Jumps, damage in falls and breathing underwater

lienne
lienne Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Suggestion Box
A little of realism in every mmorpg make it more enjoyable for some of us.

The players jump almost to the moon, its okay that elfs fly with they're cuties wings but.. jumping to a roof with no effort? Are the players 'made of' flesh or cotton?

In relation on that, the superjumpers feather-players take no damage no matter how much high they fall off. I'm a suicide girl and I'm allways killing myself because of that in some... other games I don't want to call. But here, If Im out of mana flying with my elf... doesn't matters. My character doesn't have bones to break! O_.

The last, and also less important for me, there's no flesh, no bones, so the players don't need to breath. I can spend hour underwater 'cause the sound while sweeming is awesome and I'll never drown.

Amm, and sorry for my bad english, but I hope you'll get the idea. =P
Post edited by lienne on

Comments

• crackerchad
    crackerchad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    OMG i soo thought of that too, man jumping off buildings for suicide would be sooooo funny lol, and yeah.. its just not as realistic, i think the challenege of actually having trouble to jump up a mountain side and climb would be nice ^^
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    are you kidding?
    i love games where i can jump really high
    it's fun

i feel restricted if it's more realistic
    it's a game it's not supposed to be that realistic i mean
    my character's skin in flat black(nearly) with white eyes white lips
    hair and beard

and i ride on top of a large deer wielding a seemingly radioactive
    spear..

o:
    you want realism that's why they have second life xD

plus if we had limited breathing time underwater
    you know how annoying it'd be to do some of the quests that require you to kill underwater mobs?
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'll put this simply. I don't play this game for realism, I play it for fantasy fun. If I wanted realism, I'd go outside.

Seriously, though, the object of this game isn't to be realistic. Flight, swimming forever, and no broken bones are only the beginning. How about magic, teleporters, chi-stones, not needing to eat, transforming from a werewolf to a white tiger, being a werewolf at all, having wings at all, riding on the back of a giant flying manta ray, or worse: a giant flying SWORD! The point of the game is to have fun. The devs decided (and I think rightly) that most of their players probably won't be entertained by taking damage from falls, jumping a mere 6 inches, or having a limited swim time.
  • Norina - Dreamweaver
    Norina - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's actually refreshing not having to worry if I'm jumping from a place too high or watching a breath-meter.

In fact, it's QUITE exhilerating to fly as high as you can, then toggle flying off. It's like parachuting... and you land like a feather.

I actually get a few butterflies in my stomach when I do it. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ((AFK from game. bbiab.))
  • Gdkn - Lost City
    Gdkn - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well me id think just maybe adding a little more emphasis to your landings, if you hit the floor hard from a high up location no matter what the race, then you would have to bend down and show that you fell damn far :P

also for water, if you were in the water for a long time, as soon as your on land you hear a deep breathing sound as if the person had been holding their breath for 4 min straight.

that would be as far as id ever take the game, its great the way it is
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Implemented in the upcoming patch:

Characters will need to go to the toilet every hour or else you **** your pants. Players with soiled clothing deal 33% less damage. You can alleviate this condition by buying adult diapers from the cash shop costing 1 gold each which allow you to grind for 1 hour without going to the loo. Venomancers will have to carry a pooper scooper around for their pets or else risk getting fined for public littering.

Drinking too many potions may cause a condition known as potion addiction where your stats are halved if you do not consume a potion at least two minutes after the previous quaff. Other side-effects include shaking of the display and selling off equipment to fund your addiction. The only cure is to go for rehab in Sanctuary.

Excessive embracing can get you infected with a sexually transmitted disease.

Deaths are now permanent.

b:chuckle
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sounds like lineage2
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes... Lets add this and see what happens!

*goes to Ancient Dragon City and see alot of dead catshops*

I see dead people...
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.
  • Lilcutiee - Sanctuary
    Lilcutiee - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Are u serious there so many steep moutains and stuff if u fall and die and lose xp its not gonna be fun and ppl are gonna get SUPER MAD hehe ^^
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lienne wrote: »
    A little of realism in every mmorpg make it more enjoyable for some of us.

