cleric costs

Options
Lyneris - Lost City
Lyneris - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
Can someone clear this up for me? First of all, how much money do clerics spend approximately each day of gameplay? ex on pots, mainly mana, including skill costs

is full attack/support good for pvp?

also, are clerics slow to level?
Post edited by Lyneris - Lost City on

Comments

• Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hmmm, well costs i make money each day so it's not really costing me anything but, i spend about 50k a day on upgrading skills, however i am right at the level where it will be a lot more if i get some SP. Maybe 20k or so on repairs if i need to. I spend 0 on pots. I only use what i get in drops or apoth items. I bought 5 pieces of +mp recov gear so when i run out of mana, quickly switch, sit, and regen and it comes back fast

Trying to but haven't PvP'd too much yet on this guy so it's hard to say, i have a feeling though most here are going to say some sort of combination of the two, leaning towards attack. Late in the game when you can max just about all skills it really doesn't matter, you are a combo of the two. Early if you are full support you may not have the power to take someone out before they get you. Will also depend on eq/weaps and the person you are fighting

I've played a BM/Archer/Wiz and now cleric, all except this are 70 to 90+. In my experiance the order was 1) Wiz 2) BM 3)Cleric/Archer tied but really it will also depend on, parties, zhens, fbs, people killing you, etc
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I just go out and quest to get my skills and to lvl them up.I would say that is the most expense so far.I don't make pots just yet as I am gathing mats for that.I just use potions moslty mana as we go through lots of it.

I would say as well all depends on what other things you are buying elite swords or armour.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • valorien
    valorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    clerics can be slow to level in the lower levels. Around lvl 40 give or take it becomes easier as your skills become more powerful and you use them in combos. This also reduces overall cost as you can begin to effectively kite enemies the higher level you are. I can kill mobs 3 levels lower than me without ever taking dmg and without ever needing to use pots or charms. And I never have to rest either. The xp is a little lower but the coin I rake in is all profit.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    valorien wrote: »
    clerics can be slow to level in the lower levels.
    W-w-wat? 0_0 They are almost as fast as wizards and maybe a bit faster (wizard have no battle heals so dies more often).
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I got to level 20 within three days (no life? :p) so its not a slow level in early stages.

But its gets kind of hard to solo quests at lvl25+ cause the animals kill you in 3-5 hits and you only have two decent attack skills.

Well the repairs of the gear for me is about 20-30k a day and Mana P. is 15k a day?

But im very low level so...
  • valorien
    valorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I felt like levels 30-40 were slow, but maybe that was just in contrast to how fast 1-20 was. Using charms will allow you to level much faster as you won't have to worry about rest time which is going to be the one thing that will make soloing after level 30 much more difficult.
  • rebeli0n
    rebeli0n Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well i think that clerics dont spend a lot of money because they have buffs, pureheart and ironheart, purify also
    i just use hp and mp potions that drop from mobs the skills are pretty expensive but its worth it
    and my cleric is a full atack and its pretty good at pvp im just lev 30 but in levs 40+ u get a lot of skills that u can combo with others and the only class that i hardly beat...venos lol
    its pretty fast to lev till lev 25 then ure going to get killed more often and lev is going to get slower but its still so fun really i love my cleric
    hope i could help
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I haven't seen that my cleric is slow to lvl. In fact due to the heals I think she lvls faster than my wizard as I don't have to run as much and multiple mobs attacking her aren't much of a problem. She's not cheap as I play with charms, but it's cheaper than buying pots and she has almost no downtime. I'd say I spend about 100k a day on avg for a gold mp charm (400k and they last roughly 4 days for me), but the money is easy enough to get if you grind a little for it. The charm is also very nice as you don't have to worry about your mp during boss fights or FBs. I usually have enough left over for repairs, skills, etc that I need. I also run with an hp charm too, but I get whatever I can afford at the time since they seem to last forever and I rarely die. I've had the same silver hp charm for quite a while, and I don't think it's even halfway yet. lol
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Here's the tricky part about Clerics when it comes to spending and "how much we cost."

