Error of undecipherable doom (slams head on wall)

AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
So...I tried starting Perfect world and it won't start. I get this error message of strange bizare symbols.... anyways after the error goes away the opening client stays up with start and update greyed out. I have downloaded the language packs specified both from the Microsoft site and from my XP CD. Helps please? My head is starting to hurt from banging it continuessly on my wall xD
Oh, and the patching is all fine and the client was reinstalled after installing various language packs. THe files are also verified ^^
Post edited by AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Have you tried updating your drivers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    No, no I haven't >///<
    How would one go about that?
    edited April 2009
    Okay, so with all of my drivers up to date... nothing happened xD
    Still the same error and theres one that pops up after it but it goes away to fast for it to be legible. Should I file a help ticket with a diaxdiag?
  • nicollio
    nicollio Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Soo...i've been getting the same thing. I have spent about 5 hours reinstalling and installing the game client after downloading driver updates, language packs, and i have been having the same problem. I've tried using port forwarding, sending tickets (only sent one but no reply yet, about a day ago. I am patient), and proxy firewalls to get it to work. Is the bizzare message supposed to say something? How can i get it to work?

edit: I sent in my dxdiag info with my ticket. i also have a screenshot of the symbols in an image if you would like me to send that in too. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem, this may help solve it faster! =)

edit again: i found this link posted on another thread, i'm going to try it. I'm downloading it from my windows xp cd as i type this =)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741711&postcount=6
    edited April 2009
    ^o^ Join me in slamming our heads upon this wall my comerade in undicepherable errors!
    I gave the Xp boot disc and the liste language pack URL's a shot, but if it works for you lemme know. I'm always up to the possibility I fluked up the simple stuff ^^
    edited April 2009
    b:surrenderI don't know if this would make a difference but I coppied the installer for PW off of a USB drive. I had done this before and it has never previously posed a problem but I just thought I would mention it ^^
    edit: I have also tried running this in windowed mode
  • nicollio
    edited April 2009
    yeah, i'm not at the point of slamming my head against the wall, but i'm pretty close. I tried restarting and installing windows xp east asian language packs, but it didn't do anything helpful =(

if there is any way to solve this problem please help us!
  • aryannamage
    edited April 2009
    Could you please provide us the following fields from a DXdiag :
    System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System :
    Processor :
    Memory :

Display Tab - device box -
    Name:
    Chip Type:

Display Tab - driver box -
    Date:

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Dones. Help ticket has been sent. Thank you for your help aryannamage! ^^b:thanks
  • nicollio
    edited April 2009
    i've sent a ticket in with my information already but i am awaiting a response. here's the information you're asking for though, i hope that our info matches up so if it is something wrong with the driver than it will be easily fixed.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM

Card name: VMware SVGA II
    Chip type: VMware SVGA II

Driver Date/Size: 11/27/2008 14:09:57, 98480 bytes
    edited April 2009
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
    Memory: 510MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
    Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440

Driver Date/Size: 7/28/2003 14:19:00, 3902603 bytes

(to conserve my manlyhood I feel the need to anouncethis is not my personal computer >////<)
  • nicollio
    edited April 2009
    i'm not sure but after looking down the forum pages a bit, it looks like a lot of people have been having this problem. Only after downloading patch 102 though. Maybe there's something wrong with the patch? It's been happening on a few different OSs from what i've seen, AzureRequem has windows XP SP3 i have XP SP2 and i saw someone who had the problem on Vista. I'm beginning to think it may be the patch that has the problem instead of our installations.
  • aryannamage
    edited April 2009
    Driver Date/Size: 7/28/2003 14:19:00, 3902603 bytes

O.-

Update please...

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    *nods* Agreed. I noticed my friend with a V-E-R-Y simmilar computer as this is not having the problem. I recently installed PW on the current computer and s/he just patched his/hers and is not having an issue....bizzare, no?
  • aryannamage
    edited April 2009
    nicollio wrote: »
    i've sent a ticket in with my information already but i am awaiting a response. here's the information you're asking for though, i hope that our info matches up so if it is something wrong with the driver than it will be easily fixed.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM

Card name: VMware SVGA II
    Chip type: VMware SVGA II

Driver Date/Size: 11/27/2008 14:09:57, 98480 bytes

I do not believe PWI supports that graphicscard at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicollio
    edited April 2009
    Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT

I use Windows XP SP2 through a parallel program called VMWare Fusion, I have a macbook pro. The graphics card is a GeForce 8600 GT on my computer. I know that this computer can run games pretty well too, it runs WC3 better than any other computer i've seen it played on. sry for the other game mention there but i needed a comparison. I run it on windows here too...

picture1tsa.png
  • aryannamage
    edited April 2009
    nicollio I honestly haven't got a clue how to get it working for you. Have mentioned this to a GM who was just as stumped as me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009

Updated!
    ...it still hates me ROFL!
    edited April 2009
    *waves arms* ooh,ooh, PICK MEEE! ^O^
    I have the same error and another one pops up REAL quick after I hit ok and then disapeers before I can read it! O.O
  • aryannamage
    edited April 2009
    Seems then that the card is just too old. A new one maybe your best bet. Here some recommendations for the system requirements.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1212842&postcount=29
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    b:surrenderb:surrender I checked the listed reqs on the cardb:cry
    edited April 2009
    Oh wells. that's life I suppose ^o^
    edited April 2009
    And on an unrelated... my guild (Enlighten) has a broken guild site xD. I wanted to say hihi to them since I've been MIA for about a month XP
    edited April 2009
    So... yeah. I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall one last time and verify files for kicks and giggles. I'll keep checking back but if that don't work I'll go play Xenosaga for a bit xD
    edited April 2009
    Okay, so I managed to see part of the error after the Squiggles.
    I sw "runtime error" and thats about it...I'm gonna try and screen capture it
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2009
    b:surrenderb:surrender I checked the listed reqs on the cardb:cry
    In particular, that card lacks support for both vertex shaders and DirectX 8. Aryanna is correct; you will have to get a better card.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

edited April 2009
    surtr wrote: »
    In particular, that card lacks support for both vertex shaders and DirectX 8. Aryanna is correct; you will have to get a better card.

Just got a help tik saying the same thing. Thank you both and sorry for wasting 'ya time >///<
This discussion has been closed.