The players jump almost to the moon, its okay that elfs fly with they're cuties wings but.. jumping to a roof with no effort? Are the players 'made of' flesh or cotton?

In relation on that, the superjumpers feather-players take no damage no matter how much high they fall off. I'm a suicide girl and I'm allways killing myself because of that in some... other games I don't want to call. But here, If Im out of mana flying with my elf... doesn't matters. My character doesn't have bones to break! O_.

The last, and also less important for me, there's no flesh, no bones, so the players don't need to breath. I can spend hour underwater 'cause the sound while sweeming is awesome and I'll never drown.

Amm, and sorry for my bad english, but I hope you'll get the idea. =P

I think it's kewl that you can't die from falling and stuff. You got too much stuff going on to be worrying about details like that.
  • Yaurena - Lost City
    Yaurena - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Okay I've done that quest in etherblade that asks you to jump from roof to rocks to get a thing, it was fun to try to reach it, but if you are a starter on this game, at least the thing that cames to my mind, and my friends said the same... 'Looks like a beta game'

You see I come from Wow, the breathing underwater exist just if you have potions or buffs. We can quest underwater, thats not a problem at all and its fun.
    Also there are talents and buffs that prevents from taking damage when falling, like levitation for priests and slow fall for mages, etc, and its funnier to watch how you fall down slowly while your enemys kill themselves (They NORMALLY try to kill you in 3vs1. Here I'm too newbie. I dunno)
    Hey Wow and L2 have that realism I'm talking about, and the players on l2 don't feed or drink neither, players on wow fly around with a winged lion or a superbig eagle, or a griphon! Two of they're races are aliens that came from other planet, but the game have that realistic gravity.

I keep thinking that if developers do well, the possibilities are incredible.
  • WolveFox - Heavens Tear
    WolveFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if i REALLY wanted to break bones and stuff i would just tell my bro to get off his fat **** and go outside climb a latter and jump off the roof god.......some peopll just dont grasp the concept of FANTASY GAMES!!!! >=O b:angryb:angry SO SHUTb:shutup THE HELL UP AND GO PLAY OUTSIDE OR SUMPTHING!b:angry
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would want to get hurt when I land on the ground from falling 1000 feet on the ground....??? Or I prefer to take 0 dmg.

Some things shouldn't be changed... unless of course, you want to die?

Once again, lazy people who didn't program height damage wins the day.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't intend to be rude or something,
    but I think I've found the perfect MMO for you b:chuckle

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4982/outsidemmo.jpg

b:laughb:chuckle
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'll put this simply. I don't play this game for realism, I play it for fantasy fun. If I wanted realism, I'd go outside.

quote of the century.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Himntor - Lost City
    Himntor - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I neeeevvverrr Want That Suggestion To take place. NEVER! EVER EVER! :O I want FREEDOM!!! Thats part of the reason i like this game! YOU HAVE ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! I mean Suicide Jumping of buildings losing Exp? Thats just plain Stupid to Die when fall. Evil ppl if you agree with this x-x!
  • wiredbomb0
    wiredbomb0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm glad that there is no fall damage. I would have been killed 10 times in one go (I went 79 up and took of wings lol). I think it adds another edge of fantasy, which is what I think the developers are trying to get at. As for swimming, I think that should be at least some time, doesn't have to be a short time, but just so you don't stay under there forever.
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The thing that bugs me most about falling is not that I dont lose health, but it doesnt feel like Im falling at all. You fall at the same speed until a few metres above the ground where you kinda flutter your wings (Im an archer).

You jump of your table, you dont feel anything. Jump off a three storey building and you get broken legs. You go faster as you fall further.
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    having played... more than bunch of other games...

when falling gives you damges.. you will get fdamges cause of lag, or badly prgramed areas...

and if you die.. you lose XP.. id like to see you die from a fall at lv 80+ ..without GA.. you'd do it once... and come back here qqing for removing that ****.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.