Shadowrun looking for nice and active members

Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary
Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hey all,

Shadowrun is quite an old faction on Sanctuary. As our main focus is having fun playing the game we lost quite many members to the big factions concentrating on TW. We have long-time members in the middle lvl70s as well as newer ones in the lvl30-60 range. Our main focus besides fun is questing and TT (Twilight Temple runs for nice equipment).

We admit we're not 100% drama free, but hey ... it's like living together in a big family. We love each other, we help each other and we respect not only faction members but all players of PWI.

So if you're fed up with your military style faction and want to have fun playing and joking around with others then join Shadowrun. Only requisites are mature behavior in game (we don't care about your RL nor your age), activity and a level of at least 19 (fb19 done or not doesn't matter).

To join the Shadowrun family visit shadowrun.roflforum.net and register to our forum. Post in the chat section in the 'Applications'-thread and one of our officers will invite you to 'Shadowrun' soon.

Have fun playing the game,

Kyon
Post edited by Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Help me farm my Sage Skill Books, then! T_T
  • Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Help me farm my Sage Skill Books, then! T_T

Well, the faction is there to help. Members actually are the faction so members are supposed to help. If you join a faction like ours you will both get help and have to help. What you do more depends on your lvl compared to the average. As we are not one of the big factions we haven't many members above lvl70 (and even less above 80 of course) so in your case you would be expected to help more than getting help yourself. That's not unfair, that's just what a helping faction is all about. Who's capable of helping more, has to help more.

We search members, that's true. We help our members (and others a lot to btw), that's also true. But asking what can the faction do for me is the wrong point of view. You have to ask yourself what can YOU do for the faction. Why? Well, as I said before YOU actually are the faction in the end. And believe me this: If we had the choice between a lvl89 just expecting us to get his stuff together and a lvl19 putting his effort into helping other low lvls we'd rather take 'the little one', because his way of thinking fits better into our philosophy.

Speaking of helping: We had a nice boss event on sunday. Yeah, we only killed quite low bosses and only for an hour (Jewel, Luminoc, Gouf, lvl49 cultis, Chin, Krix, Suz). But the great demand of players needing that help showed us, that there is too less help with bosses out there. Well, we had amazingly 10 faction members online at that time. Many players in big facs reading this will laugh now. BUT with 10 ppl we managed to help at least 50 ppl in just one hour. Imagine what the big facs could do every day if they were willing to. I don't say all of them don't, but I think it's simply not enough.
    We will try to do that constantly in the near future. It will eat up most of our capacity on those days, but the good feeling you get from such an event is incomparable. The big ones may continue battling for territories, I admire that too to be honest. But our goals are just different ... and I guess more important too.

Because we were overwhelmed by the reactions of ppl we helped, we did Krimson as bonus after the actual event. We killed him for about 3 hours for everybody appearing on King's Hill. Here's a pic of the later stage:

shadowrunevent2.jpg

That was so much fun ... we cannot wait to do it again.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    But our goals are just different ... and I guess more important too.

That's the kind of thinking that ruins a good faction. Your goals are NOT more important than any other individuals. Thinking that will destroy any future your faction will of had.
  • Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Members=Faction, members make up goals, member goals = faction goals

Cannot see anything wrong in that except you recruit wrong members not standing behind faction goals (=goals of other members). And your definition of a good faction is for sure not the only one possible. Shadowrun is one of the first days factions. We may fail on 'power' compared to the really big ones but for sure we don't fail on spirit. Even in our worst days we didn't think a second about merging (like some others did just to be a little bit successful at least once). You don't like our way? Fine, we don't want everybody to agree. We want players who agree to join. That's the concept. And if I look at how our members enjoy playing together it can't be that bad at all.

And our goals doesn't suppress individuals. It's the individuals forming and living our goals together. With more important I meant more important for us and everybody out there profiting by our efforts. You can't simply compare faction goals concerning importance, that's true of course. No offense to factions seeing it a different way. But we like our way and we keep on searching ppl who like that way too.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Members=Faction, members make up goals, member goals = faction goals

Cannot see anything wrong in that except you recruit wrong members not standing behind faction goals (=goals of other members). And your definition of a good faction is for sure not the only one possible. Shadowrun is one of the first days factions. We may fail on 'power' compared to the really big ones but for sure we don't fail on spirit. Even in our worst days we didn't think a second about merging (like some others did just to be a little bit successful at least once). You don't like our way? Fine, we don't want everybody to agree. We want players who agree to join. That's the concept. And if I look at how our members enjoy playing together it can't be that bad at all.

And our goals doesn't suppress individuals. It's the individuals forming and living our goals together. With more important I meant more important for us and everybody out there profiting by our efforts. You can't simply compare faction goals concerning importance, that's true of course. No offense to factions seeing it a different way. But we like our way and we keep on searching ppl who like that way too.

I do not believe he was trying to insult what your faction stands for, or its goals or members. While it's good that you're willing to stand up for your faction, you have to be careful of the way you phrase things. Especially as a leading figure. The line that he quoted seems as if it is saying that your factions goals are more important than other factions goals. It's okay for those goals to be more important to your own faction, but perhaps that wasn't the way you actually meant it, and it simply is being read a different way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Ok. I didn't mean our goals are more important than the goals of other factions. But what I said above sounds like that. Sorry, wasn't meant that way. Want to edit it now actually, but then nobody can follow the last posts, so I leave it with this correction here. b:surrender
    I didn't feel insulted by the answer to my post also. So no problem for anybody I hope.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for explaining what I meant, Hisuna. b:kiss
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok. I didn't mean our goals are more important than the goals of other factions. But what I said above sounds like that. Sorry, wasn't meant that way. Want to edit it now actually, but then nobody can follow the last posts, so I leave it with this correction here. b:surrender
    I didn't feel insulted by the answer to my post also. So no problem for anybody I hope.
    Thanks for explaining what I meant, Hisuna.

