see their chat. The KoS list only applys to LC and HL. Don't really fit into todays incedent.
    the only time I got aggitated was when they tried KSing my little antelope when I sent it to help my freind wile I was killing something else. Solved that quickly by putting away the lvl 35 pet and bringing out the lvl 44 pet.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Remember their guild name,and ks their members whenever you see them...its petty,childish,rude...but it does give you a little nice feeling somewhere deep inside,barely noticeable but its there.

Spose you could just do the decent thing and ignore it,go back later...bleh
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Reading the OP reminded me of something a friend of mine told me she did. Bear in mind the person telling me this is a 61 yr old grandmother from the UK, ROFL.

She was doing a quest in her mid 50s, killing mobs down in the southern part of the map. And some idiot BM was KSing her repeatedly. And was doing the same to another person nearby. My friend Pam finally got upset enuf, she along with her Herc shadowed the KSer, and stood right on top of him, her and her giant pet. When he moved she did. She said it went on for close to 15 minutes at least until he finally said he was sorry, and got on his mount and took off out of the area completely.

I suppose he had both a hard time targeting plus couldn't hardly see a thing with her doing this. And eventually he wasn't having any fun being a jerk, and left. She said her getting him to apologize was icing on the cake. And since then has done it a couple more times to other KSer's and has always gotten them to eventually leave.

I thought it was pretty funny picturing some little old lady playing a MMO being so bold and aggressive to take on punks like she did, hehe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Ksing = Kill stealing b:chuckle
  • BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @Foxx_trott: Wonderful story. I'll keep it in mind.

As for KSing, I usually always pay them back somehow. By the way, many killstealers are in PK mode, surprisingly, and can actually be assaulted and killed. Just a tip ;)
    But: The KS problem isn't as pronounced in PW as it is in other games. It's rather peaceful in PW. That's what I like so much.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    KSing really is just a social grace. The thing that really pisses me off is freakin zhen parties where they think they own every monster on the map due to using scrolls and charms in a wasteful fashion.if their party's lure takes my mobs, i sure as hell gunna AOE back.

Though, KSing isnt too much a problem in PW, people are generally more friendly, cept those occasional **** hat PKers and zhen parties. I dont see any need for rules about it here. (Though in most MMOs its a bannable offense)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Some silly BM tried KSing me while I was helping a few friends with some quests. Every time they ran towards a moster my pet had hit (and one hit was all I needed to get the 50% HP off), I'd simply desummon my pet and move on.

Eventually, I got finished but he was still trying to KS me, so I decided to see how stupid he was and sent my pet towards Krixx, but desummoned just before my pet would have attacked. He followed, and actually attacked. Hilarity ensued.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Constanly people try Ksing me. Completely failing. 1 attack from me knocks the mobs well below half HP. I eventually said you ****ing noobs need to quit trying to ks me. Your not gonna be able to. Someone says I should be quiet. The wouldn't say anything when I said Who you telling to be quiet? This **** went on all day.
    Occasionally I play with two computers - barb on my desktop, cleric on my laptop. Each computer shows that character doing stuff a second or two before it shows the other character doing stuff.

e.g. If I send my barb to attack a mob, and at the same moment have the cleric cast plume shot, here's what I see:

- On my barb's computer, the barb starts running towards the mob. Shortly before he gets there (or sometimes after he starts attacking), the cleric casts the plume shot.

- On my cleric's computer, the cleric starts casting plume shot. Then the barb starts running towards the mob. Sometimes the barb doesn't start running until after the shot is fired.

So I would venture that the vast majority of these "KS attempts" are actually due to network latency - time for your actions to get sent to the server, then for the server to send it to the other players' computers. Both players legitimately thought they attacked the mob first because that's what their screen showed, and both get upset that the other person tried to KS from them.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity (or network latency).
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When i went to a pve server ppl kept ksing me and at first it was annoying but after a while it is kinda nice how they're using their time and mana to help me kill a mob. What does get annoying is when high levels come it and kill stuff...<.< Don't they have anythig better to do...lol
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    KSing really is just a social grace. The thing that really pisses me off is freakin zhen parties where they think they own every monster on the map due to using scrolls and charms in a wasteful fashion.if their party's lure takes my mobs, i sure as hell gunna AOE back.