It depends on what you do. After level 60, when you get your Regeneration Aura, it is virtually impossible to go with out a charm. I have seen it done but you will end up spending more in pots they you would have had you purchased a Gold MP Charm. I have gone through 2 gold charms in a day and I have kept a charm for 4 days. It just depends on whether you are just grinding, zhening, doing HH/TT runs, etc. Because we can heal ourselves, an hp charm tends to last twice as long as the mp.

Also, in terms of leveling. Clerics can do pretty well, but like for all classes, it starts to really slow down after level 65. This is because you have to grind so much of your level. But this is the same for all classes.

FAC or Full support: personal preference.

Guide for Newcomers

Guide to FAC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics lvl faster than Wizards, Wizards do more dmg sure but when a Wiz casts 2 spells a Cleric has already casted 3 and the dmg difference is not big either, I need about 5 hits to bring down a mob, today i teamed up with a pure wizard and she needed 4 but till she could cast those 4 spells I was already atacking the next mob. (I'm LA btw.) So if you ask me only Venos lvl faster than Clerics, meaning killing mobs faster.

As for how costy Clerics are... I get my focus powders for free from a close friend, i send her all herbs i find that are needed for that and she also finds plenty on her own. So I always have 50 mp regeneration activated on me when i grind, that saves me from pot or charm usage. Skills are expensive but from what I've seen they're not as expensive as barb skills for example, problem is that we need lots of spells to keep lvled, that's what makes life hard for our SP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyneris - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If I go full attack/support cleric will my mana run out slower?

Also how good are clerics at pvp compared to some of the other classes? When do they start to shine?

Thx for all the answers
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My cleric makes more money than she loses. I make about 300k a day.

Clerics are pretty easy to level in my opinion... I hardly die and I kill pretty good. It gets really slow leveling through the 80s though but i suppose thats like it with everyone.b:chuckle
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options

Mana doesnt run out that fast on my cleric which is pure build. The only time I use charms is when i'm to lazy to click buttons. Other than that, a combination of apoc pots and normal pots do fine. I can even blue bubble without a charm.

I do not pvp so I can't really say how well clerics are. However, I've seen them fight and their seal move things are helpful.
  • Lyneris - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ok, just saw a few posts on how pure int build sucks..........

So what, in your opinion, is a good vit build? If possible, I'd like enough int to do great damage and enough vit to last through tough battles...

7 int, 2 vit, 1 str? 8 vit, 1 vit, 1 str? Or 6 int, 3 vit, 1 str?
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I dont see why full a pure build would suck although i do add enough to get my gear,... I rarely die. But if i was going to recomend one of those, I would recomend the 7 int 2 vit and 1 strength. It seems pretty stable, good health and I believe you will kill decently.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics lvl faster than Wizards, Wizards do more dmg sure but when a Wiz casts 2 spells a Cleric has already casted 3 and the dmg difference is not big either, I need about 5 hits to bring down a mob, today i teamed up with a pure wizard and she needed 4 but till she could cast those 4 spells I was already atacking the next mob. (I'm LA btw.) So if you ask me only Venos lvl faster than Clerics, meaning killing mobs faster.
    Wizards have the advantage of multiple elements. Try grinding on fire magic mobs; wizards **** those.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So what, in your opinion, is a good vit build? If possible, I'd like enough int to do great damage and enough vit to last through tough battles...

7 int, 2 vit, 1 str? 8 int, 1 vit, 1 str? Or 6 int, 3 vit, 1 str?
    I would recommend last build. On, say, 60 lvl first build have ~30 extra int which is not that big, but 6int build has ~30 extra vit which is like 5 g5 hp stones for free.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics can AoE grind on poison mobs - Orchid petalis - JQ at same time - faster leveling than veno
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wizards have the advantage of multiple elements. Try grinding on fire magic mobs; wizards **** those.

Yeah i didn't think of that, still the difference is not so great.

7 int, 2 vit, 1 str? 8 vit, 1 vit, 1 str? Or 6 int, 3 vit, 1 str?

I would go with that 7int, 2vit, 1str.

Forget the full attack and full support thing, it doesn't exist. You're both either you want it or not. If you wanna play it full attack roll a Wizard, they do the hightest dmg in the game and have many elements.
    Also how good are clerics at pvp compared to some of the other classes? When do they start to shine?

All classes shine at all lvls except maybe Wizards but according to some 80+ wizzys they have yet to see the light lol. (source: wizard forums)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]