No need to edit it, admitting a mistake is a good thing for a leader to be able to do also. ^_^ I like the ideas behind this faction, stick to them and don't be swayed. Good luck. No problem for the explanation also, although all forms of kissing Hisu are reserved for just one person...b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    How about interpreting it as a hug? =P
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ooo asch got 89 o.o grats nub

good luck getting your faction up and running .. if you ever need a TT tank hit me up if i'm not busy =P
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Soon to be 90 in a few days. =(

and btw, Dev lol, he said his faction has been up since the beginning of the server.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yes i know.. i've seen shadowrun around .. i meant it as in.. good luck getting more members and stuffs.. hush asch
  • Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I want to add I'm not the leader of Shadowrun actually, I'm just one of the officers. Thx anyway for wishing us luck. Same to you of course. b:pleased
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it's not easy to recruit good ppl nowadays~
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have seen Shadowrun around quite a bit...I have not met a member, but Im sure that will come sooner or later....

Great that you help so much with mini's. It can be pretty exhausting, with a hefty repair cost, and set you back on leveling, but it is the idea and thought behind it that counts.

My own faction does not do that event, per se. But if we have room in our squad, we usually WC it to offer others a chance to take the opportunity. Especially Jewel and Krimson b:chuckle

Keep up the great work....teach some of these other factions a lesson or two b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have seen Shadowrun around quite a bit...I have not met a member

seems contradictory
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    seems contradictory

Not necessarily. I've seen Nefarious around a lot. I've even been in squads with them in the distant past. But, I have rarely met any of them in any meaningful sense.
  • calirose
    calirose Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just wondering, what lvl is the guild and how many members do you have?
  • Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    We are lvl2 for a very long time now. As I said we lost quite a few members to the big facs a while ago. Most of them just wanted to get into TW finally and Shadowrun isn't big enough to do TW. After they left we decided to make a big clean on inactive ppl also. At this point we were down to 3x members only.

At the moment we are back to over 50 members again and all of them are more or less active. Inactives are really all gone now. The main part of our members is in the European time zones, but like most factions we have members from all over the world.

We tried some event ideas and liked them very much. So we'll do events on a regular base in the future. Next Boss event for example is likely to be scheduled the weekend after Easter. This time we may announce it in this forum too. We didn't last time, because we're small and didn't know how much demand there is for the bosses we covered with the event. And of course there're always ppl like 'What do you think? I can solo all these bosses.' Didn't take a second after first world shout announcing event to get me a whisper like this. We had to face one disturber also who appeared at Luminoc and Krimson trying to ... well I don't know.

What I do know is, that one silly person like this can be enough to ruin the reputation of a whole faction over time. He was in one of the big ones and if I didn't know this faction to be quite nice before that, I think I probably would hate them now because of just one idiot. Everybody knows it's false to judge a group by just one member but humans seem to do so most of the time. It's the thing with first impression counting most maybe.

As we grow relatively slow, we know our members quite well. We try our best to be sure to get 'the right ones' into our faction. Doesn't always work of course. But for sure it's better than power-recruiting with welcome presents or things like that. There seems to be a quite young big faction out there having a bad reputation already because of certain members.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask here or in game. I'll try my best to answer them quickly.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    We are lvl2 for a very long time now. As I said we lost quite a few members to the big facs a while ago. Most of them just wanted to get into TW finally and Shadowrun isn't big enough to do TW. After they left we decided to make a big clean on inactive ppl also. At this point we were down to 3x members only.

At the moment we are back to over 50 members again and all of them are more or less active. Inactives are really all gone now. The main part of our members is in the European time zones, but like most factions we have members from all over the world.

We tried some event ideas and liked them very much. So we'll do events on a regular base in the future. Next Boss event for example is likely to be scheduled the weekend after Easter. This time we may announce it in this forum too. We didn't last time, because we're small and didn't know how much demand there is for the bosses we covered with the event. And of course there're always ppl like 'What do you think? I can solo all these bosses.' Didn't take a second after first world shout announcing event to get me a whisper like this. We had to face one disturber also who appeared at Luminoc and Krimson trying to ... well I don't know.

What I do know is, that one silly person like this can be enough to ruin the reputation of a whole faction over time. He was in one of the big ones and if I didn't know this faction to be quite nice before that, I think I probably would hate them now because of just one idiot. Everybody knows it's false to judge a group by just one member but humans seem to do so most of the time. It's the thing with first impression counting most maybe.

As we grow relatively slow, we know our members quite well. We try our best to be sure to get 'the right ones' into our faction. Doesn't always work of course. But for sure it's better than power-recruiting with welcome presents or things like that. There seems to be a quite young big faction out there having a bad reputation already because of certain members.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask here or in game. I'll try my best to answer them quickly.

Boring :O

and have a good game
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Kyonkorrh - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I hope it's not boring for everyone.