Xbow...Bow....Slingshot?

Options
Limshutian - Sanctuary
Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
so i was wondering which one i should use?
i know that slingshot shoots faster and xbow shoots slower, and bow is in the middle, but i dont know which one to use.....actually im using my trial xbow right now but there are going to weapons with better dmg in the 30s so.....yeah
thanks
Post edited by Limshutian - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so i was wondering which one i should use?
    i know that slingshot shoots faster and xbow shoots slower, and bow is in the middle, but i dont know which one to use.....actually im using my trial xbow right now but there are going to weapons with better dmg in the 30s so.....yeah
    thanks

Should not be a concern until mid levels in the game (40-70). PvE is superior (in general) and xbow is superior for PvP (in general). Just go with what you pick up or get a hold of. The first encounter of this question will be at lvl 42 when there is a superior legendary slingshot (sinister shooter) available if you have the money. The next time you would make this decision again would be at lvl 69. Plenty of time for you to do some research imo.
  • Comy - Lost City
    Comy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    use only slings till lvl 90 better then turn in xbow b:kissb:bye
    They can run...but they cant hide!!!b:laugh
  • Mitsukaix - Heavens Tear
    Mitsukaix - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I persoannaly Perfer Normal Bows Altho xbows hav a higher Maximum damage
    "You Have Nothing To Fear In Life But Fear Itself"
    ~Angel~Of~Death~ TotalSin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valcorm - Harshlands
    Valcorm - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i prefer the regular bows they seem to be a mix of both but i am only lvl 14 at this point
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    PvE Sling constant damage fast shooting speed
    PvP xbow high spike damage attack speed doesnt effect skills so usually skills are used when an xbow is equipped

90+ can use either depends on how u pvp
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • jamser
    jamser Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Slings have the highest average damage over time. Using 1 u can generally kill most mobs before they can get to you. Also they have the lowest range of damage (highest hit compared to lowest) so are more predictable. You will also get more crits with them due to the increased speed.

Generally I think slingshots are the better choice, even for PvP (especially against arcane armour) however they are expensive in ammo, so if you want to save a bit then go for xbows.

The problem with xbows however is that you will need to rely on using skills more with them, so you may get through a lot more mp pots. They are also slow and have a huge range of damage so you could find yourself hitting lower than a slingshot with them.

I personally use a slingshot for most, then switch to a xbow for using skills.
  • Blooddevil - Harshlands
    Blooddevil - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    if you cant decide way dot you use normal bows? They are the best they are not to expensive and they are fast.
  • Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    SLINGS OWN! :)
    there fast , GREAT min damage, thats my way
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    90+ can use either depends on how u pvp

At 9x you have a good critical rate. Why not give yourself the opportunity to critical higher?

For any class using heavy armor and you can count light armors too the slingshot becomes practically useless.

You loose the advantage of the attack speed, as all skills cast and channel the same way independent of the weapon of choice.... Which is the selling point of a crossbow.
    jamser wrote: »
    Generally I think slingshots are the better choice, even for PvP (especially against arcane armour) however they are expensive in ammo, so if you want to save a bit then go for xbows.

In PvP you usually use skills....

Arcane, yes, a Slingshot wouldn't be bad, but against Light and Heavy - consistently hitting low numbers doesn't constitute higher damage...
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would say the same about xbows high max dmg but low min dmg so unpredictable at times and slingshots shoot fast so for lvling i would also recommend slingshot and for pvp TW go with xbow for its high dmg spikes and if u want a little of both then just a regular bow