Though, KSing isnt too much a problem in PW, people are generally more friendly, cept those occasional **** hat PKers and zhen parties. I dont see any need for rules about it here. (Though in most MMOs its a bannable offense)
    I always look close at Zhen parties to see if ANY of them are in PK mode. If they are and they have been KSing me....... rofl. THAT is priceless. Especially if more than one is in PK mode. By the time they realize whats happened, my Nix has bent them over and they are dead and i've gone off to better pastures.

~S
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Solandri That might have been the case with a few. When the low lvls in the squad are beating on the mob for a wile and the same person runs up and attacks their mob over and over thats not the case. Thats why I was sending my pet to help them instead of tanking for me.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited April 2009
    kooshdin wrote: »
    Ksing = Kill stealing b:chuckle

Really? I wasn't sure the first sentence got that across well, now I know to use simpler terms and be more direct so people like you can figure that out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok so 2 guildies need mobs killed can't get them too easyily cause of KSing. So I come and help them. The mobs are lvl 20 to lvl 28. I spent all day helping them. Constanly people try Ksing me. Completely failing. 1 attack from me knocks the mobs well below half HP. I eventually said you ****ing noobs need to quit trying to ks me. Your not gonna be able to. Someone says I should be quiet. The wouldn't say anything when I said Who you telling to be quiet? This **** went on all day. I'm just wonderin if you saw over and over again someone takeing a mob well below half HP. Why would you continue to try to KS them when your not getting credit for your quest?

I would do it just to spite you and I WOULD get the kill lol. I have become VERY skilled at stealing kills from higher level folks who think they own the monsters on the field. However, I would not be KS'ing your guild mates in the first place but if you went after a monster I was going to kill I would steal it out from under you every last time.

I had a guy just today who was killing things I was just grinding on for my pet and I tried to let him have the monster he wanted and go after a different one of a similar level for the most part. He had a high level cleric helping him out at start though who rained down Tempest on my head but failed to kill my mob before I did so I was a bit annoyed at that BS. So later this high level friend leaves and he wants to party with me because I am erasing every monster in the field at record time and of course my answer is "No way. You have your friend try to zap me and now you want to party?".
  • sekmetstouch
    sekmetstouch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have to agree with Tigriss on a lot of what she said. People KS for fun and to tick people off.

I do know some KSes can be accidental tho. I've done that, and I am always apologetic and move to another area. Sometimes it's the range ( example: not seeing the melee going for the kill or visa versa.)

But, there are those who KS for sheer value of being jerks or not being to kill the monster on their own and just won't ask for help.

One thing about KSing people sometimes don't realize is if you did hit the monster whetther you killed it or not doesn't matter some of the XP and SP is given to the KSer. That is why KSing becomes an issue for people who put in the hard work for the Kill.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    that is a great idea!

and i love hearing about other adults like her out there playing this game-Nocturne has been a blast for me, to be with folks around my own age.

Reading the OP reminded me of something a friend of mine told me she did. Bear in mind the person telling me this is a 61 yr old grandmother from the UK, ROFL.

She was doing a quest in her mid 50s, killing mobs down in the southern part of the map. And some idiot BM was KSing her repeatedly. And was doing the same to another person nearby. My friend Pam finally got upset enuf, she along with her Herc shadowed the KSer, and stood right on top of him, her and her giant pet. When he moved she did. She said it went on for close to 15 minutes at least until he finally said he was sorry, and got on his mount and took off out of the area completely.

I suppose he had both a hard time targeting plus couldn't hardly see a thing with her doing this. And eventually he wasn't having any fun being a jerk, and left. She said her getting him to apologize was icing on the cake. And since then has done it a couple more times to other KSer's and has always gotten them to eventually leave.

I thought it was pretty funny picturing some little old lady playing a MMO being so bold and aggressive to take on punks like she did, hehe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart